• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#41 urko

urko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 12:56 PM

I have tested OK and released Spanish locale replacing the < > characters in my local files (I used pspad - UTF8, the "without BOM" option is not available), but when uploading to Babelzilla and downloading the files again these characters seem to be wrong again.
¿Could you check manually the three entities when downolading the Spanish locale?:
pref_html.label
pref_rep_br.label
pref_rep_br.cap

#42 Marky Mark DE

Marky Mark DE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 02:39 PM

QUOTE (urko @ Feb 26 2012, 12:56) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have tested OK and released Spanish locale replacing the < > characters in my local files (I used pspad - UTF8, the "without BOM" option is not available), but when uploading to Babelzilla and downloading the files again these characters seem to be wrong again.
¿Could you check manually the three entities when downolading the Spanish locale?:
pref_html.label
pref_rep_br.label
pref_rep_br.cap

Done!
Thank you, i have changed this. wink.gif
Oh by the way:
I have upload today an BETA Version of my Addon with a new Abouttab and for this i need some small translations again - see topic -> page 1.
Thanks to all for your great work!

#43 markh

markh

BZ Jungle Guide

• Admin
  • 4070 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 08:16 PM

QUOTE (Marky Mark DE @ Feb 26 2012, 14:39) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh by the way:
I have upload today an BETA Version of my Addon with a new Abouttab and for this i need some small translations again - see topic -> page 1.
Thanks to all for your great work!

Thanks for the heads up. Again, you did not need to add them to every locale in English, just en-US is sufficient. With a next upload, please leave the type of update untouched when asked; the default will reset every translation status to ‘needs update’ and will send an automatic update notification to all translators. You can use this to inform your translators about a new version upload wink.gif
While the bankers all get their bonuses I’ll just get along with what I’ve got

#44 maurojs10

maurojs10

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:28 PM

I noticed the following URL is being used as the SmartTemplate4 address for all locales.

CODE
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/324497

This will present the user a page in English, even if the user language is set to other than English.

My suggestion is to replace that URL with this one:

CODE
https://addons.mozilla.org/thunderbird/addon/smarttemplate4/

This way, the user will be redirected to a proper localized version of SmartTemplate4 page on AMO.

#45 Marky Mark DE

Marky Mark DE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 09:53 AM

QUOTE (maurojs10 @ Feb 26 2012, 22:28) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I noticed the following URL is being used as the SmartTemplate4 address for all locales.

CODE
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/324497

This will present the user a page in English, even if the user language is set to other than English.

My suggestion is to replace that URL with this one:

CODE
https://addons.mozilla.org/thunderbird/addon/smarttemplate4/

This way, the user will be redirected to a proper localized version of SmartTemplate4 page on AMO.

Thank you good Idea but i have en-us and de only... in this case i have set all languages to en-us only the de directed to de...
What will happen if the use have e.g. es-ES? Will he directed to the en-US version as default?
This Info is new by this reason i ask for
but okay i have changed all URLs in my local file to
https://addons.mozilla.org/thunderbird/addon/324497/
Better now?

#46 Marky Mark DE

Marky Mark DE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 09:58 AM

QUOTE (markh @ Feb 26 2012, 20:16) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks for the heads up. Again, you did not need to add them to every locale in English, just en-US is sufficient. With a next upload, please leave the type of update untouched when asked; the default will reset every translation status to ‘needs update’ and will send an automatic update notification to all translators. You can use this to inform your translators about a new version upload wink.gif

Okay thanks for our contribution, i will hold on this instruction in the future!

#47 markh

markh

BZ Jungle Guide

• Admin
  • 4070 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:01 AM

QUOTE (Marky Mark DE @ Feb 27 2012, 09:53) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thank you good Idea but i have en-us and de only... in this case i have set all languages to en-us only the de directed to de...
What will happen if the use have e.g. es-ES? Will he directed to the en-US version as default?
This Info is new by this reason i ask for
but okay i have changed all URLs in my local file to
https://addons.mozilla.org/thunderbird/addon/324497/
Better now?

Perfect. AMO will default to en-US if the page for the user’s locale is missing. When linking to en-US, the entire site will display in English, while leaving out the locale reference will look for the user’s locale (say es-ES), display the site in es-ES, but display the add-on details in en-US. It will then look like this:

While the bankers all get their bonuses I’ll just get along with what I’ve got

#48 Marky Mark DE

Marky Mark DE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:08 PM

QUOTE (markh @ Feb 27 2012, 11:01) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Perfect. AMO will default to en-US if the page for the user’s locale is missing. When linking to en-US, the entire site will display in English, while leaving out the locale reference will look for the user’s locale (say es-ES), display the site in es-ES, but display the add-on details in en-US. It will then look like this:

ah okay good to know biggrin.gif

#49 Akilles

Akilles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 01:12 PM

Finnish translation is released in WTS. I've corrected a little typo in errors.properties, so could you update that file as well.

#50 Marky Mark DE

Marky Mark DE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 01:23 PM

QUOTE (Akilles @ Feb 28 2012, 13:12) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Finnish translation is released in WTS. I've corrected a little typo in errors.properties, so could you update that file as well.

okay thank you and especially for the note that you have checked/corrected other files too!

#51 Danilo Fortunato

Danilo Fortunato

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 09:56 PM

Hi,
I registered myself as Italian translator for this extension.
I'll manage to complete and revise the Italian translation.

#52 RealRaven

RealRaven

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 01:47 PM

We are missing completion on the following languages
  • Serbian
  • Ukrainian
  • Chinese (Taiwan)
  • Swedish
  • Czech