Awesome Throbber - Ver. 0.9.008

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 stevee

stevee

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 03:43 PM

Creator: Aaron Pauls (Throbber Button extension)
Ext. Version: 0.9.008

Extension is compatible to:
Firefox: 2.0 - 3.0
Included locales: de-DE en-US fr-FR nl-NL pl-PL pt-BR ru-RU
Description: Clicking the throbber takes you to an address.

View on WTS -- Download the extension

Edited by stevee, 22 June 2008 - 12:59 PM.

#2 teo

teo

XUL Warrior & Layout Fakir

• BabelZillian Mods
  • 1437 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 04:44 PM

welcomeani.gif Please add localize extension description (see http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Local...n_descriptions) and
localize following strings:
Current tab
New tab (with focus)
New tab (without focus)
New window
Teo

#3 stevee

stevee

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 05:19 PM

Hi teo

I'm all new to this so please forgive my stupidity smile.gif I'll get onto Localizing the extension description and also adding those hardcoded strings right away (how could I overlook such an obvious mistake!).

I guess I just reupload my new .xpi when I have made the changes?

#4 teo

teo

• BabelZillian Mods
  • 1437 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 05:38 PM

QUOTE (stevee @ Jun 9 2008, 18:19) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I guess I just reupload my new .xpi when I have made the changes?

Don't worry.
You should correct extension and upload to BabelZilla new one. But remember - you MUST download all locales -(missing strings empty), add all initiate, finished and in progress locales to locale folder and their symbols (pl-PL) to chrome.manifest file. If you will forget about this, you lost translators. New strings should be only in the en-US locale.

Sorry, but I found next bug. Extension not recognize national characters. See attached file.

Edit: Wow! Your extension have conflict with mine installed extension. angry.gif Which one? I don't know. I have to make investigation.

Attached Files

• Attached File  th1.png   4.03KB   5 downloads

Teo

#5 stevee

stevee

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 05:55 PM

OK it looks like i have some more stuff to read and learn and do. How do I cancel this extension translation request so I don't waste anyone else's time?

#6 Goofy

Goofy

Advanced Member

• Super Mod
  • 8437 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 07:22 PM

QUOTE (stevee @ Jun 9 2008, 18:55) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OK it looks like i have some more stuff to read and learn and do. How do I cancel this extension translation request so I don't waste anyone else's time?

smile.gif don't worry, you can leave this version until you submit a new one, those things happen every time.
Think Global, Make Locales!

Sometimes I am on irc://moznet/BabelZilla
but you can also drop a word in the shoutbox

#7 stevee

stevee

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 10:29 PM

OK I think I understand... i can't update my extension on the existing project page, so I should resubmit it.. but because translations already done won't automagically get copied over from the old project to the new project, I need to download them and include them in the new version so when I upload it all the work people have done is already there and no one gets pissed off about having to retranslate stuff?

If this is so, how should I best resubmit the newer version whilst there's translations "in progress" on the language list?

EDIT: OK i resubmitted it, hopefully done everything alright. The pl-PL translation seems to have been picked up. Sorry to the guy who was doing the german translation, but it said 0% done so I updated the extension anyway.

Teo your tooltips should work now with strange characters us ignorant englishmen never come across smile.gif

EDIT2: Teo, I think that FlashGot extension clashes with this extension - the Alt+Click responses aren't recognised with FlashGot installed.
EDIT3: Giorgio Maone's put a fix in the FlashGot dev build for the ThrobberButton-Alt-click-not-working thing.

#8 teo

teo

• BabelZillian Mods
  • 1437 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 03:35 PM

@Steve,
In mine case, Awesome Throbber conflicts with MR Tech Local Install.
I like some play with XUL, and now I'm playing with Awesome Throbber XUL code. smile.gif. Today evening GMT I will end play. You will see result.smile.gif
QUOTE (stevee @ Jun 9 2008, 23:29) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Teo your tooltips should work now with strange characters us ignorant englishmen never come across smile.gif

Thanks. Now all is OK. smile.gif
Teo

#9 teo

teo

• BabelZillian Mods
  • 1437 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 10:05 PM

@Steve,
In the attached file is result mine play with XUL and css. If you have any questions about mine changes, I explain you.

Maybe you don't know, but Fx only 1 occurrence accesskey accept in the window box (window, dialog, prefwindow). E.g. character A can be used as accesskey only 1 time in the all tabs, prefpanes in the window box. This is why your accesskey not working. I removed all accesskey because 'Address' have only 5 character for use. 'Address' in the options dialog window is used 6 times.

Attached Files

Teo

#10 stevee

stevee

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 11:58 AM

Thanks for your input teo.. I'm not sure I'll go for it for this release cycle, but there's some pretty cool stuff you've done there that I might have a play with for the next update.

I'm a big fan of accessibility, so loosing the keyboard shortcuts is a bit of a blow, and the address boxes aren't nearly as wide enough (people can put java script: bookmarklets in there, or strings of piped URLs www.site1.com/article=335|www.site2.com/forum/post=22|www.site3.com and I'd like them to have more space for editing stuff.

Also the dropdown list gets cut off for the "New tab (without focus)" string. And having the address before the description is preferred since the address is the primary function and required, where as the description is optional. And you messed up my tooltip alignment smile.gif

Are the mouse icons GPL'd? (or similar?) But again, thanks for your input, certainly food for thought and something I will experiment with and learn from.

#11 teo

teo

• BabelZillian Mods
  • 1437 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 12:32 PM

QUOTE (stevee @ Jun 11 2008, 12:58) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm a big fan of accessibility, so loosing the keyboard shortcuts is a bit of a blow

You have to wait for resolve this bug by developers. E.g 'descrpition' in Polish is 'opis', how I proper match accesskey for 6 this word occurrence's?

and the address boxes aren't nearly as wide enough (people can put java script: bookmarklets in there, or strings of piped URLs www.site1.com/article=335|www.site2.com/forum/post=22|www.site3.com and I'd like them to have more space for editing stuff.

In the mine options.xul file, in line 8 you have 'minwidth=""' - input here minwidth of options window. Address box have flex attribute and will be going to window width.

Also the dropdown list gets cut off for the "New tab (without focus)" string. And having the address before the description is preferred since the address is the primary function and required, where as the description is optional.

For these elements you can adjust proper width in the awesomethrobber.css file.

And you messed up my tooltip alignment smile.gif

It was made intentionally. When one phrase is shortly then second, description going far from the function name, now is IMHO better. Please check Polish locale.

Are the mouse icons GPL'd? (or similar?) But again, thanks for your input, certainly food for thought and something I will experiment with and learn from.

These icons are mine, free for you. smile.gif

Now, next information for you. Options windows opened from Addons manager are not flexible, even you add 'flexibility' attribute.
Teo

#12 markh

markh

BZ Jungle Guide

• Admin
  • 4070 posts

Posted 17 June 2008 - 12:34 PM

Dutch locale added, tested and released cool.gif
While the bankers all get their bonuses I’ll just get along with what I’ve got

#13 stevee

stevee

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 02:09 PM

Updated to 0.9.008
No strings changed.
Please check you are credited in the fashion you require.

#14 TLemur

TLemur

[ru-RU] Moderator

• BabelZillian Mods
  • 135 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 04:07 AM

Russian is released.

#15 markh

markh

BZ Jungle Guide

• Admin
  • 4070 posts

Posted 13 July 2008 - 08:42 AM

Dutch locale updated, tested and released cool.gif
While the bankers all get their bonuses I’ll just get along with what I’ve got

#16 stevee

stevee

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 09:26 PM

Thank you all. The extension is now submitted to AMO at https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/8828 and hopefully will eventually get the stamp of approval by the mods!

#17 chuzo

chuzo

Site Admin

• Admin
  • 1306 posts

Posted 13 September 2008 - 10:32 PM

Hi stevee wink.gif

Spanish (es-ES) locale available in the WTS happy.gif

Spanish (Spain) / es-ES

by Proyecto Nave

Here is also Spanish locale for AMO page

Greetings from Spain smile.gif

Attached Files

#18 Sappa

Sappa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 12:14 AM

Hi,

Ukrainian (uk-UA) locale released.
Що маємо те маємо!

#19 Lakrits

Lakrits

Daredevil Test Pilot

• Admin
  • 894 posts

Posted 07 November 2010 - 02:06 AM

Swedish locale (sv-SE) added and released.
"[…] och han talar med bönder på böndernas sätt
men med lärde män på latin." – Erik Axel Karlfeldt

Lakrits
BabelZilla admin
Moderator for the Swedish BabelZilla forum section

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users