36 replies to this topic

#21 ingomueller.net

ingomueller.net

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 07:51 PM

QUOTE(Pedro @ Aug 27 2007, 19:38) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I read your doubts and I am not able to solve it, but I think you can also try to ask this in the mozillazine forum. There' a lot of developer that may give you properly answer tongue.gif

Thanks Pedro for your hint! With the help of the users in the moziallazine forums and in the google groups, I was able to bring my extension to a level which I consider as stable enough to open it for public.

The version I just released (0.1.11b) is the last testing version and if no problems appear, I'm going to rename it to 0.2 and nominate it for public use at addons.mozilla.org. No changes for translators again, but a real quick test would be great!

Regards, Ingo

#22 Pedro

Pedro

eXtenZilla IT Member

• Members
  • 711 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 08:05 PM

Well!! Ok Ingo I will test it now wink.gif

EDIT: For me it's ok !! biggrin.gif

Thanks Ingo happy.gif
Are you sure that I am a translator? Have you seen my english?
Goofy's corrections © inside. The dog with the glasses has come back.

#23 fiag

fiag

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 09:26 AM

zh-CN locale added, tested and released. smile.gif

#24 ingomueller.net

ingomueller.net

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 09:57 AM

I hereby proudly announce the first stable version of my extension: ThunderBirthDay 0.2. A huge thanks to all contributors!

There were no changes since 0.1.11b except the zh-CN locale and the fact that I consider it now as stable. Also, the extension is now open for public use and available on the public part of addons.mozilla.org. I invite everybody to send the extension to local extension portals now.

If you need a more detailed description for these portals, you may want to take a look at the english one or the german one I wrote. If you write a description in your language, please send me a copy of it so I can add it to addons.mozilla.org.

Regards, Ingo

#25 Pedro

Pedro

eXtenZilla IT Member

• Members
  • 711 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 10:09 AM

Great!! Thanks Ingo smile.gif

I set the state to Released

I will translate and send you the description soon wink.gif

Bye bye

Pedro

#26 ingomueller.net

ingomueller.net

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 09:54 PM

Again no changes for translators with new version 0.2.1. This is hopefully the last 0.2.x version - 0.3.x will have new features finally :-) The only significant change beside code cleanup is that there are no more error messages when accidentally trying to add/delete/modify items of a ThunderBirthDay calendar.

#27 Pedro

Pedro

eXtenZilla IT Member

• Members
  • 711 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 12:14 AM

Hi ingo, I attach here the adapted italian version of the html file for Mozilla add-ons wink.gif

I hope it is useful happy.gif

#28 ingomueller.net

ingomueller.net

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 07:17 PM

Changes in Lightning 0.7 made another 0.2.x version of ThunderBirthDay necessary. No changes for translators again...

Regards, Ingo

#29 Pedro

Pedro

eXtenZilla IT Member

• Members
  • 711 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 10:29 AM

Hi Ingo,

I reset the translation as released wink.gif

Thanks for publishing my translation on AMO page biggrin.gif

Bye bye

#30 ingomueller.net

ingomueller.net

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 08:32 PM

Hey everyone!

I'd like to present a preview on the next version of ThunderBirthDay! The only change for now is a new (non-functional) UI part: in the card dialog of the address book, there is now a new tab called "Dates" where details about the birthday and the anniversary can be set. This dialog with the dates tab will be shown when editing a birthday event. The rest of the extension remains unchanged, so people who want to test the new version can install this one without loosing any functionality.

I'd like to know what you guys think about this draft. Is it as self-explanatory as I hope it is? Is the dialog rather overloaded or is it clearly arranged? Does it provide all needed functionality or are there things missing?

I'm also thinking about adding an "Advanced..." button for title, category, e-mail invitations/attendees, priority, description, location and url. This button would open the regular event dialog, but in a modified version (controls for recurrence, todo/event, event duration and calendar would be hidden).

As always, questions, critics and suggestions are very welcome!

Regards, Ingo

Attached Files

#31 akwala

akwala

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 06:54 PM

QUOTE(ingomueller.net @ Aug 8 2007, 21:12) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have to admit, that the reason is indeed a bug, but the good thing is, that I can reproduce it. It occures when there are only a very few contacts with birthdays. Until I released a new version, I can only advise you, to add more birthdays to your addressbook wink.gif Thanks a lot for indicating that issue!!

What's the minimum no. of birthdays needed for the extension to work?

Secondly, does it recognize and display birthdays that have day & month, but no year?

I have v. 0.2.3, which I believe is the latest.

--aslam

#32 ingomueller.net

ingomueller.net

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 31 January 2008 - 11:11 PM

Hey everyone!

This update makes ThunderBrithDay compatible with Lightning 0.8pre (tested with the nightly build from 2008-01-30). It should still work with Lightning 0.5-0.7. Please report bugs as usual :-)

Regards, Ingo

Update:

Sorry aslam for not answering before! Somehow I wasn't noticed about your reply... The bug with the "minimum required birthdays" is fixed since a couple of versions, I think, and should in any way not occur in 0.2.3 anymore. If you still observe suspicous behaviour, please let me know!

Update2:

Again no changes for translators... :-/ Maybe next time...

#33 ingomueller.net

ingomueller.net

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 03:08 PM

Hey everyone!

This is a small release adding support for Lightning 0.8 and the swedish locales. Nothing to do for the translators. Thanks for pointing out bugs or other strange behavior :-)

Regards, Ingo

#34 akwala

akwala

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 February 2008 - 10:56 AM

QUOTE (ingomueller.net @ Jan 31 2008, 22:11) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The bug with the "minimum required birthdays" is fixed since a couple of versions, I think, and should in any way not occur in 0.2.3 anymore. If you still observe suspicous behaviour, please let me know!

Hi, Ingo.

I have v. 0.2.4, and I don't see the birthdays I've entered. Note that I don't enter the years of the birthdays, because I don't know them in most cases.

--aslam

#35 ingomueller.net

ingomueller.net

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 06:26 PM

QUOTE (akwala @ Feb 25 2008, 10:56) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have v. 0.2.4, and I don't see the birthdays I've entered. Note that I don't enter the years of the birthdays, because I don't know them in most cases.

@aslam: I'm so sorry for not answering before! Somehow I didn't get notified about the new reply... Anyway: ThunderBirthDay doesn't support dates for birthdays with no year specified yet. This features is planned for one of the next versions of ThunderBirthDay.

@everyone: Here's the new release of my extension, which fixes a issue with changes in Lightning made march the 13th. Without the fix, no local calendars can be created anymore. Additionaly, sk-SK and hu-HU locales have been included. Thanks for your translation!

Regards, Ingo

#36 ingomueller.net

ingomueller.net

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 04 April 2008 - 10:48 PM

Hey everyone!

This is a fix of the last version - which has been rejected because it didn't work ops.gif Shame on me!

Please give it a good testing this time! I'm a little bit in a hurry, because Lightning 0.8 was just released and the current public version of my extension (0.2.5) is not working well with it yet. No new calendar can be created, not even regular Lightning calendars! So if everyone could try to create a regular calendar and a ThunderBirthDay calendar, and report the results, that'd be awesome! Thanks in advance...

Regards, Ingo

#37 ingomueller.net

ingomueller.net

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 12:04 PM

Hey everyone!

Lightning RC1 is out, so it's time to release a new version of ThunderBirthDay! Let's hope that there are no major changes in Lightning anymore before the final release! This update does not have changes for translators, but testing as very appreciated! Please test especially the behaviour with iTIP/iMIP invitations (they are not supported at all, so it should not possible in the UI to choose a TBD calendar for invitations for example). Thanks a lot in advance...

Greetings, Ingo

Update: I just released a "minor minor" which differs from the last version only in the now included da-DK locale. Thanks a lot to the translator!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users