129 replies to this topic

#121 ddawson

ddawson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:23 AM

QUOTE (Grg68 @ Apr 15 2012, 14:57) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The same also applies when i change ffx's language to en-US.
Can you or someone else confirm it?

Yes, it does happen.

If yes and if you fix it, let me know if you wish what is causing this,
just for my technical curiosity and education.

It's not a bug in SPE; my investigation shows there's an error at chrome://global/content/bindings/button.xml#menu-button
I can't link to that because of Gecko security. If you want to look at that, you'll have to enter it in your address bar, and prefix it with "view-source:" (no quotes); search for a line with <binding id="menu-button"

Anyway, I better tell you a little about XBL. This allows one to specify custom XUL widgets. It's used extensively throughout Gecko applications. An XBL binding allows specifying what elements (called "anonymous content", because it has no IDs and doesn't show up in the regular DOM tree) appear wherever the binding is used and which attributes are copied to which anonymous elements from the bound element (inherited), as well as scripts to control its behavior.

In the binding for menu-buttons, the anonymous button has "accessKey" in its inherits list. But the correct name of the attribute is "accesskey" (no uppercase "K"), and since XML is case-sensitive, the anonymous button doesn't get the "accesskey" attribute like it should, though interestingly enough the key combination still activates it. I've reported this bug.

#122 Grg68

Grg68

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:09 PM

Hi Daniel,

Your theory sounds logical and i agree with it since xml is case sensitive
and in button.xml, the entry in question is "accessKey" instead of "accesskey".
However, making an experiment, i hadn't the expected result.

I just "hacked" my firefox, edit button.xml and then i repack the omni.ja but
nothing changed.. sad.gif
Can you confirm it?
I send you my edited file in case you want to check it.

Attached Files

Grg

#123 ddawson

ddawson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:44 PM

QUOTE (Grg68 @ Apr 16 2012, 14:09) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
However, making an experiment, i hadn't the expected result.

I just "hacked" my firefox, edit button.xml and then i repack the omni.ja but
nothing changed.. sad.gif
Can you confirm it?

Yes, I can confirm it does work. If you have any chrome files under the browser's installation directory, such as a copy of the tree from the archive, like I do, they will take precedence over omni.ja. Take a look at the chrome from within the browser (as I described above) to see whether your change is visible.

A better way to hack is maybe (?) to put your change as a real file and leave omni.ja unchanged.

#124 Grg68

Grg68

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:01 PM

Hi Daniel,

Still no luck in my case..
I did again the same, (edit file, repack omni.ja) but this time i verified that the
change is visible.
You can look at screenshots (magnified to 133%).
First one is in browser view and the other is in source view.

Have you an idea what is happening?

Attached File  browser_view.png   26.16KB   5 downloads
Attached File  source_view.png   19.05KB   3 downloads

Grg

#125 ddawson

ddawson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:23 PM

QUOTE (Grg68 @ Apr 17 2012, 13:01) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Daniel,

Still no luck in my case..
I did again the same, (edit file, repack omni.ja) but this time i verified that the
change is visible.

Huh. It looks like the old version of the binding is cached (or maybe specific XUL is cached??). In my main profile, DOM Inspector shows "accessKey" in the anonymous button element for a menu-button in the DOM view, but not in the XBL bindings view. Try shutting down Firefox and deleting the startupCache in your profile. I don't pretend to understand how it works (the file isn't even read if it hasn't been modified, so where is the info really cached?), but deleting it seems to do the trick. Messing around with add-on installations also seems to refresh it (I think), which is why I had no problem in the other profile where I was testing it. I guess installing a new version of Firefox has the same effect.

#126 Goofy

Goofy

Advanced Member

• Super Mod
  • 8437 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 02:43 PM

a rather technical discussion not focussing on the extension itself is now to be read and continued here http://www.babelzilla.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=7186 ;-)
Think Global, Make Locales!

Sometimes I am on irc://moznet/BabelZilla
but you can also drop a word in the shoutbox

#127 ddawson

ddawson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:31 AM

Thanks, Goofy.

#128 ddawson

ddawson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:25 PM

Other things to translate for Addons site

(This stuff used to be in the first post, but I got tired of fighting with the WTS, which overwrites the first post every time I update. So now, it's safely tucked away down here.)

If you haven't already, please also translate the following descriptions and post the translations here, or send them to me privately. Try to indicate where the links, bold, etc. are in the translated text, so I don't have to guess.

Brief:

Adds the ability to create and edit entries in the password manager.

Long:

This extension allows you to enter data into the Password Manager database instead of relying on Firefox, Thunderbird, SeaMonkey, etc., to do it, as well as making changes to existing entries. For web forms, the typical usage is as follows:
  1. Navigate to the page containing the login form.
  2. Right-click on one of its fields and select from among "Save login info" (to create a new entry), "Edit login info", and "Delete login info".
  3. If another popup appears, select the username for the entry you want to operate on.
  4. If adding a new entry, everything except the username and password should be filled in automatically. Fill in anything that is missing or incorrect.
  5. If adding or editing an entry, reload the page or return later. If the form doesn't get autofilled, most likely the page is asking the browser not to autofill it by declaring autocomplete="off". Try clicking twice on the username field and selecting from the dropdown list. There is a video demonstrating this workaround.

This add-on also adds commands to the Password Manager window, which it makes accessible through Tools > Saved Passwords as well as a toolbar button.

A short tutorial video is available.

If you need support, please email me (link on the details page, next to this description). Never use a review for this, as I have no real way of contacting you. For anything else, please see the Developer Comments near the bottom of the details page.

Optional

There are also subtitles for the tutorial and subtitles for the workaround video in case you are interested in translating those as well. As usual, please make sure text is encoded as UTF-8.

Developer comments:

Currently supported applications: Firefox, SeaMonkey, Thunderbird, and Conkeror.

If you find this add-on useful, you might find QuickPasswords useful as well. For those more stubborn sites where the Password Manager and this add-on completely fail, try iMacros for Firefox.

Logo/icon by PlastikManiac — thanks.

You can find the source code repository at GitHub. To report bugs, you may use the issue tracker there, or just use the support email link in the "About this add-on" section. Please email me for any other support requests.

Translations welcome. I have submitted this to BabelZilla, so I encourage you to use it to contribute (you'll need to register an account if you don't have one). The relevant thread is at http://www.babelzilla.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=6024 (note: this is for discussing translations, not general support; for that, see the "E-mail your question" link on this page).

Current locales:
  • bg: ExaFlop, arris, pl99
  • de: /usr/bin/tux
  • dsb: milupo
  • el: George Malamas "Grg68"
  • eo: milupo
  • es-ES: Ricardo A. Rivas
  • fi: Jiipee
  • fr: Goofy
  • hsb: milupo
  • hu: MIKES KASZMÁN István "Cashman"
  • id-ID: XCen
  • it: Leopoldo Saggin "topoldo"
  • ja: Masahiko Imanaka "mar"
  • nl: markh
  • pl: Marcin Borowczyk "MarcinB"
  • pt-BR: Edgard Dias Magalhaes "edgard.magalhaes"
  • pt-PT: Carlos Simão "lloco"
  • ru: Pyriatynskyi Vytalyi "PiVV"
  • sl-SI: Peter Klofutar "Klofutar"
  • sr: DakSrbija, Rancher
  • sv-SE: Mikael Hiort af Ornäs "Lakrits"
  • tr: Anil Kilic - www.guncem.net "ua_anil", nikneyim, omrakin
  • vi: Nguyá»…n Hoàng Long at timelinelive.blogspot.com "longnh"
  • zh-CN: Loviny, yfdyh000, Wang.H.K "whknnn"
  • zh-TW: Velociraptor

Screenshots (sorry, AMO doesn't accept localized screenshots, only localized captions; see the listing for full-size screenshots):

1. Creating a new web form login
  2. Logins for a specific form can be manipulated from the page context menu.
  3. Saved Passwords before and after installing Saved Password Editor
  4. Editing an annotated login (used for HTTP authentication, among others)
  5. Preferences/Options
  6. Clicking in the middle of the button activates the displayed command.
  7. Clicking the arrow opens a menu of available commands.
  8. "Edit" and "Clone" have also been added to the context menu.

Not accepting translations for

• Release notes for each version
  • Thank-you note for contributions (not localizable)

#129 edgard.magalhaes

edgard.magalhaes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 06:55 PM

Brazilian Portuguese pt-BR locale updated.
[[]]
Edgard

#130 ddawson

ddawson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 12:53 AM

I haven't gotten the new version up yet, because I had a computer problem that made me unable to do a whole lot for a while. That's straightened out, though, so I'm able to get it up soon.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users