Advanced Member

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 08:23 PM

Maintainer: Marky Mark DE
Creator: Axel Grude

Ext. Version: 0.9.5pre20
Release date: 2014-03-22
Description: The SmartTemplate4 Add-on can customize 'quote headers' per account.
Extension is compatible to: ( - 2.20.*) ( PostBox 2.0.0 - 3.*) ( 3.1.7 - 24.*)

Included locales: de en-US es-ES fi fr it ja ja-JP nl oc pl pt-BR ru sr sv-SE uk uk-UA zh-CN zh-TW

THIS EXTENSION HAS MOVED TO BETA.BABELZILLA.ORG

SmartTemplate4 on beta.babelzilla.org

Edited by markh, 13 April 2014 - 11:10 AM.

#2 markh

markh

BZ Jungle Guide

• Admin
  • 4070 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 02:36 PM

Welcome! welcomeani.gif

Just a bit of information for you: in case you have some queries about the WTS, you can find our Wiki here!

In case you're looking for a specific translator, please see the list of available translators on BabelZilla.
When you select the desired one, you can send him/her a P.M. or an e-mail (if and when public).

You may also insert a new Topic in the Help Section, in order to ask for specific translations, to write a general request about missing translations, etc.

May I suggest you remove the locales that are currently filled with English strings? The WTS will generate them automatically when a translator registers.
While the bankers all get their bonuses I’ll just get along with what I’ve got

#3 Marky Mark DE

Marky Mark DE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 04:29 PM

QUOTE (markh @ Jun 30 2011, 13:36) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Welcome! welcomeani.gif

Just a bit of information for you: in case you have some queries about the WTS, you can find our Wiki here!

In case you're looking for a specific translator, please see the list of available translators on BabelZilla.
When you select the desired one, you can send him/her a P.M. or an e-mail (if and when public).

You may also insert a new Topic in the Help Section, in order to ask for specific translations, to write a general request about missing translations, etc.

May I suggest you remove the locales that are currently filled with English strings? The WTS will generate them automatically when a translator registers.

i hope i have do it now right... ;-)
im new here and it's really complicated ;-)

#4 markh

markh

BZ Jungle Guide

• Admin
  • 4070 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 11:19 PM

QUOTE (Newcomer01 @ Jun 30 2011, 16:29) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i hope i have do it now right... ;-)
im new here and it's really complicated ;-)

Almost; just update your chrome.manifest before the next time you update (no need to do it immediately) to reflect the locales actually present. I have removed all empty locales without an assigned translator from the database; the locales in the WTS are what should be reflected in chrome.manifest/install.rdf. wink.gif

#5 Marky Mark DE

Marky Mark DE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 11:28 PM

QUOTE (markh @ Jun 30 2011, 22:19) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Almost; just update your chrome.manifest before the next time you update (no need to do it immediately) to reflect the locales actually present. I have removed all empty locales without an assigned translator from the database; the locales in the WTS are what should be reflected in chrome.manifest/install.rdf. wink.gif

thank you!
Okay then i know it in the future: i need only the strings in chrome.manifest which locale i have...locale that need part translations i can let in (string in chrome and folder)?

#6 markh

markh

BZ Jungle Guide

• Admin
  • 4070 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 07:09 AM

QUOTE (Newcomer01 @ Jun 30 2011, 23:28) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
thank you!
Okay then i know it in the future: i need only the strings in chrome.manifest which locale i have...locale that need part translations i can let in (string in chrome and folder)?

Yes. Take a moment to browse through our Wiki (see link above), it might be useful at times wink.gif

#7 teo

teo

XUL Warrior & Layout Fakir

• BabelZillian Mods
  • 1437 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 09:30 PM

Polish locale released.

My locale you can download from WTS in the proper format. smile.gif
Teo

#8 Marky Mark DE

Marky Mark DE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 12:10 AM

QUOTE (teo @ Jul 1 2011, 20:30) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Polish locale released.

My locale you can download from WTS in the proper format. smile.gif

Thank you!
But i must correct all translations... not your fault...the WTS has an Problem with html which don't displayed converted..;-)

#9 maurojs10

maurojs10

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 06:48 PM

QUOTE (Newcomer01 @ Jul 1 2011, 20:10) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thank you!
But i must correct all translations... not your fault...the WTS has an Problem with html which don't displayed converted..;-)

Do you refer to the strings pref_html.label , pref_rep_br.label , pref_rep_br.cap in "smartTemplate.dtd" ?

To avoid that problem in pt-BR locale, I am replacing:
  • <b> with &amp;lt;b&amp;gt;
  • </b> with &amp;lt;/b&amp;gt;
  • <br> with &amp;lt;br&amp;gt;

#10 Marky Mark DE

Marky Mark DE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 07:33 PM

QUOTE (maurojs10 @ Jul 2 2011, 17:48) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do you refer to the strings pref_html.label , pref_rep_br.label , pref_rep_br.cap in "smartTemplate.dtd" ?

To avoid that problem in pt-BR locale, I am replacing:
  • <b> with &amp;lt;b&amp;gt;
  • </b> with &amp;lt;/b&amp;gt;
  • <br> with &amp;lt;br&amp;gt;

yes that i mean. But unfortunly is it however you submit it in WTS in the downloaded files wrong...
By this reason was it really nice when you can download your translated files (smartTemplate.dtd (important), calender.properties and help.html) and edit this parts like your examples inside the quellcode with notepad or notepad++ and submit it as reply here or via PM.
It would be really nice when you can test your translation inside my addon...before you send this files to me... sorry for this problems and the additional work... i don't have any other idea when i can't speak your language to fix it byself....

#11 maurojs10

maurojs10

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 11:24 PM

QUOTE (Newcomer01 @ Jul 2 2011, 15:33) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yes that i mean. But unfortunly is it however you submit it in WTS in the downloaded files wrong...
By this reason was it really nice when you can download your translated files (smartTemplate.dtd (important), calender.properties and help.html) and edit this parts like your examples inside the quellcode with notepad or notepad++ and submit it as reply here or via PM.
It would be really nice when you can test your translation inside my addon...before you send this files to me... sorry for this problems and the additional work... i don't have any other idea when i can't speak your language to fix it byself....

Brazilian Portuguese (pt-BR) locale is released.

I have tested the translated files downloaded from Babelzilla, and they work just fine. I just had to add the following in the "help.html", right after the opening "<head>" tag:

CODE
<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">

Anyway, you can find those files attached for you convenience.

Attached File  smarttemplate4_pt_BR.zip   3.05KB   1 downloads

Thank you.

#12 Marky Mark DE

Marky Mark DE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 10:42 AM

QUOTE (maurojs10 @ Jul 2 2011, 23:24) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Brazilian Portuguese (pt-BR) locale is released.

I have tested the translated files downloaded from Babelzilla, and they work just fine. I just had to add the following in the "help.html", right after the opening "<head>" tag:

CODE
<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">

Anyway, you can find those files attached for you convenience.

Attached File  smarttemplate4_pt_BR.zip   3.05KB   1 downloads

Thank you.

THANK YOU!
You did an great job many thanks for ;-)
The Idea with the "<head>" tag is great, now it's an fallback to UTF8 charset and all will display correct.... the small things....
I will wait on other loacale then i publish it on AMO, feel free to use the Addon with your translation ;-)

#13 markh

markh

BZ Jungle Guide

• Admin
  • 4070 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 06:46 PM

Dutch locale released cool.gif With the exception of the < b > and < /b > tags, all worked well with the hack maurojs has described. Please find the files below.

@Newcomer01: there is currently no possibility to avoid the issues you had with HTML tags; fixing them would create other problems. You could try hardcoding them into the xul file, or replacing them by %S entries unsure.gif

#14 Marky Mark DE

Marky Mark DE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 06:54 PM

QUOTE (markh @ Jul 3 2011, 18:46) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dutch locale released cool.gif With the exception of the < b > and < /b > tags, all worked well with the hack maurojs has described. Please find the files below.

@Newcomer01: there is currently no possibility to avoid the issues you had with HTML tags; fixing them would create other problems. You could try hardcoding them into the xul file, or replacing them by %S entries unsure.gif

Thank you.
Sorry can you make an example what you understand as "hardcoding"... i couldn't set an head in the xul to set an fallback to UTF8 or also...
Whats happend with the "%s" entries... sorry i'm new (in the mozilla hackerszeene *lol*) and must learn and when you have additional infos i like to hear about ;-)
Thank you

Marc

#15 markh

markh

BZ Jungle Guide

• Admin
  • 4070 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 10:34 AM

QUOTE (Newcomer01 @ Jul 3 2011, 18:54) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thank you.
Sorry can you make an example what you understand as "hardcoding"... i couldn't set an head in the xul to set an fallback to UTF8 or also...
Whats happend with the "%s" entries... sorry i'm new (in the mozilla hackerszeene *lol*) and must learn and when you have additional infos i like to hear about ;-)
Thank you

Marc

Well, if you leave the HTML tags in question outside the strings and only localize the sections that do not give any problems.

For instance, replace inside settings.xul
CODE
tooltiptext="&pref_rep_br.cap;"

by
CODE
tooltiptext="&pref_rep_br.cap; &lt;br&gt;"

and remove the last bit from the localized string.

Mind you, I am not a coder at all, so others might be able to provide better advice than me on this matter. Not able to help at all on the %s, all I know is that it can be used, but I don’t have a clue how.

#16 maurojs10

maurojs10

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 03:56 PM

QUOTE (markh @ Jul 4 2011, 06:34) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, if you leave the HTML tags in question outside the strings and only localize the sections that do not give any problems.

For instance, replace inside settings.xul
CODE
tooltiptext="&pref_rep_br.cap;"

by
CODE
tooltiptext="&pref_rep_br.cap; &lt;br&gt;"

and remove the last bit from the localized string.

Mind you, I am not a coder at all, so others might be able to provide better advice than me on this matter. Not able to help at all on the %s, all I know is that it can be used, but I don’t have a clue how.

I don't think that hardcoding <br> in settings.xul will work for all languages. I mean, <br> may be the last word of pref_rep_br.cap in English, Dutch and Portuguese, but it may come before in German and Japanese, for example.

English : pref_rep_br.cap = "NOTE: Will not replace new-line which following an HTML tag with <br>."
German : pref_rep_br.cap = "HINWEIS: Es wird keine Leerstelle innerhalb des HTML Tag mit <br> eingefügt"
Japanese : pref_rep_br.cap = "注:HTMLタグに続く改行は<br>に変換されません。"

#17 Marky Mark DE

Marky Mark DE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 12:17 PM

QUOTE (maurojs10 @ Jul 4 2011, 15:56) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't think that hardcoding <br> in settings.xul will work for all languages. I mean, <br> may be the last word of pref_rep_br.cap in English, Dutch and Portuguese, but it may come before in German and Japanese, for example.

English : pref_rep_br.cap = "NOTE: Will not replace new-line which following an HTML tag with <br>."
German : pref_rep_br.cap = "HINWEIS: Es wird keine Leerstelle innerhalb des HTML Tag mit <br> eingefügt"
Japanese : pref_rep_br.cap = "注:HTMLタグに続く改行は<br>に変換されません。"

Yes you are right.
It's not the last Bit in all Languages... by this reason only my solution worked... unfortunly more work for an Translator sad.gif
Bullshit, but i can't change it...

By the way: i heared from many Translators that the helpfile (help.html) don't be generated by WTS System... i have attached here the en-US Helpfile for there Translations (edit with notepad or notepad++)
You can translate this one in your Language and attached this translated file here
Thanks for our great Job here!

Attached Files

#18 markh

markh

BZ Jungle Guide

• Admin
  • 4070 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 02:12 PM

QUOTE (Newcomer01 @ Jul 5 2011, 12:17) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
By the way: i heared from many Translators that the helpfile (help.html) don't be gerate by WTS System... i have attached here the en-US Helpfile for there Translations (edit with notepad or notepad++)

I think that is due to the fact that is encoded as UTF-16 LE rather than UTF-8 (and DOS rather than UNIX). If recoded, it should display fine wink.gif

Recoded version attached here:

#19 markh

markh

BZ Jungle Guide

• Admin
  • 4070 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 02:17 PM

QUOTE (Newcomer01 @ Jul 5 2011, 12:17) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes you are right.
It's not the last Bit in all Languages... by this reason only my solution worked... unfortunly more work for an Translator sad.gif
Bullshit, but i can't change it...

Maybe you could consider breaking up the phrase into three sections then? Before and after? Can’t think of which right now, but I know it has been done in other extensions too.

Something like
CODE
tooltiptext="&pref_rep_br.cap.before; &lt;br&gt; &pref_rep_br.cap.after"
, where &pref_rep_br.cap.after could be just ‘.’ or the second section of the sentence.

#20 Marky Mark DE

Marky Mark DE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 09:47 PM

QUOTE (markh @ Jul 5 2011, 14:12) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think that is due to the fact that is encoded as UTF-16 LE rather than UTF-8 (and DOS rather than UNIX). If recoded, it should display fine wink.gif

Recoded version attached here:

Can you apply this corrected (with UTF-8 Head) help in the Base of the WTS?
My en-US Version that i have attached was the UTF-8 corrected "head tag" too.
Its better when all files can be generated in WTS when start a new translation...
ch-CN (current translation), ru and fr the help are not displayed / generated?
-> please fix all present BUGs if you can.
Thank you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users