37 replies to this topic

#21 Teester

Teester

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 01:27 AM

First, thanks for the translation.

QUOTE(mar @ Sep 30 2007, 16:52) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This .vcs support is great, but exported vCalendar file including Japanese language has incorrect character encodings (or hasn't escaped?).
FYI, Sunderbird's builtin *.cvs export, too. (builtin *.html and *.ics export is OK.)
Any help? sad.gif

Good news and bad news, I'm afraid.

The good news is that it the problem is probably just that the exstension exports as ANSI rather than UTF-8, which should be a relatively easy fix. This is catered for in the spec for vCalendar as well. It's the same as the .csv export since I used that as a base to design the exporter originally.

The bad news is that I'm heading off on holiday for the month of October (in a couple of hours, in fact) so I won't be able to do anything about it until November, since I'll be nowhere near the code. Sorry. This also means that if Sunbird 0.7 comes out in the next week or two, this extension wont be made compatible for a few weeks after. Lightning should be OK since compatibility bepends on Thunderbird, not Lightning.

Mark.

#22 mar

mar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 01:50 PM

QUOTE(Teester @ Oct 1 2007, 09:27) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The bad news is that I'm heading off on holiday for the month of October (in a couple of hours, in fact) so I won't be able to do anything about it until November, since I'll be nowhere near the code. Sorry. This also means that if Sunbird 0.7 comes out in the next week or two, this extension wont be made compatible for a few weeks after. Lightning should be OK since compatibility bepends on Thunderbird, not Lightning.

I'm waiting for you to come back. smile.gif
mar
http://www.geocities.jp/chimantaea_mirabilis/

#23 Teester

Teester

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 02:04 AM

QUOTE(mar @ Oct 1 2007, 12:50) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm waiting for you to come back. smile.gif

Holidays over. sad.gif

Version 0.5.1 is now available from the AMO sandbox at https://addons.mozilla.org/thunderbird/addon/4721

I nominated the addon for public listing, but it got shot down for only having one review. So a few reviews from anyone else would be great. wink.gif

The addon will now output characters as UTF-8 in the descriptions, locations and titles (and anywhere else I've forgotten) of events.

Thanks for all the new translations.
Mark.

#24 Teester

Teester

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 August 2008 - 12:59 AM

I've uploaded version 0.6b1 (finally!), which has a number of new strings added. For some reason, all the localisers registered for the extension have been lost. I think I uploaded incorrectly the first time I tried.

There have been a number of changes in the use of the extension as well. The options window now appears each time you export instead of having to be set beforehand (though you can still get at it through the addon's options button in the extension manager to look at it for localisation purposes). The options entry on the file menu has also been removed.

I'll be releasing this version (with en-us only until I get the translations updated) on the announcement blog (http://vcssupport.blogspot.com) as well.

#25 markh

markh

BZ Jungle Guide

• Admin
  • 4070 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 06:54 AM

QUOTE (Teester @ Aug 17 2008, 01:59) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've uploaded version 0.6b1 (finally!), which has a number of new strings added. For some reason, all the localisers registered for the extension have been lost. I think I uploaded incorrectly the first time I tried.

That is probably the reason, yes. I was able to restore the Japanese and Portuguese translators, but the following locales are still without translator: it-IT, fr-FR, af-ZA, zh, CN, fi-FI, he-IL, ga-IE, ko-KR, and pt-BR. Do you have any info on who the translators were?
While the bankers all get their bonuses I’ll just get along with what I’ve got

#26 Teester

Teester

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 10:59 AM

The following were the translators in the last version:
  • myahoo - fr-FR localisation
  • urihart - he-IL localisation
  • Van Zyl - af-ZA localisation
  • wspout - ko-KR localisation
  • fiag - zh-CN localisation
  • MiK546 - fi-FI localisation
  • Alberto Eidh - pt-BR localisation
  • Martin Struhar - sk-SK localisation
  • Teester - ga-IE localisation
I have no it-IT translator at the moment.

#27 markh

markh

BZ Jungle Guide

• Admin
  • 4070 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 12:33 PM

• Van Zyl - af-ZA localisation --> no such user in IPB -> will look into this
  • wspout - ko-KR localisation --> wtspout
  • MiK546 - fi-FI localisation --> no such user in IPB - will look into this
  • Martin Struhar - sk-SK localisation --> sk- SK not in list of locales

All other translators re-registered. wink.gif

EDIT: missing users re-registered and added

#28 l0stintranslation

l0stintranslation

• 1253 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 12:55 PM

QUOTE (Teester @ Aug 18 2008, 11:59) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi,

I'm trying to contact the previous Italian translator. I hope he will reply soon smile.gif

Regards,
Luca
Prima di fare qualsiasi cosa leggi qui, quo e Q & A!

#29 mar

mar

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 02:53 PM

Hi,
I've updeted Japanese locale on WTS!

It's great improvements in version 0.6.
BTW, I found a bug that "LOCATION:" field has not encoded to Printed-Quotable (or UTF-8?).

Thank you!
mar
http://www.geocities.jp/chimantaea_mirabilis/

#30 Danilo Fortunato

Danilo Fortunato

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 07:36 PM

QUOTE (Teester @ Aug 18 2008, 09:59) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm the original Italian translator of .vcs Support, and I'm willing to mantain the it-IT translation on BabelZilla !
I just need some time to make me acquainted with BabelZilla.

Many thanks to l0stintranslation for letting me know of this topic.

#31 Teester

Teester

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 11:50 PM

I've had 3 notifications that Danilo has registered as the it-IT localiser, but he doesn't appear on the translators list and he can't add his translation to WTS. Does anyone have any idea why not?

Also, I forgot to include sk-SK in my last submission (I have about 50% of the strings from previous versions). What is the easiest way to include them? Should I register myself as the translator, add them, register Martin Struhar and then unregister myself, or is there an easier way? I fear than if I resubmit the extension completely then I may lose some of the work that others have done.

QUOTE (mar @ Aug 20 2008, 14:53) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
BTW, I found a bug that "LOCATION:" field has not encoded to Printed-Quotable (or UTF-8?).

Thanks for noticing that. smile.gif I was more concerned with getting QUOTED-PRINTABLE working at all than making sure that all the fields which need it were using it. This will be fixed in the release.

Thanks,
Mark

#32 markh

markh

BZ Jungle Guide

• Admin
  • 4070 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 02:47 PM

QUOTE (Teester @ Sep 1 2008, 23:50) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've had 3 notifications that Danilo has registered as the it-IT localiser, but he doesn't appear on the translators list and he can't add his translation to WTS. Does anyone have any idea why not?
He has been added manually now; this is due to a bug. He could sign up as translator but was not registered in the db.

QUOTE (Teester @ Sep 1 2008, 23:50) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Also, I forgot to include sk-SK in my last submission (I have about 50% of the strings from previous versions). What is the easiest way to include them? Should I register myself as the translator, add them, register Martin Struhar and then unregister myself, or is there an easier way? I fear than if I resubmit the extension completely then I may lose some of the work that others have done.
Given the fact that you know the translator the best way is to contact him, ask to re-register and upload the files. If he does not have the files, you can send them to him. If you register first and add him as secondary translator, you will not be able to unregister yourself so you will need to ask an admin to fix that. And we're very lazy laugh.gif

#33 markh

markh

BZ Jungle Guide

• Admin
  • 4070 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 08:21 PM

Dutch locale updated, (finally) tested and released cool.gif

#34 ezg

ezg

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 02:39 PM

Just released Lithuanian translation.. ;)
Edvinas Stonikas (a.k.a ezg)
http://www.webpadange.lt

#35 DakSrbija

DakSrbija

Advanced Member

• BabelZillian Mods
  • 422 posts

Posted 17 May 2009 - 11:13 PM

Serbian (sr-RS) localization has been released biggrin.gif

#36 Teester

Teester

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 08:14 PM

Version 0.6.3 has been uploaded to AMO's sandbox, awaiting review.
Go to https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbir...s/versions/4721 and click on See All Versions to get it.
It now includes Lithuanian and Serbian locales. Thanks DakSrbija and ezg for the translations.

#37 Omi

Omi

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 10:17 PM

Spanish (es-ES) translation has been added.

Regards

#38 Bling

Bling

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 03:16 PM

hu-HU added
cheers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users