Spanish (Spain) / es-ES

Greetings and Merry Christmas from Spain biggrin.gif

#42 Underpass

Underpass

eXtenZilla IT Member

• Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 05:00 PM

Ok, the translation is now released in the WTS, and here is the html help file.

Merry Christmas from it-IT (Italy) biggrin.gif

Attached Files

"Gold scissors cut the ribbon and set them loose. On the opening day the vibrations will shake your bones.
But I suppose it's the disadvantage of not speaking a second language." (Wire)

#43 whitedavidp

whitedavidp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 06:47 PM

QUOTE(markh @ Dec 24 2007, 09:22) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dutch locale updated, but I need to do some work on help.html so it will remain in Testing/QA for now. Would it make sense to convert the html file to an xhtml file and localize it? Goofy has written a short tutorial on how to do this...

Thanks Mark, that is a GREAT idea. I should have thought of this myself. I think I am a little late for this in the current release of ThunderPlunger. But I will do this for the next releases of my two addons (ThunderbirdBiff and ThunderPlunger). Thanks to you, to Goofy, and to all the amazing folks on BZ. I still cannot quite get over how great it is to work with you all. Happy holidays,

David

#44 whitedavidp

whitedavidp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 08:05 PM

QUOTE(Underpass @ Dec 23 2007, 16:40) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi David,

I tried with a new "Test" card (test@test.org) and I can confirm the deletion of the card (this time I got an "operation time out" error).

Hope I'm not spoiling your Chtistmas Holidays...

Bye smile.gif
edit:

ahem... another "side effect": I chose to show even the correct results... And ALL OF THEM GOT DELETED... surprise.gif

Holy Crap! I am so sorry about the "side effect". My testing was obviously very weak. I just found the awful error and have fixed it.

Attention Everyone: I have attached a new version of the file validateEmailAddressDialog.xul to this posting. Note that I had to change its extension as XUL files cannot be uploaded. Once installed, this fixes this problem. Download the attached .zip file extract validateEmailAddressDialog.xul, and replace the file you now have installed at [Thunderbird Profile Dir]/extensions/{bfec0750-aa6f-11db-abbd-0800200c9a66}/chrome/content/. Please accept my apologies. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

#45 Underpass

Underpass

eXtenZilla IT Member

• Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 08:09 PM

Don't even mention it!

I did my test with a "battle" profile, which I just use to localize extensions... ;)

I'm glad you fixed it... I'll try and let you know.

Bye!

Simon

edit: OK, it seems to work as expected. Merry Christmas! smile.gif
"Gold scissors cut the ribbon and set them loose. On the opening day the vibrations will shake your bones.

#46 whitedavidp

whitedavidp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 08:27 PM

QUOTE(Underpass @ Dec 24 2007, 20:09) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Don't even mention it!

I did my test with a "battle" profile, which I just use to localize extensions... ;)

I'm glad you fixed it... I'll try and let you know.

Bye!

Simon

edit: OK, it seems to work as expected. Merry Christmas! smile.gif

Thanks for the update. I was pretty worried there! Cheers!

#47 markh

markh

BZ Jungle Guide

• Admin
  • 4070 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 09:40 AM

Dutch locale updated, tested and released cool.gif

Here's the new help.html! wink.gif
While the bankers all get their bonuses I’ll just get along with what I’ve got

#48 whitedavidp

whitedavidp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 05:00 PM

QUOTE(markh @ Dec 27 2007, 09:40) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dutch locale updated, tested and released cool.gif

Here's the new help.html! wink.gif

Got it! Thanks Mark.

Please be aware that in the next release of this addon, I will be following the suggestions made earlier on this forum and will be using Goofy's tutorial for localizing the pesky help.html file. It should make this process much easier for all. I apologize to all translators for not having done this sooner. I have already completed this process for the ThunderbirdBiff help file which most of you have worked on as well. Happy holidays.

#49 Goofy

Goofy

Advanced Member

• Super Mod
  • 8437 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 08:15 PM

smile.gif Thanks for your efforts on localizing, this is much appreciated.
In case it can help, here is a version with localized help (available for en-US and fr-FR only)
(see also the same stuff about tbBiff)

Attached Files

Think Global, Make Locales!

Sometimes I am on irc://moznet/BabelZilla
but you can also drop a word in the shoutbox

#50 whitedavidp

whitedavidp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 09:47 PM

This is a reply to Nico's recent personal message. Nico, I cannot respond to your message as the BZ system says that your inbox is full. You may want to look into that. Meanwhile,

It is possible that some email addresses that are actually bad can be reported as good and vis-a-vis.
Maybe you meant vice versa ?

Yes, you are completely correct. That IS what I mean.

Thanks,

David

#51 nico@nc

nico@nc

Advanced Member

• BabelZillian Mods
  • 689 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 09:56 PM

French locale finally released, here is the help file : Attached File  help.html   12.29KB   1 downloads.
Nicolas

#52 whitedavidp

whitedavidp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 02 January 2008 - 11:07 PM

QUOTE(nico@nc @ Jan 2 2008, 21:56) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
French locale finally released, here is the help file : Attached File  help.html   12.29KB   1 downloads.

Thanks again for all, Nico!

#53 nico@nc

nico@nc

Advanced Member

• BabelZillian Mods
  • 689 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 02:42 PM

Hi,

You've added a new string to the extension: "thunderplunger.website.label", but it is not translated, excepted in English. That makes that it is impossible to open the options window when using a locale without the translated string...

Attached File  Capture_gecko.png   18.88KB   4 downloads

If you want the French translation (fr-FR) of this string: Cliquez ici pour consulter le site Web de cette extension. (Click here to see this add-on's website)
Nicolas

#54 whitedavidp

whitedavidp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 07:41 PM

QUOTE(whitedavidp @ Mar 7 2007, 21:03) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Creator: David White
Ext. Version: 1.0

Extension is compatible to:
Thunderbird: 1.5 - 2.0.0.*
Included locales: en-US es-ES fr-FR it-IT nl-NL pl-PL pt-BR
Description:

View on WTS -- Download the extension

Greetings to all of you. Thanks again for your support of my addon(s). The new version of this addon does not really add any new functionality that requires translation. I have taken this lull in my other activities, however, to try to resolve the running problem of the help.html file which (a) isn't handled well by BZ and (b) mixes markup with the text to be translated. So following Goofy's tutorial, I have done away with the help.html files that were previously stored in the locales. Instead, there is now a single help.xhtml file in the addon's content directory and it references the help.dtd files that are stored in the locales. So really, there is no new text to translate. It just needs to be moved, snippet by snippet, from the old html file into the dtd file. I hope that this will make your lives easier in the long run. Please let me know. Cheers!

#55 markh

markh

BZ Jungle Guide

• Admin
  • 4070 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 08:27 PM

FYI, here's the previous help files zipped in one archive.

While the bankers all get their bonuses I’ll just get along with what I’ve got

#56 chuzo

chuzo

Site Admin

• Admin
  • 1306 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 08:49 PM

Spanish (es-ES) locale updated in the WTS wink.gif

Spanish (Spain) / es-ES

Greetings from Spain happy.gif

#57 Underpass

Underpass

eXtenZilla IT Member

• Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 11:14 PM

Hi David and thanks for the splendid work you did

There is but a very little oddity with the strings

CODE
thunderPlunger.helpText.noteText
thunderPlunger.helpText.alsoNoteText

sometimes the first seems to already contain the colon ":" character and the other doesn't.

So if I put it after the second, the first would have two colons... Hope it is clear enough... smile.gif

Bye!

Simon

#58 whitedavidp

whitedavidp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 11:53 AM

QUOTE(Underpass @ Jan 30 2008, 23:14) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi David and thanks for the splendid work you did

There is but a very little oddity with the strings

CODE
thunderPlunger.helpText.noteText
thunderPlunger.helpText.alsoNoteText

sometimes the first seems to already contain the colon ":" character and the other doesn't.

So if I put it after the second, the first would have two colons... Hope it is clear enough... smile.gif

Bye!

Simon

Thanks, you are correct. Each should have one (and only one) colon included.

David

#59 whitedavidp

whitedavidp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 08:30 PM

QUOTE(nico@nc @ Jan 30 2008, 14:42) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi,

You've added a new string to the extension: "thunderplunger.website.label", but it is not translated, excepted in English. That makes that it is impossible to open the options window when using a locale without the translated string...

Attached File  Capture_gecko.png   18.88KB   4 downloads

If you want the French translation (fr-FR) of this string: Cliquez ici pour consulter le site Web de cette extension. (Click here to see this add-on's website)

Hi Nico and thanks for supporting my addon(s). I have gotten at least one notice related to this problem. And I want to try and figure out what happened. Can you help?

a) Do you recall which version of the addon was affected? The report I have seems to be on version 0.9.

b) If the item was in my English version, do you have any idea how it could have NOT made it into the translation?

c) Did anyone else see this issue in their translations?

Thanks,

David

#60 nico@nc

nico@nc

Advanced Member

• BabelZillian Mods
  • 689 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 08:53 PM

QUOTE(whitedavidp @ Feb 1 2008, 20:30) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
a) Do you recall which version of the addon was affected? The report I have seems to be on version 0.9.

There is still the problem on version 0.91 available on AMO: https://addons.mozilla.org/fr/thunderbird/addon/4390

QUOTE(whitedavidp @ Feb 1 2008, 20:30) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
b) If the item was in my English version, do you have any idea how it could have NOT made it into the translation?

The string is localised in the en-US addonOptions.dtd:
CODE
<!ENTITY thunderplunger.website.label "Click here to see this add-on's website">

but not in the es-ES, fr-FR, it-IT, nl-NL, pl-PL and pt-BR locales (so all the others). Just open addonOptions.dtd for all these locales, en-US one have got 17 lines, the others only 16.

And Firefox shows this gray with red text thing everywhere there should be a localised string (we've even got a sticky about it on the French Firefox support forums) which is not localised in the used locale.
Nicolas

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users