mxn

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 09:37 AM

Maintainer: mxn
Creator: Minh Nguyen

Ext. Version: 20080728.523b2
Release date: 2014-02-26
Description: Type fully-accented Vietnamese directly into any web page or dialog box using a standard keyboard. Translate at http://beta.babelzilla.org/projects/p/avim/
Extension is compatible to: ( Mozilla Toolkit 1.8.1 - 31.0) ( 0.4 - 0.8) ( Komodo Edit 4.0 - 8.*) ( 1.2.0 - 2.6.*) ( Songbird 0.2.5 - 2.3.*) ( 0.4a1 - 5.0b2pre) ( 2.0a1 - 31.0) ( 2.0a1 - 31.0)

Included locales: de en-US es-ES fr nl pt-BR sq-AL vi zh-CN zh-TW

View on WTS -- Download the extension

Translate and download the extension at BabelZilla Transifex

Edited by mxn, 26 February 2014 - 09:34 AM.

Minh Nguyá»…n
AVIM for Firefox • Vietnamese Dictionary

#2 markh

markh

BZ Jungle Guide

• Admin
  • 4070 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 07:54 PM

Welcome! welcomeani.gif

Just a bit of information for you: in case you have some queries about the WTS, you can find short and simple Questions&Answers about it here!

In case you're looking for a specific translator, please see the list of available translators on BabelZilla.
When you select the desired one, you can send him/her a P.M. or an e-mail (if and when public).

You may also insert a new Topic in the Help Section, in order to ask for specific translations, to write a general request about missing translations, etc.
While the bankers all get their bonuses I’ll just get along with what I’ve got

#3 markh

markh

BZ Jungle Guide

• Admin
  • 4070 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 10:21 AM

@ mxn: you updated your extension, but the description in the topic is now in Vietnamese, which might cause some translators some difficulties figuring out what the extension actually does. Could you change it to English please?

Also, please note that the WTS is not ready to handle em:localized tags yet (please read this section of the Help - Q/A)!

#4 mxn

mxn

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 04:12 AM

QUOTE (markh @ Jul 15 2008, 09:21) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
@ mxn: you updated your extension, but the description in the topic is now in Vietnamese, which might cause some translators some difficulties figuring out what the extension actually does. Could you change it to English please?

Also, please note that the WTS is not ready to handle em:localized tags yet (please read this section of the Help - Q/A)!

Yikes, I got mixed up last night and uploaded the wrong file (the released version, which contains the em:localized tags). Sorry about that.

Minh Nguyá»…n

#5 mxn

mxn

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 03:34 AM

Thanks for taking care of the duplicate entries. WTS also got the supported versions mixed up: Prism’s versions were substituted for Thunderbird’s, and the generic Toolkit versions were substituted for Songbird.
Minh Nguyá»…n

#6 mxn

mxn

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 03:42 AM

BabelZilla didn’t recognize this extension as an update of AVIM 20080728.189, for some reason. Could an admin merge the two threads as well as the two extensions on WTS? It also mistook the Traditional Chinese (zh-TW) localization for the Spanish (es) translation.
Minh Nguyá»…n

#7 Goofy

Goofy

Advanced Member

• Super Mod
  • 8437 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 07:41 AM

QUOTE (mxn @ Jan 2 2009, 03:42) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
BabelZilla didn’t recognize this extension as an update of AVIM 20080728.189, for some reason. Could an admin merge the two threads as well as the two extensions on WTS? It also mistook the Traditional Chinese (zh-TW) localization for the Spanish (es) translation.

Topics merged and previous version removed.
Reason is probably that you added various new app compatibilities that fooled a bit the WTS.

About "lost" locales: the paths listed in the chrome.manifest file are used by the WTS to detect locale subfolders. Please have a look at your chrome.manifest file and you will see 2 adjustments to make ;-) (es-ES is ok on the wts btw)

It says
locale avim en jar:chrome/avim.jar!/locale/en-US/
locale avim es jar:chrome/avim.jar!/locale/es-ES/
locale avim fr jar:chrome/avim.jar!/locale/fr-FR/
locale avim vi jar:chrome/avim.jar!/locale/vi-VN/
locale avim zh jar:chrome/avim.jar!/locale/zh-TW/
locale avim zh-CN jar:chrome/avim.jar!/locale/zh-CN/
locale avim zh-SG jar:chrome/avim.jar!/locale/zh-CN/
locale avim zh-MY jar:chrome/avim.jar!/locale/zh-CN/

Should be
locale avim en jar:chrome/avim.jar!/locale/en-US/
locale avim es jar:chrome/avim.jar!/locale/es-ES/
locale avim fr jar:chrome/avim.jar!/locale/fr-FR/
locale avim vi-VN jar:chrome/avim.jar!/locale/vi-VN/
locale avim zh-TW jar:chrome/avim.jar!/locale/zh-TW/
locale avim zh-CN jar:chrome/avim.jar!/locale/zh-CN/
locale avim zh-SG jar:chrome/avim.jar!/locale/zh-CN/
locale avim zh-MY jar:chrome/avim.jar!/locale/zh-CN/
Think Global, Make Locales!

Sometimes I am on irc://moznet/BabelZilla
but you can also drop a word in the shoutbox

#8 mxn

mxn

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 02:14 AM

Hi Goofy,

Could you please merge this extension and thread with the new version of AVIM? I followed your advice, and it looks like the change tripped up WTS again. Sorry for the repeated inconvenience.
Minh Nguyá»…n

#9 erglo

erglo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 04:54 PM

Hi,
just added German locale (de-DE) and released it.

Here's also the description from the "install.rdf" file.
CODE
<em:description>Ermöglicht eine vollständig akzentuierte vietnamesische Eingabe für jede Webseite oder jedes Eingabefeld mit einer Standard-Tastatur.</em:description>

Oh, I almost forgot to mention one thing. Could you please adjust the height somehow?
The "Show in status bar" option is not visible; at least not with German locale.

#10 mxn

mxn

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 06:27 AM

QUOTE (erglo @ Nov 17 2009, 15:54) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi,
just added German locale (de-DE) and released it.

Thanks, erglo! I’ll include it with the next release.

QUOTE (erglo @ Nov 17 2009, 15:54) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh, I almost forgot to mention one thing. Could you please adjust the height somehow?
The "Show in status bar" option is not visible; at least not with German locale.

I believe that’s actually a bug in Firefox when you have wrapped text inside a tab in a preference window. AVIM has a workaround that allows localizers to specify how many lines the Ignored Textboxes description will take up; AVIM uses that information to dynamically resize the dialog. You can either change &ignored-desc.line-count; and &ignored-instructions.line-count; yourself, or I can change it before releasing AVIM.

The workaround doesn’t actually work in some of the applications supported by AVIM. That’s a known issue, and I haven’t had the time to figure out why that happens.
Minh Nguyá»…n

#11 erglo

erglo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 10:36 PM

QUOTE (mxn @ Dec 17 2009, 14:27) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I believe that’s actually a bug in Firefox when you have wrapped text inside a tab in a preference window. AVIM has a workaround that allows localizers to specify how many lines the Ignored Textboxes description will take up; AVIM uses that information to dynamically resize the dialog. You can either change &ignored-desc.line-count; and &ignored-instructions.line-count; yourself, or I can change it before releasing AVIM.

The workaround doesn’t actually work in some of the applications supported by AVIM. That’s a known issue, and I haven’t had the time to figure out why that happens.

Ok, thanks for the answer.
Better you take care of that. I'm not that familiar with Java (yet). The corresponding string is translated anyway.

#12 erglo

erglo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 12:36 AM

Hi there,
German locale (de) has been completely updated and finally released.
The 'de-DE' version is a copy of 'de'.

Oh, I almost forgot. The description string is still shown in English. But maybe it's just because of the two de-versions.

@Admin:
Since the 'de-DE' version isn't needed any more, it would be nice if someone of the admins could erase it. - Thanks!

#13 mxn

mxn

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 08:01 AM

QUOTE (erglo @ Jul 6 2010, 23:36) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi there,
German locale (de) has been completely updated and finally released.
The 'de-DE' version is a copy of 'de'.

Oh, I almost forgot. The description string is still shown in English. But maybe it's just because of the two de-versions.

@Admin:
Since the 'de-DE' version isn't needed any more, it would be nice if someone of the admins could erase it. - Thanks!

Thanks erglo! I’ve checked in your updates, so they’ll appear in the next version. Now if the other locales catch up, I’ll be all set to release it.

I’ve also removed the de → de-DE mapping from AVIM’s build script, so de will be the localization to translate from now on, even if it continues to appear here.
Minh Nguyá»…n

#14 markh

markh

BZ Jungle Guide

• Admin
  • 4070 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 08:18 AM

QUOTE (erglo @ Jul 7 2010, 00:36) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
@Admin:

OK, done smile.gif

#15 erglo

erglo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 02:49 PM

QUOTE (mxn @ Jul 7 2010, 08:01) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks erglo! I’ve checked in your updates, so they’ll appear in the next version. Now if the other locales catch up, I’ll be all set to release it.

I’ve also removed the de → de-DE mapping from AVIM’s build script, so de will be the localization to translate from now on, even if it continues to appear here.

QUOTE (markh @ Jul 7 2010, 08:18) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OK, done smile.gif

Hey, that's great news! Thanks! (x2) biggrin.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users