Advanced Member

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 02:10 PM

Creator: Mike Kroger
Ext. Version: 3.0.0.3

Extension is compatible to:
Firefox: 3.0b5 - 3.0.*
Included locales: bn-IN cs-CZ da-DK de-DE el-GR en-US es-ES fi-FI fr-FR hr-HR it-IT ja-JP nl-NL pl-PL pt-BR pt-PT ru-RU sk-SK sr-RS tr-TR vi-VN zh-CN zh-TW
Description: A fairly good RSS and Atom news reader.

View on WTS -- Download the extension

Edited by mikek123, 07 November 2008 - 05:58 AM.

#2 Goofy

Goofy

Advanced Member

• Super Mod
  • 8437 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 02:21 PM

W e l c o m e on BabelZilla biggrin.gif
In case you have some curiosities about the WTS, you may find here short and simple Questions&Answers about it!

In case you're looking for some specific translator, please see the list of the available translators on BabelZilla
Selected that desired one, you may send him a P.M. or an e-mail (if and when public)
You may also insert a new Topic in the Help Section, in order to ask for specific translations, to write a general request about missing translations, etc

smile.gif I suggest you send a little invitation word to all your current translators so they can go on working for you throughout the WTS. Their are very welcome here too.
Think Global, Make Locales!

Sometimes I am on irc://moznet/BabelZilla
but you can also drop a word in the shoutbox

#3 mikek123

mikek123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 06:36 PM

Thanks Goofy smile.gif

I stumbled across Babelzilla today. I didn't really know what it was but BOY I must say, I'm really impressed with what you guys are doing here!

Quite by accident, I see that someone who did the ja-JP translation is already a translator in here smile.gif Thanks Haebaru!

I'll also post something in the Wizz forums asking the guys who did the other translations to join Babelzilla.

#4 Jacen

Jacen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 08:02 AM

Hi Mike,
the slovak translation updated and released on the WTS and welcome on BabelZilla rolleyes.gif

#5 Goofy

Goofy

Advanced Member

• Super Mod
  • 8437 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 08:14 AM

I stumbled across Babelzilla today

Wot blink.gif ? I will complain ranting2.gif to our Public Relation in charge, it is not normal that people from the extension community still discover our service by chance... [come on MatrixIsAllOver wink.gif , I am joking obviously]

#6 Luana

Luana

(Just a passionate localizer since 2004!)

• Admin
  • 3478 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 08:42 AM

QUOTE(Goofy @ Jun 9 2006, 09:14) [snapback]15634[/snapback]

Wot blink.gif ? I will complain ranting2.gif to our Public Relation in charge, it is not normal that people from the extension community still discover our service by chance... [come on MatrixIsAllOver wink.gif , I am joking obviously]

I'm glad this so funny guy stumbled across Babelzilla without me! tongue.gif laugh.gif
If he will need other (both serious and not serious) information, it will be a pleasure. cool.gif

E' meglio tacere ed essere, che dire e non essere (Ignazio, II sec. d. C)
Quod scripturae mandatur, non solum praesentibus sed futuris prodesse valeat...

#7 mikek123

mikek123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 10:20 PM

Jacen: thanks for the update and thanks for the welcome.

Goofy (and the gang smile.gif ): I'll do whatever PR work I can to push Babelzilla, because what you guys are doing here really is fantastic! Of course the fact that I didn't know about Babelzilla may somehow be related to my being brain dead (News usually catches up with me about 3 months AFTER everyone else heard about it)?

Errrmmm... Is this the right place to ask someone to update the fr-FR and de-DE locales for my extension? I've extended an invitation to the current fr-FR and de-DE translators to join Babelzilla, but in true Internet style, they seem to have fallen off the face of the planet. Oh well... Guess I'll have to hunt-'em-down!

#8 Goofy

Goofy

Advanced Member

• Super Mod
  • 8437 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 11:05 PM

smile.gif
I didn't know about Babelzilla may somehow be related to my being brain dead

[ huh.gif Lucky guy, he has a brain anyway. I don't even know what is this brain thing he his talking about... never heard of that personally.wacko.gif]

About de and fr translators, let's wait two or three days, maybe they will pop up here... Of course some other translator can do the job rather quickly, but we do prefer respecting the previous work done [and it gives us an occasion to sneer at the typos tongue.gif ]

#9 Goofy

Goofy

Advanced Member

• Super Mod
  • 8437 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 11:23 PM

smile.gif Ah one little thing.
I have given a look at the fr-FR locale and have seen you have filled the locale files with new english strings to translate. I know, it is a very good idea generally speaking, among others it avoids the locale to break the extension in case of new release. But on the WTS, there is a special feature to spot where translations are missing which is quite handy for translators : missing lines are yellow-backgrounded*. So, next time you update here, just put the new/modified strings in the en-US only and join the "old" existing locales without them.

* feel free to have a look into a translation in progress for the extension you wish to get the idea, I am too sleepy to provide a screenshot this night rolleyes.gif

#10 mikek123

mikek123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 10 June 2006 - 07:55 AM

Ah-ha! Thanks for that tip smile.gif

As a rule, whenever I add new stings to the en-US locale, I also add them (In English of course) to all the other locales, just to ensure that the distro doesn't break. From now on, I'll avoid doing that smile.gif

#11 mikek123

mikek123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 04:34 PM

Sorry guys sad.gif I've no idea if this was my fault or not, but I tried to update Wizz RSS on Babelzilla and in the middle of uploading the update, I got a server error.

When I got back onto Babelzilla, all of the Wizz RSS stuff was gone sad.gif

I got the work that AlleyKat did on the da-DK locale. I got the work that Haebaru did on the ja-JP and I got the work that Jacen did on the sk-SK locale.

Someone was 48% of the way through a pt-BR translation... Unfortunately I didn't get any of that sad.gif

#12 mikek123

mikek123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 06:44 AM

Mild weirdness with WTS: - Yesterday peguca did/re-did the entire pt-BR locale and yet WTS shows that pt-BR is only 84% complete. Any clues?

#13 Goofy

Goofy

Advanced Member

• Super Mod
  • 8437 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 07:34 AM

unsure.gif Ouch

Most likely this happened :
Our tech admin restored all previously lost locales in the database at my request, but in the meantime, peguca had worked anew.
We are very sorry for this mis-coordination.
(The best way to avoid such probs is of course : always have a locale copy of one's done translation)

#14 Jacen

Jacen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 07:56 AM

Slovak locale updated on the WTS

#15 stoneflash

stoneflash

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 01:34 AM

mikek123, you are on BabelZilla! Cool!
I've update Russian locale

#16 mikek123

mikek123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 18 June 2006 - 08:34 AM

Goofy - Yeah smile.gif I guess I should have known better, but I'm being a lot more careful now smile.gif

Jacen - Thanks! I've tested sk-SK and it's ready to go! smile.gif

stoneflash - Nice to see you on Babelzilla too! Thanks for the update on ru-RU. It has also been tested and it's ready to go! smile.gif

de-DE - Can I ask someone to update the de-DE locale for me? I have invited 0815host (The original de-DE translator) to join Babelzilla so that he can update the de-DE locale, but I haven't heard a word from him sad.gif There are 7 strings in the de-DE locale that need to be translated. If someone could do that for me, I'd really appreciate it.

#17 0815horst

0815horst

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 June 2006 - 10:10 PM

Hi Mike,

german translation is OK now biggrin.gif

I was very busy and did not check my e-mail sad.gif

Regards Horst

#18 mikek123

mikek123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 06:56 AM

QUOTE(0815horst @ Jun 18 2006, 22:10) [snapback]15993[/snapback]

Hi Mike,

german translation is OK now biggrin.gif

I was very busy and did not check my e-mail sad.gif

Regards Horst

Hey hey!!!!!!! biggrin.gif

Great! So glad to see you on Babelzilla and of course it's great that you have been able to update de-DE.

Thanks so much for taking the time! Thanks to ALL of you who have taken the time!

Thanks also to Sonickydon who has been working away, very quietly, on the el-GR locale smile.gif

There are still one or two little bugs that need fixing, and then I'll release 2.1.4 through UMO.

#19 PAGF_LINUX

PAGF_LINUX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 01:22 PM

Hello everyone,

I have just begun the translation to Spanish. As soon as it should finish it, I will communicate it.

Best Regards

Un Saludo,
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PAGF_LINUX
Madrid,
España

#20 AlleyKat

AlleyKat

[da-DK] Moderator

• BabelZillian Mods
  • 271 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 07:51 PM

Danish files has ben updated with "your own", thanks for the help Mike. smile.gif
Best regards / Med venlig hilsen,

Danish localizer AlleyKat // Finn Sørensen ::

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users