#401 milupo

milupo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 08:13 PM

QUOTE (oeekker @ Nov 7 2012, 19:25) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Another problem with crowdin:
I cannot translate typo.properties the string urlfixer.isItCorrect.
As soon as I type about 10 characters, the Commit Translation button disappears!?@

The issue is this comment box on the right. You can hide it but in the next moment it appears again. Then is more space for the other two boxes. I have a small screen. Also the filter button in the left box often disappears if there is no space enough.

With accesskeys it is terrible. I have to click all strings to find the right entity. Sometimes the string text helps but not always. It is better to have the string text of the related entity. I can look for the corresponding string then. Sometimes the label string has another name than the accesskey string. And if the file is big - i.e. has more than one page - you must search on several pages and the label string can be on another page than the accesskey string.

Maybe that crowdin is better than Babelzilla for extension authors but for translators Babelzilla is better. In Babelzilla I don't need click on all strings to find the correspondig entity. And nothing disappears. It is better to translate offline.

#402 gymka

gymka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 06:44 AM

good feature of crowdin: it has screenshots of string, atleast Adblock Plus filter for chrome. so i don't need to install chrome to test my translation smile.gif

QUOTE (milupo @ Nov 7 2012, 21:13) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
With accesskeys it is terrible. I have to click all strings to find the right entity. Sometimes the string text helps but not always. It is better to have the string text of the related entity. I can look for the corresponding string then. Sometimes the label string has another name than the accesskey string. And if the file is big - i.e. has more than one page - you must search on several pages and the label string can be on another page than the accesskey string.

Maybe that crowdin is better than Babelzilla for extension authors but for translators Babelzilla is better. In Babelzilla I don't need click on all strings to find the correspondig entity. And nothing disappears. It is better to translate offline.

atleast on crowdin search works, on babelzilla not smile.gif

QUOTE (rookie @ Nov 7 2012, 20:09) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok, I suggested translation for the missing Greek strings. What next? How the get approved?

+1, why my translation needs to be approved by developer which don't knows that specific language? i can verify developers translation, because i know russian, but developer can't verify my translation, because he don't know lithuanian smile.gif
"Kvailam gimti ne sarmata. Tik mirti kvailam gÄ—da." E. M. Remarkas
"Родиться глупым не стыдно, стыдно только умирать глупцом." Э. М. Ремарк
"To born stupid is not shame, just to die stupid is shameful." E. M. Remarque
"Dumm geboren zu werden ist keine Schande. Nur dumm zu sterben." E. M. Remarque

#403 Wladimir Palant

Wladimir Palant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:45 AM

QUOTE (rookie @ Nov 7 2012, 19:09) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok, I suggested translation for the missing Greek strings. What next? How the get approved?

They are either approved by the proofreader (I made you one now) or upvoted by other people. If there are multiple translations without approval and with the same number of votes than the most recent one will be taken.
QUOTE (rookie @ Nov 7 2012, 19:09) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
One more thing. In growdin, I can't find a group (for discussion) for the whole project, just for the specific language. Am I missing something?

No, I don't think that there is any global discussion - but you can discuss particular strings (comments box on the right). It's a bit non-obvious but the comments are visible across all languages. Feel free to use our translators forum if you have general questions: https://adblockplus.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=9
QUOTE (oeekker @ Nov 7 2012, 19:25) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Another problem with crowdin:
I cannot translate typo.properties the string urlfixer.isItCorrect.
As soon as I type about 10 characters, the Commit Translation button disappears!?@

I've never seen that issue but it seems that you managed to solve it?

#404 Wladimir Palant

Wladimir Palant

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:48 AM

QUOTE (gymka @ Nov 8 2012, 06:44) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
+1, why my translation needs to be approved by developer which don't knows that specific language?

See above - the approval is given by a proofreader (and you are one now), not the developer. It's quite useful if multiple translators work on the same translation.

#405 gymka

gymka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 07:53 AM

QUOTE (Wladimir Palant @ Nov 8 2012, 08:45) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No, I don't think that there is any global discussion - but you can discuss particular strings (comments box on the right). It's a bit non-obvious but the comments are visible across all languages. Feel free to use our translators forum if you have general questions: https://adblockplus.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=9

eg.

"Kvailam gimti ne sarmata. Tik mirti kvailam gÄ—da." E. M. Remarkas
"Родиться глупым не стыдно, стыдно только умирать глупцом." Э. М. Ремарк
"To born stupid is not shame, just to die stupid is shameful." E. M. Remarque
"Dumm geboren zu werden ist keine Schande. Nur dumm zu sterben." E. M. Remarque

#406 Goofy

Goofy

Advanced Member

• Super Mod
  • 8437 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:32 AM

Hello all smile.gif

Considering this extension translation is now on crowdin your are kindly requested to move any relative discussion onto adblock+ forums https://adblockplus.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=9.
Since the developer wishes the translation work to be done on another platform, we can see no point discussing here about how crowdin works.

This thread and topic will be closed within a week or two.

Think Global, Make Locales!

Sometimes I am on irc://moznet/BabelZilla
but you can also drop a word in the shoutbox

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

CCBot (1)