AllPeers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 10:48 AM

QUOTE(fabulous @ Jan 22 2007, 01:18) [snapback]24385[/snapback]

as far as i have checked, there are some place issues:
should i shorten that string?
The missing string is on my list already, the long text could be fixed by changing the font style. Just prefix the string to be localized with <html:span style='font-size: 14px;'> and close it with </html:span>.

Ondrej

#42 AllPeers

AllPeers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 01:40 PM

QUOTE(Goofy @ Jan 22 2007, 00:10) [snapback]24382[/snapback]

Of course you can have the two elements of diff colors for the one word, but you don't need to have them externalized in the locales laugh.gif
You are right, as fas as I can see, the localization of some files was done other way than it was designed. I want the sentences to be translated at once whenever possible. I will rework this in RC3, localization of ALLPEERS will no longer be required.

Ondrej

#43 AllPeers

AllPeers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 03:11 PM

QUOTE(SlovakSoft @ Jan 19 2007, 09:57) [snapback]24264[/snapback]

Hello Ondrej,
2 problems found:
– two files apTemplates.dtd (same filename -> problem with Upload)
– non-localizable strings, see screenshots

Names of properties need a bigger change in our framework (the forms are generated using Relax NG schemas). This will be fixed in 0.60 release, you may want to track the progress here https://krtek.allpeers.com/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=1674 .

Ondrej

#44 AllPeers

AllPeers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 05:31 PM

Please stop working in the translations, we are just about to build a new RC which will include all the localized strings so far and which will bring some important changes.

Ondrej

EDIT: The RC3 is just being build, however, we need to make some very basic tests before we give it for translation. So it looks like it will be ready for translation tomorrow morning of our time (GMT+1).

#45 Fingli

Fingli

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 10:40 AM

I'm a litlie confused.. dry.gif
I installed a new version of AllPeers (0.55rc3) and that's how it looks

[attachmentid=2244]

What should I do now?

Attached Files

#46 markh

markh

BZ Jungle Guide

• Admin
  • 4070 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 10:40 AM

Aaahh! My translation was still in progress, and with the update all previous strings have been replaced by the English originals! mad.gif I should spank myself now for not keeping the in progress files on my PC sad.gif

Please include all locales (in progress, in test or released) in future updates!
While the bankers all get their bonuses I’ll just get along with what I’ve got

#47 Slovak_Team

Slovak_Team

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 10:45 AM

QUOTE(Fingli @ Jan 23 2007, 10:40) [snapback]24467[/snapback]

[attachmentid=2244]
What should I do now?

Preferences window:
IMO mistake in apOptions.xul line 49
<caption label="&ap.preferences.download.label;"/>
should be
<caption label="&ap.preferences.downloadfolder.label;"/>

#48 AllPeersHUN

AllPeersHUN

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 10:58 AM

QUOTE(Fingli @ Jan 23 2007, 10:40) [snapback]24467[/snapback]

[attachmentid=2244]
What should I do now?

Hi !

Same problem with my 100% translation...

"
XML-feldolgozási hiba: nem definiált entitás
Hely: jar:file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/jbodnar/Application%20Data/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles/84qhvqu7.default/extensions/allpeers@allpeers.com/chrome/allpeers.jar!/content/peer/PeerView.xhtml?ResId=allpeers:193188
18. sor, 10. oszlop: <title>&ap.peerview.title;</title>
---------^
"

It seams to me the whole locale\peer\ was missing..

U should download the locale tar.gz and manually put ure files into the allpeers.jar....

It worked for me...

Hi !

I got a text without ability to translate:

[attachmentid=2246]

So the original was something: "I want to". I guess the "I" translation is missing...

Attached Files

#49 Slovak_Team

Slovak_Team

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 11:26 AM

apPeerView.dtd

#50 Goofy

Goofy

Advanced Member

• Super Mod
  • 8437 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 11:43 AM

Hello translators smile.gif

In case there is some locale overwritten by the last update (markh ?), here are the zipped locales downloaded yesterday at 17:40 pm

Attached Files

Think Global, Make Locales!

Sometimes I am on irc://moznet/BabelZilla
but you can also drop a word in the shoutbox

#51 AllPeers

AllPeers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 12:05 PM

QUOTE(Goofy @ Jan 23 2007, 11:43) [snapback]24475[/snapback]

Hello translators smile.gif

In case there is some locale overwritten by the last update (markh ?), here is the zipped locales downloaded yesterday at 17:40 pm

Should someone need a backup, he could use ours from http://www.allpeers.com/download/babelzilla/ . I always backup the locales before I upload a new version of the extension.

Ondrej

QUOTE(SlovakSoft @ Jan 23 2007, 11:26) [snapback]24473[/snapback]

apPeerView.dtd

This is bug in BabelZilla. We have in our DTD strings containing ', < and >. BabelZilla translates this to XML entities. The testing builds we publish at http://www.allpeers.com/download/babelzilla/ have these entities translated back. So this problem should only occur when you apply the locale yourself.

Ondrej

QUOTE(markh @ Jan 23 2007, 10:40) [snapback]24468[/snapback]

Aaahh! My translation was still in progress, and with the update all previous strings have been replaced by the English originals! mad.gif I should spank myself now for not keeping the in progress files on my PC sad.gif

Please include all locales (in progress, in test or released) in future updates!

This update contained all the locales so far, could you please specify language and file where you believe are some problems? The RC3 has one problem and that is that we used the locales as downloaded from BabelZilla - this fills empty locales with English version. In RC4 which should be due within minutes the progress should be shown properly again.

Ondrej

#52 markh

markh

BZ Jungle Guide

• Admin
  • 4070 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 02:10 PM

QUOTE(AllPeers @ Jan 23 2007, 12:05) [snapback]24478[/snapback]

This update contained all the locales so far, could you please specify language and file where you believe are some problems? The RC3 has one problem and that is that we used the locales as downloaded from BabelZilla - this fills empty locales with English version. In RC4 which should be due within minutes the progress should be shown properly again.

Ondrej

It was the Dutch locale (check underneath my credentials on the left). But all is well now, thanks. rolleyes.gif
While the bankers all get their bonuses I’ll just get along with what I’ve got

#53 klint

klint

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 04:41 PM

Hello
I'm using the last RC4, in French locale (100%), and I'm still getting an error in the screen that follows the confirmation of the Terms of usage in a new registration.

Here it goes :

Erreur d'analyse XML : entité asynchrone
Emplacement : chrome://allpeers/content/peer/Registration1.xul
Numéro de ligne 48, Colonne 76 : <html:div style="width:160px; line-height: 30px" class="txtBlue">&ap.peer.register.form.usingiseasy;</html:div>
---------------------------------------------------------------------------^

Is that the case for all locales ?

Thanks

CORRECTED : it was a mistake in my translation ! Sorry.

#54 Sonickydon

Sonickydon

[el-GR] Coordinator

• BabelZillian Mods
  • 768 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 06:30 PM

Hi, the greek translation is still in progress, not even tested yet, but i noticed allready that in the workbench.properties file there's only one string for "min" (there's strings for the plural of secs, days hours) that would be a small issue for greek in case plural is needed cause we can't use a short form of the word
Plus, there seems that an "and" is missing from the ap.peer.register.form.apshare
(&ap.allpeers; IS THE NEWEST AND EASIEST WAY TO SHARE YOUR FILES WITH YOUR FRIENDS.<html:br/>SECURELY.<html:br/>(AND?) PRIVATELY. )string in the apRegistration.dtd file.
Graecum est, non legitur

#55 Fingli

Fingli

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 08:15 PM

The Bulgarian locale is almost done (I'm still testing it). During the tests I discovered incorrectly displayed Cyrillic font - see the picture bellow
[attachmentid=2256]
This is an error message from - peer.properties -> ERROR_NOPEER (You did not specify who you want to share with. Please select a person in the list below.) There have to be (Вие не сте определили, с кого искате да споделите файлове. Моля, изберете потребител от списъка.)

It's the same with the other error messages in - ERROR_TOO_MANY_FILES and ERROR_NOMESSAGENOFILES

Attached Files

#56 Loumax

Loumax

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 08:32 AM

QUOTE(Fingli @ Jan 24 2007, 20:15) [snapback]24612[/snapback]

The Bulgarian locale is almost done (I'm still testing it). During the tests I discovered incorrectly displayed Cyrillic font - see the picture bellow
[attachmentid=2256]
This is an error message from - peer.properties -> ERROR_NOPEER (You did not specify who you want to share with. Please select a person in the list below.) There have to be (Вие не сте определили, с кого искате да споделите файлове. Моля, изберете потребител от списъка.)

It's the same with the other error messages in - ERROR_TOO_MANY_FILES and ERROR_NOMESSAGENOFILES

Same problem with the French translation

#57 fabulous

fabulous

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 11:57 AM

QUOTE(Loumax @ Jan 25 2007, 08:32) [snapback]24638[/snapback]

Same problem with the French translation

in my german translation the umlaut is replaced.

#58 AllPeers

AllPeers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 03:46 PM

QUOTE(Sonickydon @ Jan 24 2007, 18:30) [snapback]24602[/snapback]

Hi, the greek translation is still in progress, not even tested yet, but i noticed allready that in the workbench.properties file there's only one string for "min" (there's strings for the plural of secs, days hours) that would be a small issue for greek in case plural is needed cause we can't use a short form of the word
Plus, there seems that an "and" is missing from the ap.peer.register.form.apshare
(&ap.allpeers; IS THE NEWEST AND EASIEST WAY TO SHARE YOUR FILES WITH YOUR FRIENDS.<html:br/>SECURELY.<html:br/>(AND?) PRIVATELY. )string in the apRegistration.dtd file.
I have just found, that we show "min" for anything between 1 minute and 59 minutes. Is it problem if you show the same unit for 1 and 59 minutes? For seconds and hours we do distinguish between plural and singular. Anyway, I have filed a bug for this: https://krtek.allpeers.com/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=1716 This will be fixed in next release.

The AND is not missing, it is two really short sentences separated with full stop. If it does no make sense in your language, then add the "and" in between.

Ondrej

#59 AllPeers

AllPeers

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 04:06 PM

QUOTE(Fingli @ Jan 24 2007, 20:15) [snapback]24612[/snapback]

The Bulgarian locale is almost done (I'm still testing it). During the tests I discovered incorrectly displayed Cyrillic font - see the picture bellow ...

The XUL file does not contain information, that it should be shown with UTF-8 encoding. We will fix this in the next release candidate. Thanks for reporting it.

Ondrej

#60 Sonickydon

Sonickydon

[el-GR] Coordinator

• BabelZillian Mods
  • 768 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 06:32 PM

QUOTE(AllPeers @ Jan 25 2007, 16:46) [snapback]24659[/snapback]

I have just found, that we show "min" for anything between 1 minute and 59 minutes. Is it problem if you show the same unit for 1 and 59 minutes? For seconds and hours we do distinguish between plural and singular. Anyway, I have filed a bug for this: https://krtek.allpeers.com/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=1716 This will be fixed in next release.

The AND is not missing, it is two really short sentences separated with full stop. If it does no make sense in your language, then add the "and" in between.

Ondrej

ops.gif i didn't noticed the full stop , sorry... but i 'll use the "and" anyway , it looks better in Greek smile.gif

As much as for the "min" issue :
I said that i haven't tested the translation yet, if the display is something like " min: X" it can be used, it's not perfect but it's not wrong either.
If however, the form is "X min." then there must be seperate words for plural and singular
Graecum est, non legitur

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users