71 replies to this topic

#41 Underpass

Underpass

eXtenZilla IT Member

• Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 06:13 PM

Excuse me,

I see the it-IT translation seems 100% complete but actually it's not: could you please avoid to insert English strings?

In this way it is extremely difficult to tell untranslated strings apart from the localized ones.

Thanks in advance.

edit: moreover, I found some strings translated by someone else (not me, for sure). How could this have happened? excl.gif
"Gold scissors cut the ribbon and set them loose. On the opening day the vibrations will shake your bones.
But I suppose it's the disadvantage of not speaking a second language." (Wire)

#42 babelrene

babelrene

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 09:32 AM

Hi,

QUOTE (Underpass @ Feb 17 2008, 18:13) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I see the it-IT translation seems 100% complete but actually it's not: could you please avoid to insert English strings?
In this way it is extremely difficult to tell untranslated strings apart from the localized ones.

don't know how to do this better (as a developer, not the maintainer of the extension at babelzilla). The locale-files only work if all the strings are translated. So I have to choose between not including them at all if one string is non-translated or replace the string with English.
Using the translations from babelzilla I have the same problem. I always have to check manually if the translation seems somehow complete and its worth to include...

Regards,
Rene

#43 markh

markh

BZ Jungle Guide

• Admin
  • 4070 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 11:04 PM

Dutch locale updated, tested and released cool.gif

I found one unlocalized string:

While the bankers all get their bonuses I’ll just get along with what I’ve got

#44 babelrene

babelrene

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 08:41 PM

Hi all,

thanks for all your translation works. The Version 0.5 of Virtual Identity will be released next week. I removed the related pre-version-warning from every translation. Till now 0.5 includes the following translations

"en-US" "de-DE" "fr-FR" "nl-NL" "pl-PL"
and testing/QA "cs-CZ" "it-IT"

Not included by now are the following released locales:
es-ES missing:
v_identity.dtd:
vident.prefs.autoReplyToSelf.label
vident.prefs.vIdentityTab.draftsTab.label
vident.prefs.vIdentityTab.tmplTab.label
vident.prefs.smartReplyTab.Tab3.desc
vident.prefs.storageCap1.caption
vident.prefs.storageCap2.caption
vident.prefs.storage.dont_update_multiple.label
vident.prefs.storage.get_One_Only.label
v_identity.properties:
vident.smartIdentity.vIStorageUsage

sk-SK missing:
vI_upgrade.dtd missing
vI_upgrade.properties missing
v_identity.dtd:
vident.prefs.vIdentityTab.draftsTab.label
vident.prefs.vIdentityTab.tmplTab.label
vident.prefs.smartReplyTab.Tab3.desc
vident.prefs.storageTab.label
vident.prefs.storageCap1.caption
vident.prefs.storageCap2.caption
vident.prefs.storage.dont_update_multiple.label
vident.prefs.storage.get_One_Only.label

Please complete the translations or object against the usage of the testing-versions.
Regards,
Rene

#45 chuzo

chuzo

Site Admin

• Admin
  • 1306 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 10:33 PM

Spanish (es-ES) locale is now updated in the WTS happy.gif

Spanish (Spain) / es-ES

Sorry for delay ops.gif

#46 babelrene

babelrene

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 10:08 AM

Hi chuzo,

thanks, added your translation to the to-be-released version.

regards,
Rene

#47 babelrene

babelrene

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 12 March 2008 - 12:43 PM

Hi all,

released the new version of the extension at https://www.absorb.it/virtual-id/wiki/DownloadPage and at https://addons.mozilla.org/thunderbird/addon/594

Thanks for your translations.

regards,
Rene

#48 babelrene

babelrene

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 20 April 2008 - 01:40 PM

Hi all,

first,a sidenote: some of you might have missed the release of the 0.5.x version from addons.mozilla.org. After the release 0.5.0 there had been two other releases (without changings in the localization), but none of those was released on addons.mozilla.org till today. They are uploaded since months, but nobody seems to be interested to review them there. The bad thing is that the update-link points to addons.mozilla.org, so I can't do anything about this issue. So, even if you still use the 0.4.4 version and wonder why I'm not releasing your last translations, its not in my Hands. But to change this dependency, from 0.5.3 on the upgrade-information will be again hold locally on my own server.

ok, but now the news, a new version is coming up, the 0.5.3 including an Data-Editor and the possibility to store additional Settings used in the MessageCompose Dialog.

Chuzo will hopefully upload the locale file soon, I created a version with blank locales where translations are missing. Beside, I splitted the locale-File in a bigger collection, but used your old translations and moved them around. Cause this also probably means that any half-finished translations are gone, just tell me here which of the non-finished older translations are still worked on.

If you like to test the new pre-release (bug-reports and tipps always welcome) have a look at https://www.absorb.it/virtual-id/wiki/DownloadPage

Regards,
Rene

#49 chuzo

chuzo

Site Admin

• Admin
  • 1306 posts

Posted 20 April 2008 - 02:48 PM

QUOTE (babelrene @ Apr 20 2008, 14:40) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Chuzo will hopefully upload the locale file soon

New version uploaded now wink.gif

#50 Underpass

Underpass

eXtenZilla IT Member

• Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 20 April 2008 - 04:40 PM

I ask you to forgive me.

I did not release my translation because it has not been validated so I could not consider it finished.

I hope to have this one validated in time.

Bye

Simon
"Gold scissors cut the ribbon and set them loose. On the opening day the vibrations will shake your bones.
But I suppose it's the disadvantage of not speaking a second language." (Wire)

#51 mik

mik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 11:59 PM

Czech (cs_CZ) locales are updated and ready for testing. I just don't understand two things:
1. Why the overall counter shows 99.6% translated strings while all files are completely translated?
2. Every time I download my contents.rdf, it ends with "</RDF:RDF></RDF:RDF>", so the RDF become invalid. I repeatedly uploaded the valid version with "</RDF:RDF>" end, but nothing has changed. I'm giving up, please be careful when releasing localizations.

$ man girlfriend
No manual entry for girlfriend
The CZilla project | My l10n page

#52 babelrene

babelrene

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 05:25 PM

Hi all,

thanks for your translation work. I created a new pre-release of 0.5.3 ( http://absorb.it/software/virtual_identity...3pre8-tb+sm.xpi ) containing all translations which seemed to be ready. While doing so I found that es-ES, fr-FR and nl-NL have not translated vI_rdfDataEditor.properties file. Maybe this is a problem with babelzilla?

By now the following translations are added: "en-US", "de-DE", "fr-FR", "nl-NL", "cs-CZ", "it-IT", "es-ES". If there are no further problems with this pre-release, the final 0.5.3 will be released in the following week.

Nice regards,
Rene

#53 markh

markh

BZ Jungle Guide

• Admin
  • 4070 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 07:45 PM

QUOTE (babelrene @ May 21 2008, 17:25) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
While doing so I found that es-ES, fr-FR and nl-NL have not translated vI_rdfDataEditor.properties file. Maybe this is a problem with babelzilla?

It's our good old, highly reliable, progress meter again. It sneekingly displays 100% complete while that should be 0%... Thanks for catching it; I did not test yet so I did not see it.

#54 chuzo

chuzo

Site Admin

• Admin
  • 1306 posts

Posted 22 May 2008 - 08:40 AM

vI_rdfDataEditor.properties file updated now for the Spanish translation wink.gif

#55 babelrene

babelrene

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 09:12 AM

Hi,

just released the version 0.5.3 of the extension. You can find it as usual at https://www.absorb.it/virtual-id/wiki/DownloadPage and in a few days/weeks at https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/594 . Included are the following locales: cs-CZ de-DE en-US es-ES fr-FR it-IT nl-NL.

Thanks for all your translations, Regards, Rene

#56 babelrene

babelrene

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 05:22 PM

Hi all,

a new version of Virtual Identity is coming, and some new strings are required to translate. Here as an overview:

== v_identity.properties ==
vident.updateStorage.title=You already have a Virtual Identity stored for this recipient.
vident.updateStorage.recipient=Recipient
vident.updateStorage.currentIdentity=Given Identity
vident.updateStorage.storedIdentity=Stored Identity
vident.updateStorage.query=Do you want to store the given Identity?

vident.replaceVIdentity.title=You are already using a Virtual Identity.
vident.replaceVIdentity.recipient=Recipient
vident.replaceVIdentity.currentIdentity=Current Identity
vident.replaceVIdentity.storedIdentity=Stored Identity
vident.replaceVIdentity.query=Do you want to use the stored Identity?

vident.statusText.save.off.line1=storing of virtual Identities
vident.statusText.save.off.line2=deactivated
vident.statusText.save.ok.line1=storing virtual Identities
vident.statusText.save.ok.line2=
vident.statusText.save.base.line1=storing virtual Identities
vident.statusText.save.base.line2=(remember underlying Identity)

vident.identityData.Name=Name
vident.identityData.Address=Address
vident.identityData.SMTP=SMTP server
vident.identityData.baseID=Base Identity

== v_identity.dtd ==
<!ENTITY vident.vI_Menu.storageSave.label "save Identity while sending">
<!ENTITY vident.vI_Menu.saveBaseID.label "store underlying base Identity">
<!ENTITY vident.vI_Menu.TooltipTitle.label "Virtual Identity Status">
<!ENTITY vident.vI_Menu.TooltipChange.label "click to change">

== vI_prefDialog.dtd ==
<!ENTITY vI_prefDialog.storage.store_base_id.label "store underlying base Identity">

The new preview-version can be found at http://absorb.it/software/virtual_identity...6pre4-tb+sm.xpi ,a version without all the english replacements (containing empty strings) can be found at http://absorb.it/software/virtual_identity...cales-tb+sm.xpi . The release is scheduled around the end of August.

Thanks for your help in translating the extension, nice regards,

Rene

#57 mik

mik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 10:55 PM

Czech (cs_CZ) locales are updated and ready for release. Can anybody tell me, how can I translate those empty strings such as vident.statusText.save.ok.line2 so the WTS won't blame me for incomplete translation? rolleyes.gif

$ man girlfriend
No manual entry for girlfriend
The CZilla project | My l10n page

#58 markh

markh

BZ Jungle Guide

• Admin
  • 4070 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 07:08 AM

QUOTE (mik @ Sep 2 2008, 22:55) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Czech (cs_CZ) locales are updated and ready for release. Can anybody tell me, how can I translate those empty strings such as vident.statusText.save.ok.line2 so the WTS won't blame me for incomplete translation? rolleyes.gif

Empty strings don't need translation. Don't worry, nobody will blame you, and who cares what the WTS thinks? biggrin.gif

#59 babelrene

babelrene

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 01:35 PM

Hi,

the final preview of 0.5.6 is ready, will be released in the next days.

Included locales are "en-US", "de-DE", "nl-NL", "cs-CZ", "es-ES", "pl-PL" (polish language only if it gets completed till the release comes.)

Thank you for your translation work. If you have some further translations ("fr-FR", "it-IT"?) I will update the extension instantly and release a new version.

Nice Regards,
Rene

#60 babelrene

babelrene

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 02:16 PM

Hi,

just released the version 0.5.6 on my site and posted it on addons.mozilla.org. It contains "en-US", "de-DE", "nl-NL", "cs-CZ", "es-ES" translations. As soon as I get more translations I will include them in this release.

Thanks for your work,
Rene

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users