Full Version: AttachmentExtractor - Ver. 1.3.5a
BabelZilla Board > Extensions > Thunderbird
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
markh
And here's Dutch:

CODE
<h4>1.1.1</h4>
<ul>
<li>fout gerepareerd: beschadigde Japanse locale gerepareerd volgens [<a href="<?= makeurl('bugtracker','viewbug=13') ?>">deze foutmelding</a>].</li>
<li>fout gerepareerd: niet-werkend contextmenu gerepareerd volgens [<a href="<?= makeurl('bugtracker','viewbug=6') ?>">deze foutmelding</a>].</li>
</ul>
eviljeff
sorry about the timing but I put in a last minute fix because lots of people have reported the problem recently:
CODE
<li>bug fix: both AE and Thunderbrowse were using the same coding shorthand (Cc and Ci). [<a href="<?= makeurl('bugtracker','viewbug=15') ?>">bug report</a>].</li>

I've just released the update and put it in the changelog in English for now.
markh
Here you go for Dutch:

CODE
<li>fout gerepareerd: zowel AE als Thunderbrowse gebruikten dezelfde code-afkorting (Cc en Ci). [<a href="<?= makeurl('bugtracker','viewbug=15') ?>">foutrapport</a>].</li>
chuzo
And Spanish wink.gif

CODE
<li>corrección de errores: tanto AE como Thunderbrowse usaban las mismas combinaciones de teclas (Cc y Ci). [<a href="<?= makeurl('bugtracker','viewbug=15') ?>">informe de errores</a>].</li>
Flashy
Hungarian (hu-HU) translation released
a few key shortcuts are missing, they may be replaced or corrected upon user suggestions in the next version
eviljeff
uploaded new version. You'll note that there is a file for meta-data that I can use to fill in addons.mozilla.org when I submit (with the help of my other handing add-on).

p.s. the two 'deleteLinkedFile' entries at the bottom of attachmentextractor.properties arn't used yet so you can leave them out if you want.
zagadka
The PrivacyPolicy in amo.properties states "The first time you run Attachment Extractor the extension loads a window with cut down version of the changelog on my website." This probably happens because Attachment Extractor is installed, but since this happen when you start Thunderbird isn't it easier to understand for people if the loading of the window is linked to this event? Also the fact that the term run for Attachment Extractor is linked to extract messages from a set of messages might complicate the understanding for the average user.
eviljeff
QUOTE (zagadka @ Oct 5 2008, 17:17) *
The PrivacyPolicy in amo.properties states "The first time you run Attachment Extractor the extension loads a window with cut down version of the changelog on my website." This probably happens because Attachment Extractor is installed, but since this happen when you start Thunderbird isn't it easier to understand for people if the loading of the window is linked to this event? Also the fact that the term run for Attachment Extractor is linked to extract messages from a set of messages might complicate the understanding for the average user.

huh.gif Its been the privacy statement since 0.8 so I don't see the need to rewrite it really - its fairly obvious what's happened after the window pops up. Rephrase it how you think best in Danish.
Calimo
fr-FR ready but waiting for main translator approval.
zagadka
The VersionNotes in the amo.properties file looks very much like the changelog entry for the new version but the PrivacyPolicy still mentions the loading of window with a cut down version of the changelog from your website. Why is this necessary when the information is contained in the amo.properties file?

Furthermore the text mentions the rewording of some text "* change: reworded reportgen settings text to indicate that an absolute path can be used as well as a relative one." But since the content of the file is destined to undergo translation I would think that assumptions about the text are dangerous.
eviljeff
QUOTE (zagadka @ Oct 12 2008, 17:47) *
The VersionNotes in the amo.properties file looks very much like the changelog entry for the new version but the PrivacyPolicy still mentions the loading of window with a cut down version of the changelog from your website. Why is this necessary when the information is contained in the amo.properties file?
the amo.properties file will be used to generate the html which will go in the changelog on the website. The released xpi won't contain amo.properties, its a workaround for the lack of meta-data support in wts. If this changes in the future then the privacy policy will be amended.
QUOTE (zagadka @ Oct 12 2008, 17:47) *
Furthermore the text mentions the rewording of some text "* change: reworded reportgen settings text to indicate that an absolute path can be used as well as a relative one." But since the content of the file is destined to undergo translation I would think that assumptions about the text are dangerous.
I don't think its that dangerous an assumption as its a different sentence with more words! But if any localiser manages to somehow produce the same text then they can feel free to leave out that line.
zagadka
I get this error message in the console when I'm not trying to generate an error report:
Fejl: formatdatestring is not defined
Kildefil: chrome://attachmentextractor/content/aewindow.js
Linje: 1204

When I try to get an error report it goes directly to the dialog that informs the user of a completed extraction without doing anything.

When I restart Thunderbird with report generation enabled I get these two error messages in the console:
Fejl: attachmentextractor is not defined
Kildefil: chrome://attachmentextractor/content/attachmentextractor.js
Linje: 634
Fejl: aedump is not defined
Linje: 693
zagadka
I should probably add that after downgrading to version 1.1.1 everything works fine.

While the translation of version 1.2a is probably complete it's stuck in the test phase, since the extension fails so I can't verify it.
eviljeff
huh.gif I'm sure I replied to this a few days ago but the reply is gone..
QUOTE (zagadka @ Oct 13 2008, 17:12) *
I get this error message in the console when I'm not trying to generate an error report:
Fejl: formatdatestring is not defined
Linje: 1204
fixed. it only occurs when #date# is used in the filename pattern.
QUOTE (zagadka @ Oct 13 2008, 17:12) *
When I try to get an error report it goes directly to the dialog that informs the user of a completed extraction without doing anything.

When I restart Thunderbird with report generation enabled I get these two error messages in the console:
Fejl: attachmentextractor is not defined
Linje: 634
Fejl: aedump is not defined
Linje: 693

I'm not sure how either of those messages occurred but I've replaced that part of the add-on now.
markh
Dutch locale updated, tested and released cool.gif
Luana
Hi

Italian localization has been updated, tested and set as released.
BTW, during the testing phase we noticed a XUL error when we click on the following menuitem:

So, since I'm terribly curious I've looked for the origin of this behavior, and I've noticed that in the filepattern.xul file you added various entities, and those entities are missing in the en-US locale folder (and logically in the other ones)!
May you please add them so that we translators can complete our localization?
TIA
eviljeff
QUOTE (MatrixIsAllOver @ Oct 19 2008, 22:33) *
Hi

Italian localization has been updated, tested and set as released.
BTW, during the testing phase we noticed a XUL error when we click on the following menuitem:

So, since I'm terribly curious I've looked for the origin of this behavior, and I've noticed that in the filepattern.xul file you added various entities, and those entities are missing in the en-US locale folder (and logically in the other ones)!
May you please add them so that we translators can complete our localization?
TIA

what's the error? the screenshot shows a normal looking menu.
markh
QUOTE (eviljeff @ Oct 22 2008, 21:12) *
what's the error? the screenshot shows a normal looking menu.

I guess it’s clicking the menu item that will show you the error wink.gif
eviljeff
QUOTE (markh @ Oct 23 2008, 18:32) *
I guess it’s clicking the menu item that will show you the error wink.gif

Hmm huh.gif I seem to have lost some entries out of attachmentextractor-reportgen.properties and attachmentextractor.dtd at some point. They are there in earlier archives but not any more. I'm probably going to have to re-upload to wts shortly.
Jacen
Slovak locale updated and released
chuzo
Spanish (es-ES) locale updated in the WTS happy.gif

Greetings from Spain wink.gif
zagadka
I haven't had time recently to put my translation through a thorough inspection but I have found yet another error message in the console.

Right after looking briefly at the settings dialog I found this message three time in the console:
Fejl: padZeros is not defined
Linje: 1162
zagadka
Attachment Extractor 1.2a still hangs when trying to save any attached files. This time this error message shows up in the console, and I still use #date# in my filename pattern as duplicate filenames are extremely common for me and adding a date is a reliable way to distinguish between files.
Fejl: prefs is not defined
Linje: 1227

I was able to generate a report, but all it says is that the process was started gives details about the email and says that the process ended. No where in the report does it mention any attached files and there are 11 files attached to the mail I tested with.
tseitsei
Finnish locale updated. See WTS.

(Long time no see, Andrew! Nice to be back in translating business! :-) )
zagadka
In mail I tested with yesterday the first attachment was partly corrupted, it was an image and the content was mangled but the file worked perfectly in all viewers I tried. I got the sender to send me that file again and this time it came through just fine. Although I doubt that AE can mess up a file like that, it makes me wonder if the mail had a non visible problem that was part of the cause.
eviljeff
QUOTE (zagadka @ Nov 7 2008, 23:00) *
I haven't had time recently to put my translation through a thorough inspection but I have found yet another error message in the console.

Right after looking briefly at the settings dialog I found this message three time in the console:
Fejl: padZeros is not defined
Linje: 1162
thanks, fixed now.

QUOTE (zagadka @ Nov 7 2008, 23:12) *
Attachment Extractor 1.2a still hangs when trying to save any attached files. This time this error message shows up in the console, and I still use #date# in my filename pattern as duplicate filenames are extremely common for me and adding a date is a reliable way to distinguish between files.
Fejl: prefs is not defined
Linje: 1227
thanks, fixed now. Its difficult to test with every combination of options.

QUOTE (zagadka @ Nov 7 2008, 23:12) *
I was able to generate a report, but all it says is that the process was started gives details about the email and says that the process ended. No where in the report does it mention any attached files and there are 11 files attached to the mail I tested with.
That's what I would expect. The report isn't an error or debug log so would be blank if the extraction failed on an attachment.
eviljeff
QUOTE (zagadka @ Nov 8 2008, 19:22) *
In mail I tested with yesterday the first attachment was partly corrupted, it was an image and the content was mangled but the file worked perfectly in all viewers I tried. I got the sender to send me that file again and this time it came through just fine. Although I doubt that AE can mess up a file like that, it makes me wonder if the mail had a non visible problem that was part of the cause.

The only time the email would be modified would be if you had detaching/deleting attachments enabled.
eviljeff
Quick note to localisers: I can't remember which locale this was in but in one the token used in filenamepattern was translated (e.g. if was in Portuguese then #date# was changed to #data#) which doesn't work and the user notified me about it. Can I just make it clear that a word between # characters used in label should not be localised.
thanks.
eviljeff
Okay, I've released 1.2 (1.2.0.1 actually due to a code failure in the first version). The changelog for every localisation attempt hasn't worked too well because all the text is in UTF8 rather than with html characters :(
If I change the contentType to be UTF8 it breaks some earlier localised work however. Any ideas?
tseitsei
QUOTE (eviljeff @ Nov 24 2008, 02:23) *
Okay, I've released 1.2 (1.2.0.1 actually due to a code failure in the first version).

Not released at Thunderbird Add-ons page yet?

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/556
tseitsei
QUOTE (eviljeff @ Nov 24 2008, 02:23) *
Okay, I've released 1.2 (1.2.0.1 actually due to a code failure in the first version). The changelog for every localisation attempt hasn't worked too well because all the text is in UTF8 rather than with html characters :(
If I change the contentType to be UTF8 it breaks some earlier localised work however. Any ideas?

BTW, should there be some text in the highlighted text boxes of the AE filename settings dialog? See attached image:

Click to view attachment

markh
QUOTE (eviljeff @ Nov 24 2008, 00:23) *
Any ideas?

Might be stupid idea, but what about some kind of conversion script?
zagadka
It doesn't look like the #date# pattern and I are very good friends. In the attached image the field after the text "Dato/tid efter mønsteret er blevet brugt:" should contain the date/time after the pattern had been applied. In this case the pattern is "-(Y-m-d)" but the parser returns NaN for all three values.

I don't know if this is related but I found this in the error console after installation:
Fejl: redeclaration of const DAYSUFFIX
Linje: 1287

Following installation of AE 1.2.0.1 I can see that a Danish translation is included. Is this the non released but otherwise complete files from here, or an old translation that you are using again? The translation here for the new version is complete just not tested thoroughly due to previous problems so it has never progressed from the Testing state.
markh
Dutch locale updated, tested and released cool.gif
eviljeff
QUOTE (tseitsei @ Nov 23 2008, 23:29) *
Not released at Thunderbird Add-ons page yet?

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/addon/556

Hadn't gotten around to it. I normally leave a few days gap to catch any major errors.
eviljeff
QUOTE (tseitsei @ Nov 23 2008, 23:59) *
BTW, should there be some text in the highlighted text boxes of the AE filename settings dialog? See attached image:

Click to view attachment
It doesn't look like the #date# pattern and I are very good friends. In the attached image the field after the text "Dato/tid efter mønsteret er blevet brugt:" should contain the date/time after the pattern had been applied. In this case the pattern is "-(Y-m-d)" but the parser returns NaN for all three values.
yes I'd imagine that's why the screen is blank. What's in the error console?
QUOTE (tseitsei @ Nov 23 2008, 23:59) *
I don't know if this is related but I found this in the error console after installation:
Fejl: redeclaration of const DAYSUFFIX
Linje: 1287
the DAYSUFFIX error shouldn't cause any errors- I get that too
QUOTE (zagadka @ Nov 24 2008, 21:16) *
Following installation of AE 1.2.0.1 I can see that a Danish translation is included. Is this the non released but otherwise complete files from here, or an old translation that you are using again? The translation here for the new version is complete just not tested thoroughly due to previous problems so it has never progressed from the Testing state.
Its the version from WTS. I figure an unreleased but complete version is better than nothing at all.
zagadka
I tried running version 1.2.0.1 on some non important attachments, and even though the fields in the GUI looks weird a wellformed date is appended to the filename. So the settings are fine something just looks like it wrong.

I have tested most of the translation with a dummy profile (some tested on my main profile) and it is now fully updated and released.
eviljeff
QUOTE (zagadka @ Dec 2 2008, 16:49) *
I tried running version 1.2.0.1 on some non important attachments, and even though the fields in the GUI looks weird a wellformed date is appended to the filename. So the settings are fine something just looks like it wrong.

I'd still be interested in knowing about any errors in the console. The date shown in the preferences window effectively is calculated by doing this:
CODE
new Date(new Date()).toLocaleString())
The assumption being that the date function can parse a date string in a format it can generate. I've just changed the code so, assuming that is the issue, it will work now in the next version.
zagadka
QUOTE (eviljeff @ Dec 7 2008, 15:45) *
I'd still be interested in knowing about any errors in the console.

Nothing except the previously mentioned error message ever shows up in the console that can be traced back to AE.
eviljeff
1.2.1 uploaded. There are no localisation changes in this release so its just the version notes in amo.properties that has changed for everyone who kindly contributes.
zagadka
When do you plan on making a general release of 1.2.1?
markh
What exactly is the new shortcut hdr bar in Thunderbird 3? I’m not entirely sure how to translate this... unsure.gif
eviljeff
QUOTE (zagadka @ Jan 10 2009, 18:55) *
When do you plan on making a general release of 1.2.1?

I was going to do it later today. The changelog will just fall back to English if its not been localised (yet)
eviljeff
QUOTE (markh @ Jan 11 2009, 08:19) *
What exactly is the new shortcut hdr bar in Thunderbird 3? I’m not entirely sure how to translate this... unsure.gif

attached. 'shortcut hdr bar' probably isn't its proper name.
markh
QUOTE (eviljeff @ Jan 11 2009, 16:53) *
attached. 'shortcut hdr bar' probably isn't its proper name.

OK thanks. I’ll go for something along the lines of ‘message screen buttons’ for now wink.gif
eviljeff
1.2.2 uploaded - there were a few bug fixes that should have gone into 1.2.1 but didn't get into the release, plus a speed increase.

There are no localisation changes in this release so its just the version notes in amo.properties that has changed for everyone who kindly contributes.
eviljeff
1.3.0 has been uploaded.

I was going to just release a bug fix but I've added quite a few new features that I find useful so theres a few new strings to be localised.

Its basically feature complete but I'm planning to improve the detached image fixing a little before I release it to the wider web.

ops.gif I forgot to delete the old version notes in amo.properties - please replace them with up to date version notes! ops.gif

thanks biggrin.gif
eviljeff
I've added 1.3.1. There are no localisation changes other than the version notes in amo.properties, for those who contribute a localisation of that too.

the new version of WTS is broken and is saying every locale is 100% completed.
tseitsei
QUOTE (eviljeff @ May 24 2009, 16:24) *
I've added 1.3.1. There are no localisation changes other than the version notes in amo.properties, for those who contribute a localisation of that too.

Finnish locale updated.
Jacen
Slova locale updated
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.