BetterSearch 1.9 RC2
Posted 10 August 2005 - 07:30 PM
Author :: Carlo
Category :: Firefox
Min. Ver. :: 0.9
Max. Ver. :: 1.5
Included translations (e.g. en-US,fr-FR) :: en-US, it-IT, de-DE, ca-AD, fr-FR
Extension Ver. :: 1.9RC1
Hi, this is v1.9 RC2 of my extension BetterSearch. It's the entire extension, which I hope to be able to release soon.
I've already got language files for English, Italian (thanks Roccobot & Goofy), German, Catalan and French. I am looking for Spanish and whatever you are willing to throw my way.
If you provide a translation, please make sure to tell me the name you want to be listed under in the acknowledgment section of the BetterSearch options dialog!
Thanks in advance, if you have any question, just ask!
Updated Thu, Aug 11 2005 7:45 pm
View on WTS -- Download extension
Posted 11 August 2005 - 05:49 PM
I made the fr-FR localization
I also created another xpi file (see attached file) in which:
- I deleted mcsearchpreview.jar
- I deleted .DC_store files
- I added description localization pref in prefs.js
I noticed a line in optionsDialog.xul which should be localized:
EDIT: attached file deleted (useless now)
Posted 11 August 2005 - 06:19 PM
A few notes:
- mcsearchpreview.jar is there for a reason; that was the name of the extension up until a few months ago when I changed the name. Problem is, the jar file was named mcsearchpreview.jar back then, and when you upgrade from an old to a current version, you run into problems w/o this jar file. Sounds silly, but I haven't found another way to fix it.
- Localized description: you da man, and don't you let anyone tell you otherwise! Thanks.
- Translation of the acknowledgements: no, because that'd mean I'd have to contact all translators everytime there's a new language pack, and that's a bit too much for me...
Posted 11 August 2005 - 06:31 PM
I understand now. The update system really doesn't work fine...
Did you submit that bug on Bugzilla ?
Posted 11 August 2005 - 06:34 PM
PS: Uploaded the updated XPI (1.9RC2). (Most of) Ptit's changes are in and I've debugged the ca-AD locale (there was a ">" missing, thus throwing errors).
The locale structure hasn't changed, of course.
Posted 11 August 2005 - 08:34 PM
I noticed some bugs:
- magnifying glass doesn't appear at start
- user preferences not stored
Posted 11 August 2005 - 08:48 PM
Posted 11 August 2005 - 09:13 PM
drop-down list : not stored
Posted 12 August 2005 - 07:45 AM
Re "drop-down lists": found the culprit! Damn you, setIntPref() and getIntPref(), for having almost identical name!
Thanks for the reports.
Posted 12 August 2005 - 01:25 PM
Yes I am .
The magnifying glass doesn't appear at start, only when I load a page.
I can't reproduce the issue with a new profile. I don't know that's wrong with my 2 current profiles .
I've got no problem with Gmail Notifier statusbar icon for example.
Posted 12 August 2005 - 01:34 PM
Posted 22 August 2005 - 06:10 PM
My contribution: Spanish (es-ES) translation (by Proyecto Nave)
(Old attachment removed)
Edited by chuzo, 12 September 2005 - 07:59 PM.
Posted 22 August 2007 - 11:00 AM
<!ENTITY thumbs.source.zottmannorg "by BetterSearch.zottmann.org">
I looked on other languages and it's the same.
I translated the extension in romanian (code ro-RO, used rc3 above), I'm attaching the files here, that includes the above entity.
For my info, my name is Alexandru Szasz.
Please use the following text for the ro-RO localization of the description used on addons.mozilla.org
Vă rog să reţineţi că atunci când folosiţi BetterSearch şi urmaţi o legătură dintr-un rezultat de pe Amazon, suportaţi dezvoltarea acestei extensii dacă cumpăraţi un produs. Dacă doriţi să aflaţi mai multe despre acest comportament, este explicat în detaliu pe saitul extensiei (vedeţi FAQ).
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users