Chris000001

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 12:38 AM

Maintainer: Chris000001
Creator: Chris

Ext. Version: 2.0beta7
Release date: 2011-11-26
Description: Adds Tools menu item to check Add-ons for updates. Includes toolbar icon.
Extension is compatible to: ( 3.3a1 - 15.0a1) ( 3.7a5pre - 15.0a1) ( 2.1 - 2.12a1)

Included locales: ca de en-US es-ES fr hu it ja nl pl pt-BR ru sr sv-SE tr zh-CN

View on WTS -- Download the extension

Edited by Chris000001, 06 August 2012 - 12:18 AM.

#2 Endor8

Endor8

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 07:03 PM

Hi Chris000001
German Locale is released.

I made also a locale for the install.rdf:

CODE
<localized>
         <Description>
         <locale>de-DE</locale>
         <name>Addon Update Checker</name>
         <description>Fügt dem Menü „Extras“ einen Eintrag zum Suchen nach Aktualisierungen für Add-ons hinzu und stellt außerdem eine Symbolleisten-Schaltfläche zur Verfügung.</description>
         </Description>
         </localized>

Cheers
Endor

#3 DakSrbija

DakSrbija

Advanced Member

• BabelZillian Mods
  • 422 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 03:34 PM

Serbian (sr) localization has been released.

install.rdf
CODE
<localized>
         <Description>
         <locale>sr</locale>
         <name>Addon Update Checker</name>
         <description>Проверава да ли постоје исправке додатака. Додаје дугме у траку са алаткама и ставку у мени Алатке.</description>
         </Description>
         </localized>

#4 teo

teo

XUL Warrior & Layout Fakir

• BabelZillian Mods
  • 1437 posts

Posted 31 July 2011 - 10:26 PM

@Endor8, DakSrbija
This localized method not working with Gecko 2.0, so these strings are redundant. With Gecko 2.0 working old localize description method. smile.gif. Developer should prepare this extension for localize extension description.

@Chris000001
Polish locale released, but because I'm "XUL Warrior and Layout Fakir", smile.gif I made my version of this extension. See attached images and take differences. I attached options window screenshots from your and my version in English and Polish language. Attached version have some another one improvements.
If you have any questions, please contact with me by PM.
If you decide use my improvements, you should place openUAOptions() fuction inside object for name space pollution.

Attached Files

Teo

#5 Chris000001

Chris000001

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 05:17 AM

QUOTE (teo @ Jul 31 2011, 13:26) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
@Endor8, DakSrbija
This localized method not working with Gecko 2.0, so these strings are redundant. With Gecko 2.0 working old localize description method. smile.gif. Developer should prepare this extension for localize extension description.

@Chris000001
Polish locale released, but because I'm "XUL Warrior and Layout Fakir", smile.gif I made my version of this extension. See attached images and take differences. I attached options window screenshots from your and my version in English and Polish language. Attached version have some another one improvements.
If you have any questions, please contact with me by PM.
If you decide use my improvements, you should place openUAOptions() fuction inside object for name space pollution.

The way Endor8 and DakSrbija supplied localizations seems to work (at least on Firefox 8.) On the add-ons page it shows in the localized language. The only instructions I have seen are: https://developer.mozilla.org/en/localizing...on_descriptions which only talks about Gecko 1.9 and above/below.

As for the options window. I had talked about revamping it on the mozillazine forum page. I'm going to adapt what you did. I'm going to stick with the drop down menu for hours between runs and I'm going to change the wording/placement of items from what you did a little. I'm not going to add the menu item to the icon to open the options page. I don't think most people change options that often, and if they do, they should be using my other extension Extension Options Menu smile.gif

Now for the bad news to all the translators: a lot of the strings will change and a few new ones will be added. Sorry about that.

#6 teo

teo

XUL Warrior & Layout Fakir

• BabelZillian Mods
  • 1437 posts

Posted 01 August 2011 - 08:49 PM

Version with <em:localized> method, and without menu to open the options page.

Attached Files

Teo

#7 maurojs10

maurojs10

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 06:05 PM

This is the pt-BR description for "install.rdf":

CODE
<description>Acrescenta item no menu Ferramentas para verificar atualizações. Inclui ícone para a barra de ferramentas.</description>

#8 maurojs10

maurojs10

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 06:09 PM

Suggestion for "UA.Updates" string: change "Check for updates:" to "What to check" (without colon). This way, it will match "UA.Times" string.

#9 derburunduk

derburunduk

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 August 2011 - 10:18 PM

CODE
<locale>ru</locale>
<description>Добавляет пункт в меню Инструменты и кнопку для проверки обновлений установленных дополнений.</description>

As far as I know Firefox can't update plugins automatically. Merely a link to the plugin check page is added[1]. Although the type “plugin” does exist it's “mostly used to help the UI know how to display the different types of add-on.”[2] This AUC option seems a bit misleading to me.

#10 Chris000001

Chris000001

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 07:38 AM

QUOTE (maurojs10 @ Aug 2 2011, 09:09) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Suggestion for "UA.Updates" string: change "Check for updates:" to "What to check" (without colon). This way, it will match "UA.Times" string.

I do like that. I'll change it before I release a version newer than 1.7.

@derburunduk: I they are trying to add true plugin checking. If a plugin has a updateURL, it will be checked. I'm going to leave it for now. If Mozilla gives up, I'll remove it.

#11 derburunduk

derburunduk

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 03:46 PM

AUC doesn't warn about available plugin updates in Fx 6.0b5. If you know it warns in newer versions you can add an explanation in the option dialog like this is done in the Configuration Mania extension, for example: [v] Plugins (Fx 7.0+ ... ). For now AUC plays the users false because they have checked the option and do not receiving any notification.

#12 Lakrits

Lakrits

Daredevil Test Pilot

• Admin
  • 894 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 04:07 PM

Swedish locale (sv-SE) added and released.
"[…] och han talar med bönder på böndernas sätt
men med lärde män på latin." – Erik Axel Karlfeldt

Lakrits
BabelZilla admin
Moderator for the Swedish BabelZilla forum section

#13 alfapegasi

alfapegasi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 01:26 PM

As you might be aware, "tr-TR" translations are converted to "tr". I have resigned from my earlier work on tr-TR and completed and released the new "tr" translations.

cheers,

Sinan.

#14 Chris000001

Chris000001

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 07:52 PM

QUOTE (alfapegasi @ Oct 31 2011, 04:26) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As you might be aware, "tr-TR" translations are converted to "tr". I have resigned from my earlier work on tr-TR and completed and released the new "tr" translations.

I've set tr-TR to 'resign' and it seems to have deleted it. Thanks for letting me know.

#15 derburunduk

derburunduk

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 05:31 AM

Chris,

The Russian description is lacking in the AUC 2.0b1 install.rdf file. Would you add it again, please?

#16 Chris000001

Chris000001

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 22 January 2012 - 11:03 PM

QUOTE (derburunduk @ Dec 5 2011, 20:31) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Chris,

The Russian description is lacking in the AUC 2.0b1 install.rdf file. Would you add it again, please?

I have added it back in to 2.0 beta 2.

I did not grab the latest translations for beta 2. For some reason single quotes ' are now being escaped \' but that doesn't work. The backslashes are shown. I'll grab them when that WTS bug is fixed.

#17 Chris000001

Chris000001

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 12:50 AM

Until WTS fixes escaping characters that don't need it, I won't be able to use any of these translations, but I need to put out updates to fix bugs so I will be using the current translations.

#18 Goofy

Goofy

Advanced Member

• Super Mod
  • 8437 posts

Posted 09 April 2012 - 06:33 AM

QUOTE (Chris000001 @ Apr 9 2012, 01:50) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Until WTS fixes escaping characters that don't need it, I won't be able to use any of these translations, but I need to put out updates to fix bugs so I will be using the current translations.

FYI I removed unwanted escaping chars from the fr locale and checked downloading it, you can use it for release. The bug is fixed (unless there is evidence it is not?) but there are remaining escaping chars from previous versions, which explains why they are still visible in en-US and mirrored in every locale unfortunately.

Think Global, Make Locales!

Sometimes I am on irc://moznet/BabelZilla
but you can also drop a word in the shoutbox

#19 Chris000001

Chris000001

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 12:32 AM

QUOTE (Goofy @ Apr 8 2012, 22:33) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
FYI I removed unwanted escaping chars from the fr locale and checked downloading it, you can use it for release. The bug is fixed (unless there is evidence it is not?) but there are remaining escaping chars from previous versions, which explains why they are still visible in en-US and mirrored in every locale unfortunately.
I guess I should have tried that myself. I assumed When it was fixed, the extra slashes would be removed. I will try to get to fixing the original and pushing out a notice for everyone else to fix theirs too.

Thanks.

#20 WonderCsabo

WonderCsabo

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 04:26 PM

Hi!

Hungarian translation added and released.

CODE
<description>Egy menüpontot hoz létre az Eszközök menüben, mellyel a kiegészítőket lehet frissíteni. Rendelkezik eszköztár ikonnal.</description>

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users