Developing Externalize extension, Dafi's extension under progress here
Sep 19 2006, 07:10
Group: Super Mod
Joined: 30-July 05
Member No.: 13
Extension Developer: Yes
Extensions: BabelZillaMenu-BabelZilla Glossary-OpenTran...
Translator for French (fr)
My OS Gnu/Linux
Translation Credits to Goofy
This new topic is dedicated to the work on Davide Ficano's Externalize extension. This very good tool was originally requested by me (see on this topic ) and I tested it successfully since May '06 on more than 45 extensions which were lacking a locale structure, a good number of them were submitted on BZ by their devs afterwards (see this topic of the moderators corner)
I also began a babelwiki page which is uncomplete and needing screenshots among others.
Good news are coming. Dafi has now some time to spare on this extension. Just to remember, I put here some kind of wishlist by order of priority (imho) :
[color=#FF0000]* trim the length of the created entities to a customized number of characters. In the current version there is manual work to limit the length to something reasonable. So the entitizing process itself is very quick and spares much time, but you have to check every file afterwards for empty strings and too long entity names.
* add the extension name (or first chars of it) at the beginning of entity names (as it is common use for most of manually created entities)
* detect empty strings from the xul files and avoid creating empty useless entities
* make the .txt files editable and customizable throughout the extension interface
* fix a kind of mess that may happen when creating the doctype line in case there already is one (a "public" one, referring to FF chrome itself)
* add an extra dialog popping when a file is processed, telling "Strings from this file are now successfully entitized, do you want to process another file ? (Y/N)" . When there are numerous files to "externalize", user has to restart the main dialog for each file, it would be quicker to leave the main dialog (file selector) open as long as there are files to process
Oct 5 2006, 13:47
Group: WTS Developer
Joined: 7-August 05
From: Palermo (Italy)
Member No.: 79
Extension Developer: Yes
Extensions: Some bonsai extensions
Translator for [No translator]
The problem is the drag&drop measureit code.
I've made a simple and innocent modification to measureit downloaded from addon.mozilla.org.
This generates the same error generated by bundle code.
Actually I can't test but probably adding a <stringbundle/> into xul file can work.
Author of the ViewSourceWith extension
|Lo-Fi Version||Time is now: 25th May 2013 - 14:01|