Ext. Version: 1.6.0

Extension is compatible to:
Firefox: 1.5 - 3.0b1
Thunderbird: 1.0 - 3.0a1
Nvu: 1.0 - 1.0
Flock: 0.7 - 0.7.*
Included locales: en-US
Description: see http://lingvo.org/abctajpu
Helps you type special characters for your language.
View on WTS -- Download the extension

Edited by Goofy, 21 November 2007 - 05:49 PM.
added short description and hotlinked images

#2 markh

markh

BZ Jungle Guide

• Admin
  • 4070 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 02:27 PM

Welcome! welcomeani.gif

Just a bit of information for you: in case you have some queries about the WTS, you can find short and simple Questions&Answers about it here!

In case you're looking for a specific translator, please see the list of available translators on BabelZilla.
When you select the desired one, you can send him/her a P.M. or an e-mail (if and when public).

You may also insert a new Topic in the Help Section, in order to ask for specific translations, to write a general request about missing translations, etc.
While the bankers all get their bonuses I’ll just get along with what I’ve got

#3 Goofy

Goofy

Advanced Member

• Super Mod
  • 8437 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 05:42 PM

Hi Aaron smile.gif

Would you please comment/explain this string, I am not sure about what it means.
Languages to appear in an input field context click popup menu beside the generic abcTajpu menu item

TIA smile.gif

also: tell me if you find it bad to hotlink two images from your server on top post, I remove them at once if you want.
Think Global, Make Locales!

Sometimes I am on irc://moznet/BabelZilla
but you can also drop a word in the shoutbox

#4 myahoo

myahoo

Advanced Member

• BabelZillian Mods
  • 1027 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 04:11 PM

fr-FR has been tested and approved happy.gif

QUOTE(Goofy @ Nov 21 2007, 17:42) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Would you please comment/explain this string, I am not sure about what it means.

Languages to appear in an input field context click popup menu beside the generic abcTajpu menu item

It means that when we choose any language in this list, its characters' list is added to the contextual menu, just beside the abcTajpu one. For example, for fr-FR:
Attached File  abctajpu_1.png   967bytes   3 downloads

And… what about a translation for the extension's webpage?
It's been done here, about other extensions like Update Scanner smile.gif
Firefox 3.x – « Oooh Jooon… ! »

#5 irvdel

irvdel

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 01:59 PM

Many thanks for the translations. No problem about the hot linking by the way. If anyone wants to do a translation for the extension's webpage, I'd be happy to add it. So, now the extension's translations are done, unless any other language translators are thinking of doing a translation, I plan to add the new locales into version 1.6 and submit to addons.mozilla.org.

Once again, thanks,
Aaron

#6 irvdel

irvdel

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 02:43 PM

You might also like to translate (for the addons.mozilla.org site)

1)

Type in accented letters, international characters or symbols into Firefox or Thunderbird, either simply by using a context menu (there being support for many languages), or quickly by keyboard macro (you can even define your own).

2)
Type in accented letters, international characters or symbols into Firefox or Thunderbird, either simply by using a context menu (there being support for many languages), or quickly by keyboard macro (you can even define your own). For example, the three keystrokes to compose e-circumflex are: e ^ INSERT. Or in two keystrokes as: e alt-F7.

The extension supports the CEN Multilingual European Subset, and was developed for European Language Day.

The extension can run with its default configuration, or choose languages and hot keys. To add language specific menus - from tools.abcTajpu tick the checkboxes for the languages you wish to appear in context menus, then click :-) for ok or X to cancel. Beyond that, power users can open tools.abcTajpu, and choose the radiobox for the hot key desired and suitable for your system (noting that this takes effect on newly opened windows). With a hot key setup (a function key or the insert key), you don't need to use the context menu, you can just type in an internet form for example a`INSERT to get a a-grave. (Not all hot keys will work with all systems or with all addons.) Finally, for the really keen, macros can also be defined in tools.abcTajpu -- a German speaker might choose "ss=%u00df|A[Ee]=%u00c4|ae=%u00e4|O[Ee]=%u00d6|oe=%u00f6|U[Ee]=%u00dc|ue=%u00fc" - now type (three keystrokes) AeINSERT for A umlaut.

There are fast hot keys, which can be turned off if they collide with other extensions. For example, alt-F2 for umlaut, alt-F7 for circumflex, alt-F8 for tilde, alt-F10 for acute, alt-F11 for grave.

When on a form, try alt-F1 (or shift-alt-F1) for a European keyboard. Also, control-alt-F1 to enter the hex number of any Unicode letter; and shift-control-alt-F1 to show the Unicode numbers of any selected text.

#7 raryelcsouza

raryelcsouza

Advanced Member

• BabelZillian Mods
  • 182 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 01:09 PM

Hello,

pt-BR locale added, tested and released
Raryel Costa Souza - Brazil - GNU/Linux User#458173

Free Software Song

"Join us now and share the software;
You'll be free, hackers, you'll be free.x2

Hoarders may get piles of money,
That is true, hackers, that is true.
But they cannot help their neighbors;
That's not good, hackers, that's not good.

When we have enough free software
At our call, hackers, at our call,
We'll throw out those dirty licenses
Ever more, hackers, ever more.

Join us now and share the software;
You'll be free, hackers, you'll be free.x2"

#8 Archaeopteryx

Archaeopteryx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 07:51 PM

Could please also localize the access keys in the tools sub menu?

#9 RigoNet

RigoNet

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 12:31 AM

Spanish (es-ES) locate tested and released.

wink.gif

#10 DakSrbija

DakSrbija

Advanced Member

• BabelZillian Mods
  • 422 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 10:54 PM

Serbian (sr) localization has been released.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users