ThunderPlunger - Ver. 2.12

• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

#21 vatzec

vatzec

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 04:12 PM

Alright, Polish translation finished. I've also noticed that in chrome.manifest there's
CODE
locale      thunderplunger    nl=NL chrome/locale/nl-NL/

See the "=" between nl and NL in the third column? Isn't it supposed to be a dash?

#22 whitedavidp

whitedavidp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 04:45 PM

QUOTE(vatzec @ Nov 15 2007, 16:12) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Alright, Polish translation finished. I've also noticed that in chrome.manifest there's
CODE
locale      thunderplunger    nl=NL chrome/locale/nl-NL/

See the "=" between nl and NL in the third column? Isn't it supposed to be a dash?

Hello and thanks. I have sent a private message on your localization. Markh made me aware of my manifest screwup and I will fix it. Thanks.

I look forward to your response to my private message. Again, thanks.

Cheers!

#23 vatzec

vatzec

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 05:34 PM

QUOTE(whitedavidp @ Nov 15 2007, 15:45) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Markh made me aware of my manifest screwup and I will fix it. Thanks.

Oh, right, sorry, didn't notice that.

#24 Underpass

Underpass

eXtenZilla IT Member

• Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 11:06 AM

Hello David,

The Italian translation is released, just don't forget to change the html file with the one I attach (the WTS is not very subtle in treating html files).

Attached Files

"Gold scissors cut the ribbon and set them loose. On the opening day the vibrations will shake your bones.
But I suppose it's the disadvantage of not speaking a second language." (Wire)

#25 Wacław Jacek

Wacław Jacek

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 02:05 PM

QUOTE(Underpass @ Nov 16 2007, 11:06) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello David,

The Italian translation is released, just don't forget to change the html file with the one I attach (the WTS is not very subtle in treating html files).

Underpass, you can upload these files via the WTS! ;)

#26 whitedavidp

whitedavidp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 04:11 PM

QUOTE(Underpass @ Nov 16 2007, 11:06) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello David,

Per usual, thanks for your contribution! What a great group! David

#27 Goofy

Goofy

Advanced Member

• Super Mod
  • 8437 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 06:28 PM

QUOTE(Wacław Jacek @ Nov 16 2007, 14:05) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Underpass, you can upload these files via the WTS! ;)

closedeyes.gif No, Underpass is right, please attach your html file here otherwise teh WTS will trim it unfortunately (the upload process is ok but when downloading back your file you will see there are missing bits at the bottom, most likely)
Think Global, Make Locales!

Sometimes I am on irc://moznet/BabelZilla
but you can also drop a word in the shoutbox

#28 Wacław Jacek

Wacław Jacek

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 11:30 PM

Oh, sorry, I didn't read his post properly.

#29 whitedavidp

whitedavidp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 10:17 PM

Hello everyone and thanks for your help with my addon. I am still pretty much a newbie at the WTS so maybe you can tell me the best way to proceed with this...

I recently got some user feedback that caused me to make some minor but important changes to version 0.8 of ThunderPlunger which I recently submitted to the WTS and for which all but one active localization has already been released.

These changes only impact the help.html file (as far as localizations go). In the section related to the Remove From Address Books function, the text:

You simply right-click on any email address shown in a message's header area and choose the menu item "Remove From Address Books" that ThunderPlunger has added to the popup menu.

has been changed to:

You simply right-click on any email address link shown in a message and choose the menu item "Remove From Address Books" that ThunderPlunger has added to the popup menu.

So my question is, what is the best way to get this change propagated into the localizations? I know this must be a pain because (a) these were all just completed and (b) the WTS doesn't always handle html files with ease. But I think the change is important to have in place. Should I just re-upload version 0.8? Or should I roll the revision to 0.81 (or something like that)? I don't want to do anything that will hose-up the work already done on version 0.8.

Thanks for your suggestions and sorry for the bother.

David

#30 Goofy

Goofy

Advanced Member

• Super Mod
  • 8437 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 10:31 PM

QUOTE(whitedavidp @ Nov 18 2007, 22:17) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello everyone and thanks for your help with my addon. I am still pretty much a newbie at the WTS so maybe you can tell me the best way to proceed with this...

I recently got some user feedback that caused me to make some minor but important changes to version 0.8 of ThunderPlunger which I recently submitted to the WTS and for which all but one active localization has already been released.

These changes only impact the help.html file (as far as localizations go). In the section related to the Remove From Address Books function, the text:

You simply right-click on any email address shown in a message's header area and choose the menu item "Remove From Address Books" that ThunderPlunger has added to the popup menu.

has been changed to:

You simply right-click on any email address link shown in a message and choose the menu item "Remove From Address Books" that ThunderPlunger has added to the popup menu.

So my question is, what is the best way to get this change propagated into the localizations? I know this must be a pain because (a) these were all just completed and (b) the WTS doesn't always handle html files with ease. But I think the change is important to have in place. Should I just re-upload version 0.8? Or should I roll the revision to 0.81 (or something like that)? I don't want to do anything that will hose-up the work already done on version 0.8.

Thanks for your suggestions and sorry for the bother.

David

smile.gif If the only change for translators is this sentence in html file, the simplest thing to do is:
1. attach here below the "new" html file. Don't submit it on the WTs which unfortunately cannot handle html wihout damaging one bit at the bottom...
2. Get you list of translators in the "my extensions" page of the wts and send them a short message with a pm asking them to attach their "new" (with small sentence change) html file here on this very topic.
Think Global, Make Locales!

Sometimes I am on irc://moznet/BabelZilla
but you can also drop a word in the shoutbox

#31 whitedavidp

whitedavidp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 03:48 AM

QUOTE(Goofy @ Nov 18 2007, 22:31) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
smile.gif If the only change for translators is this sentence in html file, the simplest thing to do is:
1. attach here below the "new" html file. Don't submit it on the WTs which unfortunately cannot handle html wihout damaging one bit at the bottom...
2. Get you list of translators in the "my extensions" page of the wts and send them a short message with a pm asking them to attach their "new" (with small sentence change) html file here on this very topic.

Thanks for the direction. I will do this. David

#32 whitedavidp

whitedavidp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 03:53 AM

QUOTE(whitedavidp @ Nov 18 2007, 22:17) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

has been changed to:

Per instructions, below, I have attached the new, slightly changed help.html file for Thunderplunger 0.8. I hate to ask but I hope that all translators for this addon can make the change shown above and post their revisions here. I will get them and work them into the release. Thanks again, David

#33 markh

markh

BZ Jungle Guide

• Admin
  • 4070 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 08:30 AM

Here's the version for Dutch (nl-NL):
While the bankers all get their bonuses I’ll just get along with what I’ve got

#34 chuzo

chuzo

Site Admin

• Admin
  • 1306 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 10:32 AM

Spanish (es-ES) translation of help.html file updated in the WTS wink.gif

Greetings from Spain

#35 Underpass

Underpass

eXtenZilla IT Member

• Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 08:44 PM

Hi all,

David, I'm sorry: only today I've had enough time to read the topic entirely - I've been without home connection for more than two weeks.

I made the correction to the file as proposed in

http://www.babelzilla.org/forum/index.php?...ost&p=35303

Thank you - I hope to be more present in the future

Bye smile.gif

Simon

Attached Files

"Gold scissors cut the ribbon and set them loose. On the opening day the vibrations will shake your bones.

#36 nico@nc

nico@nc

Advanced Member

• BabelZillian Mods
  • 689 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 08:52 PM

Here is the file for the fr-FR locale.

Attached Files

Nicolas

#37 Underpass

Underpass

eXtenZilla IT Member

• Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 23 December 2007 - 11:55 AM

Hello David

First of all, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year :D

Speaking of ThunderPlunger, I noticed an odd behaviour in the new "Validate email address" function.
I will describe it:

1) create a new card with name "Foo" and email address "foo@foo.org"

2) perform the validation of the entire address book - Foo will be detected as "suspect"

3) if I choose not to delete the card and dismiss the windows by pressing the OK button (note that the checkbox is NOT selected)

then it is displayed the confirmation dialog.

4) Pressing Ok will delete the card from the address book even if it was not marked to be deleted

Thunderbird 2.0.0.9 (X11/20071031) on Linux - Debian Testing

Bye smile.gif

Simon

#38 whitedavidp

whitedavidp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 23 December 2007 - 04:10 PM

QUOTE(Underpass @ Dec 23 2007, 11:55) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello David

First of all, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year :D

Speaking of ThunderPlunger, I noticed an odd behaviour in the new "Validate email address" function.
I will describe it:

1) create a new card with name "Foo" and email address "foo@foo.org"

2) perform the validation of the entire address book - Foo will be detected as "suspect"

3) if I choose not to delete the card and dismiss the windows by pressing the OK button (note that the checkbox is NOT selected)

then it is displayed the confirmation dialog.

4) Pressing Ok will delete the card from the address book even if it was not marked to be deleted
Thunderbird 2.0.0.9 (X11/20071031) on Linux - Debian Testing
Bye smile.gif

Simon

Hi Simon and thanks for the report. I just tried this myself. I do get the confirmation dialog that should not be shown as no cards are checked. But my card does NOT get deleted. Are you SURE that your card got deleted from the address book?

David

#39 Underpass

Underpass

eXtenZilla IT Member

• Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 23 December 2007 - 04:40 PM

Hi David,

I tried with a new "Test" card (test@test.org) and I can confirm the deletion of the card (this time I got an "operation time out" error).

Hope I'm not spoiling your Chtistmas Holidays...

Bye smile.gif

edit:

ahem... another "side effect": I chose to show even the correct results... And ALL OF THEM GOT DELETED... surprise.gif

#40 markh

markh

BZ Jungle Guide

• Admin
  • 4070 posts

Posted 24 December 2007 - 09:22 AM

Dutch locale updated, but I need to do some work on help.html so it will remain in Testing/QA for now. Would it make sense to convert the html file to an xhtml file and localize it? Goofy has written a short tutorial on how to do this...
While the bankers all get their bonuses I’ll just get along with what I’ve got

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users