316 replies to this topic

#301 alfapegasi

alfapegasi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 07:03 PM

Turkish locale is released.

Since time was limited, I couldn't double check all the strings. However, I could revisit and fine tune after your release.

At least there is a complete TR locale now. ;)

PS: As I mentioned in my reply to your message sent to TR community; if you assign me as the language team leader then I could simplify the teams according to their performance in your add-on and/or babelzilla.

cheers,

Sinan.

#302 MaierMan

MaierMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 07:35 PM

I added the "tr" locale... it should be in the next nightly a couple of hours from now

#303 Cye3s

Cye3s

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 04:47 AM

3.0.1 is released on AMO, but only with en-US?

#304 MaierMan

MaierMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 04:55 AM

yes, that was a mistake tho... because I was hurried and only ever noticed now... So 3.0.2 it is

#305 MaierMan

MaierMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 05:12 AM

Some general notes after 3.0.2 fixes my earlier mistake:

• If you want to fix typos or other things in your locale, do so. I will refresh locales with each point release.
  • If you want to finish existing locales or create entirely new locales, please do so too. I will include new locales in point releases, and/or I will do point releases just for locales.
  • If you find some grave error in your locale (not just a small typo) that affects DownThemAll! from working, please get in touch with me, so we can address this issue and do a point release.
  • There were requests from some localizers/teams to consolidate the teams and/or set new leaders. And there are open issues such as e.g. the gl/gl-ES, both or which? Now that v3 is out, we can tackle this. For some reason babelzilla currently does not let me edit teams, tho, but I am sure that can be fixed
  • I expect the locales to stay "frozen" for the 3.0.x branch, i.e. non-modifiable, so you shouldn't be worried about strings changing suddenly for the forseeable future.
  • Even when we do an eventual 3.1 in a couple of months, I expect not many string changes, so translating stuff now is still worthwhile

#306 MaierMan

MaierMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 05:15 AM

also, yay, Noitidart reviewed 3.0.2 already

#307 Noitidart

Noitidart

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 06:14 AM

also, yay, Noitidart reviewed 3.0.2 already

:biggrin:

#308 MunD45

MunD45

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 September 2016 - 12:43 AM

Hi, the new DownThemAll! v3.0.5 has the Italian Language?

#309 MaierMan

MaierMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 03:43 AM

Added es-ES and zh-TW to our repository. Those will be in the next release

#310 elgaton

elgaton

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 07:12 AM

Hi, the new DownThemAll! v3.0.5 has the Italian Language?

No (the translation was not fully up to date). I've completed it.

#311 Phoenix

Phoenix

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 November 2016 - 10:51 PM

Hi, I'm having trouble using the localized build. The preferences window only contains a XML parse error message and the manager window is blank. The DownThemAll! option in the toolbar produces two windows with XML parse error messages.

#312 kuroi

kuroi

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 November 2016 - 08:25 AM

I've finished pt-br translation, but I couldn't test it properly, for having same issues as Phoenix described above.

I installed the add-on on Firefox Developer Edition 52.0a2, but windows opened blank or with xml error.

Is this problem fixable?

Is it ok to set it as released in these conditions?

#313 kuroi

kuroi

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 07:21 AM

Okay, this xml error seems to be a bug from babelzilla when packing the locale.

I've been able to make it work by following the instructions below, pt-BR is now released.

As for the pref window XML Parsing Error: I noticed this to occur sometimes for non-English locales when installing a localized build from BZ (also for other add-ons), which may be related to missing or unfound manifest info. (?) A workaround may be to use the "work version" (dta_babel_1.xpi in this case) instead and replace the localized files in there before or even after installing.

#314 Phoenix

Phoenix

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 10:50 PM

Okay, this xml error seems to be a bug from babelzilla when packing the locale.

I've been able to make it work by following the instructions below, pt-BR is now released.

It works now. Thanks!

#315 Tonnes

Tonnes

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 06:02 PM

I know it can be a bit of a consuming task, but would it be possible to update the AMO text (using the amo.*.* strings)? Currently they're still old ones, and not a very nice "business card" for my locale.

#316 panos78

panos78

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 November 2017 - 11:39 PM

​Just finished, reviewed kai released the Greek locale!

​Hope to see it on the next release.

​:-)

One thing I know, I know nothing

#317 MaierMan

MaierMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 28 August 2019 - 01:56 AM

You may or may not have heard about the DownThemAll! 4 - WebExtension Edition beta I am currently doing.

I released a "lite" WebExtension version of DownThemAll!. See https://www.downthemall.org/

The WebExtension is localizable, but I don't think babelzilla supports such translations.

So if you'd like to contribute a translation nonetheless, have a look at our translation guide at: https://github.com/downthemall/downthemall/blob/master/_locales/Readme.md

Essentially I set up a small self-contained, no-registration-required website somewhat similar to a very basic WTS where you can translate stuff. If you use that one, make generous use of the Download button in case it is buggy and loses some of your work. Of course, you can use your favorite text editor instead, as well.

The translations can be directly loaded into a running version of the extension including the latest signed beta release (but the beta had some stuff not translated yet, so some things might not show up as translated in there, even tho the strings are there).

Right now we have the en and de locales already, with a pl and a fr locale forthcoming.

If you have any questions or get stuck on something, let me know, either here, or in a github issue (I will probably check the latter more often).

Thanks for your help in advance!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users