6 replies to this topic

#1 Goofy

Goofy

Advanced Member

• Super Mod
  • 8437 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 09:32 PM

welcomeani.gif
If you are an extension developer wishing to get translations for AMO metadata fields as mentioned on this page there are various possibilities:

* Your extension is already submitted here, you can just use your own extension topic to add a request for AMO metadata translation (example here), or use this very sub forum if you prefer to get a separate thread.

* Your extension is not yet submitted here, you are welcome to do it on this pagesmile.gif , but you can request for AMO metadata translation anyway.

1. Create a new topic here with a title of this format
[AMO] Extension Name

2. Drop a little message with details or instructions you wish and paste your en-US metadata

3. Volunteer translators will answer on the same topic and attach their language fields as a single .txt file (or paste their translation in their answer)

Note that in the future, the AMO fields replica will be fully implemented in the Web Translation System
Think Global, Make Locales!

Sometimes I am on irc://moznet/BabelZilla
but you can also drop a word in the shoutbox

#2 peteburgers

peteburgers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 09:25 AM

I've just had a thought - I'm considering adding a "fake" .properties file in the extension I submit to Babelzilla that contains the text for the AMO page. That way all of the translations can be done in one place in the WTS.

This could be extended to including help webpage content, etc.

It'll be great when this is handled in the WTS, but in the meantime what do you think?

#3 Goofy

Goofy

Advanced Member

• Super Mod
  • 8437 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 10:57 AM

Citation (peteburgers @ Jul 25 2007, 10:25) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've just had a thought - I'm considering adding a "fake" .properties file in the extension I submit to Babelzilla that contains the text for the AMO page. That way all of the translations can be done in one place in the WTS.

It'll be great when this is handled in the WTS, but in the meantime what do you think?

smile.gif Of course yes it is handy solution, just drop your sentences with a variable for each, as in usual properties files.

summary=blah blah
description=blah blah
devcomment=jjkù

Think Global, Make Locales!

Sometimes I am on irc://moznet/BabelZilla
but you can also drop a word in the shoutbox

#4 eviljeff

eviljeff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 09 August 2008 - 05:41 PM

QUOTE (peteburgers @ Jul 25 2007, 09:25) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm going to write an add-on that automates extracting the information from the properties file and copying to the AMO page. Is there any kind of standard name that's become adopted for this "fake" file?

#5 markh

markh

BZ Jungle Guide

• Admin
  • 4070 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 06:25 PM

QUOTE (eviljeff @ Aug 9 2008, 17:41) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm going to write an add-on that automates extracting the information from the properties file and copying to the AMO page. Is there any kind of standard name that's become adopted for this "fake" file?

I'm afraid not, so you're free to set the standard. How about ‘amo.properties’? wink.gif
While the bankers all get their bonuses I’ll just get along with what I’ve got

#6 eviljeff

eviljeff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 11:04 PM

QUOTE (markh @ Aug 10 2008, 18:25) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm afraid not, so you're free to set the standard. How about ‘amo.properties’? wink.gif

that was my guess too cool.gif I've specified it as a pref so it could be changed anyway.

Just need to iron out a bug and then I'll stick up version 0.1 on amo. At the moment it only has one string and thats the name of the Addon in the menu so localisation can wait till 0.2 wink.gif
Hopefully people will find it useful.

#7 eviljeff

eviljeff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 10:53 PM

QUOTE (eviljeff @ Aug 10 2008, 23:04) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that was my guess too cool.gif I've specified it as a pref so it could be changed anyway.

Just need to iron out a bug and then I'll stick up version 0.1 on amo. At the moment it only has one string and thats the name of the Addon in the menu so localisation can wait till 0.2 wink.gif
Hopefully people will find it useful.

Okay, I've got to version 0.2 and it needs some localisation. please.gif The more locales I get the better I can test the add-on with the locales! wacko.gif
http://www.babelzilla.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=4601

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users