daveschaefer

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 02:02 PM

Maintainer: daveschaefer
Creator:

Ext. Version: 4.4.2
Release date: 0000-00-00
Description: Connect securely to https websites and avoid man-in-the-middle attacks.
Extension is compatible to: ( 2.0 - 2.25.*) ( 3.0 - 28.*)

Included locales: de en-US es-MX fi fr nl zh-CN

View on WTS -- Download the extension

Edited by daveschaefer, 05 May 2014 - 04:56 AM.

#2 markh

markh

BZ Jungle Guide

• Admin
  • 4070 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 02:05 PM

Welcome! welcomeani.gif

Just a bit of information for you: in case you have some queries about the WTS, you can find our Wiki here!

In case you're looking for a specific translator, please see the list of available translators on BabelZilla.
When you select the desired one, you can send him/her a P.M. or an e-mail (if and when public).

You may also insert a new Topic in the Help Section, in order to ask for specific translations, to write a general request about missing translations, etc.

@daveschaefer: please use UNIX/UTF-8 as encoding. Your files are now encoded DOS/UTF-8, which may trigger all sorts of unwanted errors, and also increases the xpi’s file size wink.gif
While the bankers all get their bonuses I’ll just get along with what I’ve got

#3 Goofy

Goofy

Advanced Member

• Super Mod
  • 8437 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 01:04 PM

smile.gif also for everyone's information let us know if we have to translate both html help files since they look very similar.

Think Global, Make Locales!

Sometimes I am on irc://moznet/BabelZilla
but you can also drop a word in the shoutbox

#4 daveschaefer

daveschaefer

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 08:43 PM

Hello!

Thank you for the warm welcome and suggestions smile.gif

>please use UNIX/UTF-8 as encoding

Will do! The machine I uploaded my .xpi from was a Windows machine, so the encoding of those files may have been caused by git adjusting for the Windows platform. I will make sure they are UNIX/UTF-8 from now on.

>let us know if we have to translate both html help files since they look very similar.

Definitely not! At the very most please only translate help.html, but it is not strictly necessary. My apologies that they were both uploaded. I am planning to do a large copyedit on the help page for release 4.4. I will upload a new version once the copyedit is done.

Thanks! I will try to upload a new copy of the .xpi with the duplicate file removed and UNIX encoding.

#5 daveschaefer

daveschaefer

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 09:32 PM

Hey everyone! Thank you very much for all of your translation work smile.gif

I have uploaded a new version of Perspectives with the help file content extracted into help.dtd. You will notice there are no longer any .html files taking up space (thanks to Goofy for the suggestion!)

I have tried to move the fr and zh-CN content into help.dtd. Feel free to have a look and correct anything I got wrong.

Thanks!

#6 daveschaefer

daveschaefer

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:48 AM

Greetings translators! I am happy to announce that Perspectives 4.3.2 has been uploaded to addons.mozilla.org and is running through the queue! Soon it will be live and released through auto-update smile.gif

Thank you all very much for your fantastic work. I am excited to see our users enjoy your new translations smile.gif Perspectives 4.3.2 contains the full translations for (de), (es), (fr), and (zh-CN). Translated strings for (nl) and (fi) have also been included, but will remain hidden for now until the translation is complete.

You can see the blog post here: http://perspectives-project.org/2012/07/20...b8%ad%e5%9c%8b/

Thank you again for all of your hard work! smile.gif

#7 daveschaefer

daveschaefer

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 05:04 AM

Hey everyone!

I have just uploaded a new version of Perspectives! After some work extracting more hard-coded strings from the code we have 19 new strings. This includes text for an 'About' menu and some additional dialogs.

If you have time to translate a few strings let me know or just dive in! Your help is very much appreciated. Any strings that get translated will be included in the next release.

I have unlocked the Finnish and Dutch translations in the official Perspectives release, even though not all strings have been translated. This means that people who use those languages can at least see some parts of the extension in their own language, which is hopefully a nicer experience. Who knows - it may even encourage other people to help finish translating smile.gif

I hope you are all doing well. Have a great week! smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users