Advanced Member

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 05:25 PM

[b]Maintainer: [/b]RealRaven
[b]Creator: [/b]Axel Grude

[b]Ext. Version: [/b]3.8.4pre10
[b]Release date: [/b]2015-01-31
[b]Description: [/b]Quickly login and get Passwords into the clipboard. Never display them anymore!
[b]Extension is compatible to:[/b] ( [img]https://www.babelzilla.org/components/com_wts/logos/sm.png[/img] 2.19 - 2.46.*) ( [img]https://www.babelzilla.org/components/com_wts/logos/tb.png[/img] 22.0 - 47.*) ( [img]https://www.babelzilla.org/components/com_wts/logos/ff.png[/img] 22.0 - 51.*)

[b]Included locales: [/b]ar da de en-US es es-AR es-ES es-MX fr he-IL hu-HU it ja-JP lt lt-LT lv-LV nl pl pt pt-BR ru sr sv-SE tr uk-UA vi zh-CN zh-TW

[url="https://www.babelzilla.org/index.php?option=com_wts&extension=5314&type=show"]View on WTS[/url] -- [url="https://www.babelzilla.org/index.php?option=com_wts&type=downloadxpi&extension=5314"] Download the extension[/url]

Edited by RealRaven, 02 May 2017 - 08:38 PM.

#2 markh

markh

BZ Jungle Guide

• Admin
  • 4070 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 12:12 PM

welcomeani.gif with this other extension!
While the bankers all get their bonuses I’ll just get along with what I’ve got

#3 Loviny

Loviny

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 04:31 AM

After installation, I found it could not work.

When I click 'Tools > Add-ons > QuickPasswords > option', firefox pop-up an error.

CODE
XML Parsing Error: undefined entity
Location: chrome://quickpasswords/content/quickpassword_options.xul
Line Number 4, Column 1:<prefwindow id="QuickPasswords-preferences" xmlns="http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul" title="&prefwindow.title;">
^

#4 markh

markh

BZ Jungle Guide

• Admin
  • 4070 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 08:45 AM

QUOTE (Loviny @ Feb 20 2010, 04:31) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
After installation, I found it could not work.

When I click 'Tools > Add-ons > QuickPasswords > option', firefox pop-up an error.

CODE
XML Parsing Error: undefined entity
Location: chrome://quickpasswords/content/quickpassword_options.xul
Line Number 4, Column 1:<prefwindow id="QuickPasswords-preferences" xmlns="http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul" title="&prefwindow.title;">
^

Looks like you did not create a test xpi with your locale in it. Did you follow these steps?

#5 Loviny

Loviny

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 10:01 AM

Hi, First of all, Thank RealRaven and markh.

Yes, I had tested.

The previous version I installed and tested, no problem.

Yesterday, RealRaven updated the extension, so I reviewed the translation. Because the translation of documents for zh-CN had not be changed, so I installed the extension and tested it.

The result is the above. So, maybe, I think RealRaven should review it.

Thanks again.

#6 markh

markh

BZ Jungle Guide

• Admin
  • 4070 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 09:26 AM

QUOTE (Loviny @ Feb 20 2010, 10:01) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi, First of all, Thank RealRaven and markh.

Yes, I had tested.

The previous version I installed and tested, no problem.

Yesterday, RealRaven updated the extension, so I reviewed the translation. Because the translation of documents for zh-CN had not be changed, so I installed the extension and tested it.

The result is the above. So, maybe, I think RealRaven should review it.

Thanks again.

OK, I found out what the problem was: the file containing the locales was named locale.arj instead of locale.jar. Just rename it and it will work.
Meanwhile I have corrected the description reference in prefs.js, which was incorrectly stated as
CODE
pref("extensions.quickPasswords@axelg.com.description", "chrome://quickPasswords/locale/overlay.properties");
while it should be
CODE
pref("extensions.QuickPasswords@axelg.com.description", "chrome://quickPasswords/locale/overlay.properties");
(note the capital Q). I have also updated the en-US overlay.properties file to reflect the description as mentioned in install.rdf; it just said ‘description’ which was rather vague wink.gif
Complete corrected xpi available here:
Dutch locale released cool.gif

#7 Loviny

Loviny

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 08:12 AM

Thanks, I've passed the test.

Simplified Chinese released.

#8 longnh

longnh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 10:34 PM

Vietnamese language is released.

#9 Joergen

Joergen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 406 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 08:39 PM

Hi RealRaven

I am currently translating this add-on into Danish. I do have a small problem. I try to figure out what the string "Time waiting for Password Manager window [ms]" mean. Setting the value to 1 or 99999999 does not seem to make any difference.
Is the "Password Manager window" the same as the as "Password Manager" in "Automatically Close Password Manager after copying"?

Jørgen Rasmussen.

#10 RealRaven

RealRaven

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 29 June 2010 - 11:10 PM

QUOTE (Joergen @ Jun 20 2010, 20:39) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi RealRaven

I am currently translating this add-on into Danish. I do have a small problem. I try to figure out what the string "Time waiting for Password Manager window [ms]" mean. Setting the value to 1 or 99999999 does not seem to make any difference.
Is the "Password Manager window" the same as the as "Password Manager" in "Automatically Close Password Manager after copying"?

Jørgen Rasmussen.

Hi Jørgen,

it does make a difference if you look closely - this setting addresses a problem with setting the password filter when you are coming from a web page. IN theory, if you are on blog.babelzilla.org and click on the password manager button, it should pop up the Saved Password Manager and fill the "search" box with the (last two words) of the domain name, so that I get all my passwords from blog.babelzilla.org and also www.babelzilla.org. The problem was that setting the filter from code was often ignored, so I put a timer before setting the filter. If you set this to 3000 [ms] then the Search box will be filled after the delay of 3 secs (from clicking the button, not from showing the Password Manager window). Setting the time too short will result in the filter not being set. Obviously this is system dependant, so I did not hard code the value (bit of a kludge, but there you have it).

I admit I was too lazy to find a concise text for the label, it should probably be something like "Time delay before filling the Password Manager Filter Box". QuickFolders is a little bit less sloppy in that respect. Do you think I should change the label and update all Translators before the next release? Otherwise I'd like to release before the weekend as I fixed another bug that I noticed after testing the danish translation.

Axel

#11 Joergen

Joergen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 406 posts

Posted 30 June 2010 - 12:38 AM

QUOTE (RealRaven @ Jun 30 2010, 00:10) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Jørgen,

it does make a difference if you look closely - this setting addresses a problem with setting the password filter when you are coming from a web page. IN theory, if you are on blog.babelzilla.org and click on the password manager button, it should pop up the Saved Password Manager and fill the "search" box with the (last two words) of the domain name, so that I get all my passwords from blog.babelzilla.org and also www.babelzilla.org. The problem was that setting the filter from code was often ignored, so I put a timer before setting the filter. If you set this to 3000 [ms] then the Search box will be filled after the delay of 3 secs (from clicking the button, not from showing the Password Manager window). Setting the time too short will result in the filter not being set. Obviously this is system dependant, so I did not hard code the value (bit of a kludge, but there you have it).

I admit I was too lazy to find a concise text for the label, it should probably be something like "Time delay before filling the Password Manager Filter Box". QuickFolders is a little bit less sloppy in that respect. Do you think I should change the label and update all Translators before the next release? Otherwise I'd like to release before the weekend as I fixed another bug that I noticed after testing the danish translation.

Axel

Hi Axel

Now I see. I was watching the delay of the window, not the delay of populating the filter box. Yes I think you should change the string. You could also add an explanation at quickpasswords.mozdev.org.
An enhancement for a future release could be a context menu item 'Select all', for easy copying all passwords, in stead of using Ctrl+Click.

Jørgen

#12 Joergen

Joergen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 406 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 09:13 PM

Hi RealRaven

The Danish version has been updated, tested, and released.

The context menu item ' Retrieve a Password...' is not always visible. It is in this text box but not at BabelZillas index page http://www.babelzilla.org/index.php

Jørgen

#13 Lakrits

Lakrits

Daredevil Test Pilot

• Admin
  • 894 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 11:57 PM

Swedish locale (sv-SE) added and released.
"[…] och han talar med bönder på böndernas sätt
men med lärde män på latin." – Erik Axel Karlfeldt

Lakrits
BabelZilla admin
Moderator for the Swedish BabelZilla forum section

#14 hosiguma

hosiguma

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 10:34 AM

Japanese (ja-JP) added and released.

#15 RealRaven

RealRaven

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 05:34 PM

New version!

After revisiting this conversation I found that I actually had agreed to make the description for the waiting time (intMsgDelay) in the options window a little more clear. Jørgen Rasmussen had suggested this, thanks for that!

It was not so easy as it is a short label, so I also added a tooltip text. It all refers to the "Search box" at the top of the "Saved Passwords" window and how it takes the name of the current web-site, I hope it is clear enough - feel free to put it in your own words! closedeyes.gif

modified intMsgDelay.label and added intMsgDelay.label.tooltip

thanks
Axel

#16 Rancher

Rancher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 04:45 PM

Serbian (sr) locale has been released.

#17 Joergen

Joergen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 406 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 10:49 PM

Hi RealRaven

The Danish version has been updated.
The add-on always display context menu in browser no matter of the settings.

Joergen

#18 Joergen

Joergen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 406 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 09:56 PM

Hi RealRaven

The Preferences Window is too small. See image.

Joergen

Attached Files

• Attached File  QP.png   35.92KB   11 downloads

#19 RealRaven

RealRaven

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 09:02 AM

QUOTE (Joergen @ Sep 22 2011, 21:56) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi RealRaven

The Preferences Window is too small. See image.

Joergen

Hi Jørgen,

Thanks for that - the dialog is resizable, and determining the correct height is close to impossible because of different font sizes which is both Operating System and Theme - dependent. This is what it looks like on my system:

My other extensions have the same problem, not really sure what to do about it :(

Axel

#20 Joergen

Joergen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 406 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 10:04 AM

Hi Axel

I tested the add-on in a new Firefox profile. The first problem I reported "The add-on always display context menu in browser no matter of the settings." disappeared!
I can't resize the settings window on my Windows 7 pc.

Joergen

Added later: The context menu problem is caused by a conflict with the add-on 'Change Search Shortcut 0.21' https://addons.mozilla.org/da/firefox/addon...earch-shortcut/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users