Ken Barbalace EnvironmentalChemistry.comExt. Version:
This extension requires the theme "Classic Compact" v3.0.7 or higher be installed FIRST, which can be downloaded at: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3699
* Toolbar Buttons: Classic Compact 3.0 buttons (default) or Classic Compact 2.0 (FF2).
* Toolbar Arrow Style: Classic arrows (default, FF2, MC) or the new keyhole arrows (FF3)
* Background Style: Gradient backgrounds (default, MC) or flat background (FF)
* Toolbar Dividers: No dividers (default, MC) or chiseled dividers (FF)
* Border Corner Styling: Rounded corners (default), square corners, round tabs only (FF), or square scrollbars only.
* Scrollbars: Classic Compact styling (default) or OS native (FF)
* OS System Colors: Light/gray backgrounds (default) or dark/black backgrounds. This option is users of really dark operating system colors. It changes the critical black/dark glyphs to white and light hues.
* Webpage Window Border: enabled (default), disabled (MC). This turns off/on a 2 pixel think "sunken" border around the webpage pane. With this option enabled the webpage pane looks the same as other Windows apps and other window panes in Firefox. With it disabled an extra 4 pixels of vertical space is saved.
* Merge Menubar into One Button: No (default), Yes (MC). This option will merge the menubar into a single menu button such that one could then use the "customize toolbar option in Firefox to drag navigation bar buttons to the space made available on the menubar to save more vertical space.
* Tab Clip Width: integer value. This sets the maximum width tabs are allowed to be.
* Tab minimum width: integer value. This sets the minimum width a tab is allowed to be. The smaller this number is, the more tabs that will be shown before Firefox starts scrolling tabs.
* Tab Close Buttons: On all tabs (default), on active tab only, hide entirely, End of tab bar
* Open searches in new tab: No (default), yes.
OPTION NOTES (IMPORTANT):
FF, FF2 & FF3 options are the closest appearance to the default Windows Firefox theme. MC are the most compact options.
The OS System Color option does not change the background/foreground colors used by Firefox, which are still controlled by the Operating System. That option only changes the glyphs so that they are compatible with dark colors (e.g. black to white). To have dark background colors, you need to change the colors used by your operating system (e.g. desktop properties in Windows).
SOME SUGGESTED SETTING COMBINATIONS
* Most Compact: settings marked with "MC"
* Closest Firefox 2.0 Look: Settings marked with either "FF" or "FF2"
* Closest Firefox 3.0 Look: Settings marked with either "FF" or "FF3"
* My current favorite: all default except "border corner styling" which is set to "square scrollbars only"
Classic Compact Options requires the theme Classic Compact v3.0.7 or higher be installed. Classic Compact can be downloaded at: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3699Extension is compatible to:
3.0 - 3.5.*) Included locales:
de-DE en-US fr-FR ja-JP nl-NL pl-PL pt-BR ru-RU tr-TR uk-UAView on WTS
-- Download the extension