Photo

Duplicate Tab - Ver. 1.0a1

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#21 marcioams

marcioams

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Translator for Portuguese (pt-BR / Brazilian)
  • Extension Developer: No

Posted 02 December 2005 - 05:51 PM

Thank you Victory.

I'm also new to Firefox extensions packaging, so your web site was essential for me to test the translation. I've done some small translation changes.

pt-BR translation is ready!

Marcio

#22 damian

damian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • Translator for Polish (pl)

Posted 02 December 2005 - 07:44 PM

i have problem with polish version ;(
i've changed it at www via Firefox but after few changes and updates i saw parser error at bottom of Firefox at duplikcatab.dtd
i don't know what's wrong because i use ut-8 so all shoud be fine, so i'm not sure if i can keep on ;(
firefox sent wrong code, duplicate tab has errors or some character is forbidden (shoudn't be)?

i attach polish packet

____
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; pl; rv:1.8) Gecko/20051111 Firefox/1.5

Attached Files

Damian Szczepanik

#23 Goofy

Goofy

Advanced Member

• Super Mod
  • 8,435 posts

• Translator for French (fr)
  • Extension Developer: Yes
  • Extensions: BabelZillaMenu-BabelZilla Glossary-OpenTran...
  • Translation Credits to Goofy
  • My OS Gnu/Linux

Posted 02 December 2005 - 08:50 PM

Hello Damian smile.gif

I think the embedded quotation marks in these lines from the .dtd file may be responsible for the problem :

CODE
<!ENTITY duptab.contextmenu.nosubmenu-showtab.checkbox.label "Pokaz "Do nowej karty" w menu podrecznym">
<!ENTITY duptab.contextmenu.nosubmenu-showwindow.checkbox.label "Pokaz "Do nowego okna" w menu podrecznym">
<!ENTITY duptab.contextmenu.nosubmenu-showmerge.checkbox.label "Pokaz "Scalaj okna" w menu podrecznym">

You should replace the embedded ones by &quot; or even by the simple 'character.

CODE
<!ENTITY duptab.contextmenu.nosubmenu-showtab.checkbox.label "Pokaz 'Do nowej karty' w menu podrecznym">
<!ENTITY duptab.contextmenu.nosubmenu-showwindow.checkbox.label "Pokaz 'Do nowego okna' w menu podrecznym">
<!ENTITY duptab.contextmenu.nosubmenu-showmerge.checkbox.label "Pokaz 'Scalaj okna' w menu podrecznym">

Think Global, Make Locales!

Sometimes I am on irc://moznet/BabelZilla
but you can also drop a word in the shoutbox

#24 damian

damian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 11:22 AM

i had this problem today with another extension and fixed this problem - thank you wink.gif

so polish version is ready wink.gif
Damian Szczepanik

#25 ReinekeFux

ReinekeFux

Advanced Member

• BabelZillian Mods
  • 155 posts

• Translator for German (de)
  • Translation Credits to o.roth (ReinekeFux) von BabelZilla.org

Posted 03 December 2005 - 12:17 PM

Hi Twanno,

I've added the updated German locale to the WTS.
Regards, Oliver

ReinekeFux is a member of Team erweiterungen.de

#26 Twanno

Twanno

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Translator for [No translator]

Posted 16 December 2005 - 03:39 PM

Thanks all for the translations.

I've just released Duplicate Tab 0.7 at my home page. I hope it will be available soon at addons.mozilla.org.

I have two questions (to an admin / moderator):

Should I post Duplicate Tab 0.7 at WTS? Nothing has changed since 0.7b3, regarding localizable strings. When I post it, will all translators not get a message that they need to update their translations, when they don't have to?

I found that there apparently is no way to modify the contents.rdf files for the localisations on WTS. And they won't be updated automatically either.
For instance in the pt-BR localized version of contents.rdf all values include en-US instead of pt-BR.

Is there any way the contents.rdf files can be adjusted in the WTS, manually or automatically?

Regards,
Twanno

#27 Fenian

Fenian

Spiteful Tech Admin

• Admin
  • 4,427 posts

• Translator for German (de)
  • My OS Gnu/Linux

Posted 19 December 2005 - 11:53 PM

QUOTE(Twanno @ Dec 16 2005, 15:39)
When I post it, will all translators not get a message that they need to update their translations, when they don't have to?

Yes, the translators will get a message.
I think that in the next release the developer will have the choice to send the message or not.
I found that there apparently is no way to modify the contents.rdf files for the localisations on WTS. And they won't be updated automatically either.
For instance in the pt-BR localized version of contents.rdf all values include en-US instead of pt-BR.

Is there any way the contents.rdf files can be adjusted in the WTS, manually or automatically?

Regards,
Twanno

View Post

The only way to change contents.rdf is to upload it, sorry.
I know that this is not the best solution, but we're planning to create such files automatically.
"I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by."
-- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)
Unwarranted government surveillance is an intrusion on basic human rights that threatens the very foundations of a democratic society.
-- Tim Berners Lee

#28 Slovak_Team

Slovak_Team

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 86 posts

• Translator for Slovak (sk-SK)

Posted 08 January 2006 - 01:37 AM

sk-SK locale on WTS

#29 damian

damian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 19 February 2006 - 09:21 AM

Hi, I have bug (v0.7)

I think, that it can be some conflict, because this extension (the same version) works fine in test profile, there I have only few extensions.

The problem is, that I don't see merge bar and can't switch off bars in main contexxt menu - see screenshot
okna = window
karty = card

I don't see merge sad.gif
I can switch off bars at main menu in MenuEditor but I still don't have merge

Mayby it would be helpful if I add stored setting, but please tell me where I can find it...

Attached Files

• Attached File  tytu.PNG   3.01KB   24 downloads

Damian Szczepanik

#30 Twanno

Twanno

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 12:25 AM

QUOTE(damian @ Feb 19 2006, 10:21)
Hi, I have bug  (v0.7)

I think, that it can be some conflict, because this extension (the same version) works fine in test profile, there I have only few extensions.

The problem is, that I don't see merge bar and can't switch off bars in main contexxt menu - see screenshot
okna = window
karty = card

I don't see merge sad.gif
I can switch off bars at main menu in MenuEditor but I still don't have merge

Mayby it would be helpful if I add stored setting, but please tell me where I can find it...

View Post

Hi

Can you post any errors showing up in the Javascript Console (Tools -> Javascript Console) saying anything about duplicate tab?
If you don't see any errors, you'll have to set the following options to true in about:config:
"javascript.options.showInConsole"
"javascript.options.strict"

The stored settings are located in a file called prefs.js in your profile folder
You will have to look for settings beginning with "duplicatetab", like user_pref("duplicatetab.merge.mergePopups", false);

Would you like to test which extension could be conflicting (if that is what is happening) by disabling the other extensions one by one?

Thanks,
Twanno

#31 damian

damian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 20 February 2006 - 08:31 PM

QUOTE(Twanno @ Feb 20 2006, 00:25)

Would you like to test which extension could be conflicting (if that is what is happening) by disabling the other extensions one by one?

Yes, could be one CuteMenus - Crystal SVG v. 0.9.9.67 (I've just downloaded 68 - the same effect)

What I did was to click right mouse button, open duplicate tab sub-menu and mouseover first tab (new card). Result is in attachment:

Ok, let me know where the problem is. When I switched off CuteMenu I still don't see merge bar - so let me know if you need more details, I will deliver them wink.gif

Attached Files

• Attached File  ddd.PNG   13.65KB   23 downloads

Damian Szczepanik

#32 damian

damian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 10:36 AM

ok, now it's fine ( I see merge bar in submenu and don't see bars in main menu), so maybe next build of CuteMenu fixed it... wink.gif
Damian Szczepanik

#33 damian

damian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 25 February 2006 - 07:07 PM

I've just found page, that is very not user-friendly and new little future in DuplicateTab will solve it - so let me ask for it, if You don't mind wink.gif

Sometimes threre is flash with many links and it's impossible to open them in new cards (windows). Now I have to open link, watch and go back, open next, and again, again
I can also use n-times duplicate tab and then open every link one by one. If flash has animation like intro it takes times and make me nerwous huh.gif

What I'm thinking is to add new future: clone tab n-times - then I have flash in each card and can open links one by one. I don't have idea how about 'n' but it should be some predefined values like in ReloadEvery
Damian Szczepanik

#34 Twanno

Twanno

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 12:28 AM

QUOTE(damian @ Feb 20 2006, 21:31)
Ok, let me know where the problem is. When I switched off CuteMenu I still don't see merge bar - so let me know if you need more details, I will deliver them

Sorry that I did not reply earlier, just today I got a reply notification to this thread.
QUOTE(damian @ Feb 22 2006, 11:36)
so maybe next build of CuteMenu fixed it...

I'm glad the problem is solved now, nonetheless I've seen reports with the same errors before but with different conflicting extensions. So I will try to find out how these problems arise and maybe it can be prevented in the future.
QUOTE(damian @ Feb 25 2006, 20:07)
Sometimes threre is flash with many links and it's impossible to open them in new cards (windows). Now I have to open link, watch and go back, open next, and again, again
I can also use n-times duplicate tab and then open every link one by one. If flash has animation like intro it takes times and make me nerwous  huh.gif

What I'm thinking is to add new future: clone tab n-times - then I have flash in each card and can open links one by one. I don't have idea how about 'n' but it should be some predefined values like in ReloadEvery

Maybe an even better solution would be an extension that overlays flash and makes links available to open in a new tab or a new window. I don't know if that is possible however, but if it isn't an option like you suggested is probably a good solution indeed.
I will look into this.

Thanks,
Twanno

#35 Quicksilver tears

Quicksilver tears

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 76 posts

• Translator for Russian
  • Translation Credits to Quicksilver tears
  • My OS Gnu/Linux

Posted 03 April 2006 - 08:59 PM

russian translation released in the WTS.

#36 Twanno

Twanno

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 01:53 PM

QUOTE(Quicksilver tears @ Apr 3 2006, 21:59)
russian translation released in the WTS.

View Post

Thanks,
Will release new version with Russian locale added soon cool.gif

Twanno

#37 acushnir

acushnir

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 102 posts
  • Translator for Spanish (es-AR / Argentina)

Posted 28 April 2006 - 03:48 PM

es-AR is ready in WTS.

Regards

#38 Twanno

Twanno

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 01 May 2006 - 01:29 PM

QUOTE(acushnir @ Apr 28 2006, 16:48) View Post

es-AR is ready in WTS.

Regards

Thanks, after I've solved the remaining compatibility issues with Reveal, this localization will be available in version 0.7.4 (just like the Russian and Czech translations).

Twanno

#39 klokan

klokan

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 09:11 AM

Czech (cs-CZ) translation for Duplicate Tab 0.7b3 is here in WTS wink.gif

#40 Twanno

Twanno

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 October 2006 - 07:28 PM

Hi all,

I've just uploaded a new version of Duplicate Tab. It is meant for Firefox 2.0.

Changes for localization are:

- I changed the access key for Duplicate Tab, since in Firefox 2.0 Ctrl+Shift+T is used for undo close tab. In English the new access key is now 'u' (D_u_plicate Tab).

- I added an access key for the error message, when you try to open a javascript url in a duplicate tab. The access key is only accessible in Firefox 2.0.
The string for this in the duplicatetab.properties file is: duplicatetab.invalid-url.accesskey

regards,
Twanno

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

CCBot (1)