QUOTE (sp_babel @ Jun 14 2008, 06:15)
Hi to everybody. As required in the Italian BabelZillian, I have translated all the files in the "collab" folder.
However, nearly 9% of the phrases are still missing.
After a check, they are mainly related to files in the folder "messenger".
Goofy, you have transferred the existing Italian translation of Thunderbird to Spicebird. Do you think these phrases do need to be translated, also if they do not belong to "collab", because they are missing also in Thunderbird?
Spicebird code for 0.7 is based on April 12th Mozilla code. By then Italian team did not update their translations leaving out this 9% gap. But I see that in the latest code, they have completed these translations.
Although a bit difficult, I will somehow get those finished translations to work for us. So, please don't bother with that 9% of strings. I will initiate the review process for Italian Spicebird now.
0) Please add yourself to this page http://wiki.spicebird.org/L10N:Teams
1) I will review the translations from code point view and give you comments on issues that need to be fixed.
2) Parallely, if there are not big issues, I will commit the translations to the code repository.
3) Automatic builds of Spicebird Italian 0.7pre and Italian language packs for 0.7pre will be build and uploaded to files.spicebird.org everynight. Please use them for testing and review work.
4) Please register and account at bugzilla.spicebird.org. I will create a component in the Bugzilla for Italian with default assignee as you so that Italian users/testers could report bugs.
5) If you want to manage Italian translations yourself directly to SVN code repository, please raise a bug in the Bugzilla asking for an SVN account.