Tools for translators, Let's talk about the tools we use
Aug 1 2005, 21:35
Group: Super Mod
Joined: 30-July 05
Member No.: 13
Extension Developer: Yes
Extensions: BabelZillaMenu-BabelZilla Glossary-OpenTran...
Translator for French (fr)
My OS Gnu/Linux
Translation Credits to Goofy
To have a look into .xpi and .jar files, we can use tools such as :
- 7 Zip : http://www.7-zip.org/
- Izarc : http://www.izarc.org/
Some useful tools :
- PsPad : http://www.pspad.com/
- Jedit : http://www.jedit.org/
- a great number of dictionaries and glossaries ( *to be completed)
- a very interesting extension by Lid2000 : Localite
with a mod version : it allows translating entities and strings from properties files without the pain of writing the <!ENTITY> stuff. You can even choose another textfile from the previous locale you did and just have to add the missing translations. A recent but promising extension...
- 2 extensions which can help to translate via Babelfish and/or Google translate :
Translate and gTranslate
- There also is the very good Translation panel extension
more to come... just add and share your experience !
Feb 10 2006, 06:49
Group: BabelZillian Mods
Joined: 8-February 06
From: Odense, Denmark
Member No.: 665
Extension Developer: No
Translator for Danish (da)
Translation Credits to AlleyKat (nick) / Finn S. Sørensen (real name).
Member of http://mozilladanmark.dk - the danish Mozilla translation & support site.
I use the builtin file comparer in TotalCommander usually, and http://context.cx for editing mostly.
|Lo-Fi Version||Time is now: 19th June 2013 - 05:08|