• 447 posts

• Translator for [No translator]
  • Extension Developer: Yes
  • Extensions: Flagfox, Config Descriptions, Crash Report Helper
  • My OS Gnu/Linux

Posted 13 November 2007 - 04:26 PM

Thanks to all the translators. smile.gif

I've posted 3.1 beta 6.
This has some fixes for some right-to-left text display issues. Someone has just signed on to do the Persian locale, so I would like it to be correctly testable. My thanks goes to urihart, our Hebrew translator, for helping me with this.

The most annoying thing, however, is that it still doesn't show exactly perfectly. No matter what I do, Mozilla's auto-flipping nonsense will not allow "(ip) host", in that order, in the tooltip. (I can do it in RTL HTML, but not in the tooltip) Doing both "ip host" and "host ip" result in the exact same outputted string... Because in some instances there's only an IP, thus requiring it to be combined as such only in some cases, and because attempting to switch to 3 parameters with localized text separating all would be overly complicated and long, I've decided to leave it as "host (ip)" in all locales. If anyone knows of any voodoo to beat Firefox into submission and allow it to be shown correctly, please let me know.

Edited to add:
Also of note, Richard has made the new version of Geotool public, and the new localizations have been added. You can test by clicking on the Flagfox icon to lookup the current site, or by simply going to geotool.servehttp.com. (it detects locale based on HTTP headers) I think some of the geotool.properties files used there are already out of date; I'll send him the complete set when we're ready to release Flagfox 3.1.

#42 markh

markh

BZ Jungle Guide

• Admin
  • 4,070 posts
  • Location:the culinary and touristically unchallenged parts of the Netherlands

• Translator for Dutch (nl)
  • Extension Developer: No
  • Translation Credits to markh van BabelZilla.org
  • My OS Windows

Posted 14 November 2007 - 09:24 PM

Dutch locale updated, tested and released cool.gif
While the bankers all get their bonuses I’ll just get along with what I’ve got

#43 DaveG

DaveG

Techie Tricks and Tips provider

• Super Mod
  • 447 posts

• My OS Gnu/Linux

Posted 20 November 2007 - 09:42 PM

Thank you very much to all the translators who've helped us out. smile.gif

Flagfox 3.1 is released

I've posted the update to AMO, and the changelog is available here.

I'm not going to bother posting the release version of 3.1 to BabelZilla, as the only changes between beta 6 and the release are just some more layout changes in the about dialog. And yeah, I know we have an overly fancy about window, but we need a custom one for the Maxmind notice, so why not make it look good?... tongue.gif

#44 NassimJD

NassimJD

Arabic Translation Coordinator

• 139 posts
  • Interests:language translations besides many IT things.

• Translator for Arabic
  • Translation Credits to Nassim J Dhaher
  • My OS Several

Posted 07 December 2007 - 01:52 AM

Finally done , hoof man took a alot of ctrl+c ctrl+v just to copy the translation of the country names , wow

arabic released biggrin.gif
أن أكرمكم عند الله أتقاكم

#45 DaveG

DaveG

• Super Mod
  • 447 posts

• My OS Gnu/Linux

Posted 07 December 2007 - 05:46 AM

Thanks to nassimjd for finishing the Arabic locale, and also to Risse for finishing Finnish. smile.gif

I'll post a new version on AMO this weekend.

#46 Sonickydon

Sonickydon

[el-GR] Coordinator

• BabelZillian Mods
  • 768 posts

• Translator for Greek (el)

Posted 24 December 2007 - 03:28 PM

el-GR still on testing status, I'm waiting for a review before i set it to"released" and it might take a couple of days.
I just noticed a couple of issues though :

DaveG:
The options do not work right (or I'm missing something here)
The extension does respect my selection on how it should open a page, but doesn't do so on which page it should open.
For example, it does open the page on a new tab or whatever i choose upon clicking, but it insists on opening Geotool
no matter what my selection is (the string in about:config is stored right, based on my selection, but it is ignored).
(tested only on windows xp sp1 so far, both on a clean new profile and the default one with a lot of extensions running and
on both the beta .xpi from babelzilla and the one from AMO.)

Translators:
There's a country named "Macedonia" in the countries list. The formal name for that country (as recognized by the UN)
is still "FYROM" (Former Yugoslavic Republic Of Macedonia). A lot of countries have already recognized that one by the
name "Macedonia" so it's up to you to choose but i do have to point this out.

Apart from the countries already listed in quicklocaleswitcher, you can get all the rest names
easily from the open-tran project.
Graecum est, non legitur

#47 rleeden

rleeden

• Members
  • 11 posts

• Extensions: Flagfox
  • Translation Credits to Richard van der Leeden

Posted 24 December 2007 - 07:02 PM

QUOTE(Sonickydon @ Dec 24 2007, 15:28) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
DaveG:
The options do not work right (or I'm missing something here)
The extension does respect my selection on how it should open a page, but doesn't do so on which page it should open.
For example, it does open the page on a new tab or whatever i choose upon clicking, but it insists on opening Geotool
no matter what my selection is (the string in about:config is stored right, based on my selection, but it is ignored).
(tested only on windows xp sp1 so far, both on a clean new profile and the default one with a lot of extensions running and
on both the beta .xpi from babelzilla and the one from AMO.)

You are missing something I think. You are correct Geotool always opens - with left click that is. The option to open another page refers to the middle click action (or ctrl-left click if you don't have a middle click).

#48 DaveG

DaveG

• Super Mod
  • 447 posts

• My OS Gnu/Linux

Posted 24 December 2007 - 08:15 PM

Hmm... not sure what your issue is. To clarify, here's everything as it has been since 3.1:

The option flagfox.openlinksin labeled with prefs.tabPreflabel ("Open in:" in en-US) decides how Flagfox opens any link, via left-click, middle-click/ctrl+click, or context menu. The option flagfox.middleclick labeled with prefs.middleclicklabel ("Middle-click action:" in en-US) chooses what action is done on a middle-click or ctrl+click on the icon. Since 3.1, left-clicking the icon always opens Geotool (our primary external info source; rleeden's work) using the flagfox.openlinksin option.

You used to be able to choose between Geotool and Wikipedia on left/middle or middle/left, but the Wikipedia country lookup is a very old feature and Geotool is vastly more useful. (and we can add to Geotool as needed) So, I relegated it to the new context menu and left it in as an option for the middle-click with the other new features.

If you're thinking it says that you're selecting the left-click action in the options, then you're misunderstanding something or are somehow looking at old strings, and there may be a mistranslation somewhere. I'm using Flagfox in Firefox on Linux right now and it works fine, and I can open up Flagfox in Firefox on Windows XP SP2 at the same time and it works there too. (yay for VirtualBox ;) )

#49 Sonickydon

Sonickydon

[el-GR] Coordinator

• BabelZillian Mods
  • 768 posts

Posted 25 December 2007 - 12:31 PM

surprise.gif
My apologies.
I just tested the extension again on Linux (KDE) and it works smoothly.
The misunderstanding occurred because of windows. I'm using a microsoft
mouse and it has a driver with a default middle click action so i guessed that
since nothing happened when i middle-clicked it had to be the left-click that opens the page.
Next time i'll translate an extension i promise to read the AMO description first. biggrin.gif
Sorry for the confusion and thanks for the explanation.

*el-GR released*

PS
I attach here a file with the AMO strings for the extension translated into Greek.
Keep in mind that in AMO, Greek is listed with the simplified country code ("el") and not "el-GR"

PS2
I almost forgot..
Merry/Happy Christmas everybody smile.gif

Attached Files

Graecum est, non legitur

#50 DaveG

DaveG

• Super Mod
  • 447 posts

• My OS Gnu/Linux

Posted 27 December 2007 - 11:38 AM

My thanks to Sonickydon and StiffeL for the Greek and Swedish translations. smile.gif

Version 3.1.3 is now available on AMO.

#51 Sonickydon

Sonickydon

[el-GR] Coordinator

• BabelZillian Mods
  • 768 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 05:04 PM

Don't mention it, i just noticed the home page, if you need a translation for that as well just drop a note here.
btw, it would be nice if you could submit the translated strings to AMO.
Graecum est, non legitur

#52 DaveG

DaveG

• Super Mod
  • 447 posts

• My OS Gnu/Linux

Posted 28 December 2007 - 01:29 AM

QUOTE(Sonickydon @ Dec 27 2007, 16:04) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Don't mention it, i just noticed the home page, if you need a translation for that as well just drop a note here.
btw, it would be nice if you could submit the translated strings to AMO.

I put in the description line from flagfox.properties, as I usually do, but I just forgot to do the full long description. You're the first to submit one. smile.gif

While we're on the subject, if anyone else wants to submit a long description translation for an AMO-supported locale, please just post an attachment here. (and for the ".com or .uk" part, make sure to change .uk to your locale's nation's TLD) I was considering putting in a dummy properties file for it, but not all locales are supported by AMO. The WTS really should know what locales AMO can handle, and automatically give the translators fields for them, but that's probably a pipe dream for now. tongue.gif

WRT other stuffs, I don't think it's worth translating anything else. The bulk of our homepage is just the long description, and the little blurb about who developed Flagfox and when isn't exactly mission critical. Besides, most people will just see the AMO page, and I don't think we should bother the 20 or so translators with something that isn't that important. I'd prefer we just leave the site, version notes, and developer comments in English. The forums have to stay in English anyway, as the only 2 developers are American and British. The little privacy policy probably could be localized, but I don't know if it really matters. Just doing the long and short descriptions goes a long way, so let's just do that for now.

#53 Goofy

Goofy

Advanced Member

• Super Mod
  • 8,437 posts

• Translator for French (fr)
  • Extensions: BabelZillaMenu-BabelZilla Glossary-OpenTran...
  • Translation Credits to Goofy
  • My OS Gnu/Linux

Posted 28 December 2007 - 09:55 AM

smile.gif OK this is for the French "long" description then (you already have the "short" one)

Attached Files

Think Global, Make Locales!

Sometimes I am on irc://moznet/BabelZilla
but you can also drop a word in the shoutbox

#54 DaveG

DaveG

• Super Mod
  • 447 posts

• My OS Gnu/Linux

Posted 28 December 2007 - 11:15 AM

Thanks Goofy. French description translation is up.

#55 DaveG

DaveG

• Super Mod
  • 447 posts

• My OS Gnu/Linux

Posted 28 December 2007 - 12:15 PM

Thanks Goofy, again. smile.gif

We've kicked the current Turkish translator, as tr-TR has been sitting at 0% since he volunteered over 2 months ago and he hasn't responded to my PM almost a week ago. There's someone offering to take his place on our forums, so his vacancy should be short-lived. tongue.gif

#56 DaveG

DaveG

• Super Mod
  • 447 posts

• My OS Gnu/Linux

Posted 04 January 2008 - 06:12 PM

I've posted version 3.1.4 to BabelZilla.

Yes, there are a few new strings. We've updated our countries database with a few missing little nations. This version also has a little fix for Ubuntu users (context menu position was off) and the up-to-date version of the IP location database for January 2008. Translators, please localize the new country names whenever you get the time. There's only 5 new strings, so it shouldn't take long. I'll release the new version as soon as all existing locales are updated and marked as released. Thanks.

Also, I've decided to tweak the short description we use on AMO. I'll leave the description for the extension (in the properties file, edited via the WTS) the same, as the add-ons manager gives a bit less space. For translators of AMO-supported locales, this is what I'm going with:

AMO extension summary:
Displays a country flag in the status bar depicting the location of the current website's server, and provides quick access to detailed location and webserver information.

AMO extension description:
Flagfox is an extension for Mozilla Firefox that shows a flag icon in the status bar indicating the current website's server location. It uses relatively little resources, and works by accessing an IP address database contained within the extension rather than relying on top-level-domain roots like ".com" or ".uk". Clicking the icon loads Geotool, which provides a map of the location as well as more information such as the ISP and city. The context menu also provides quick access to information about the country of origin, as well as the ability to lookup the site's registrant via Whois.
(long version is unchanged; included above for translators that would also like to localize it)

Please attach localizations of the above as a text file in your reply here.
Don't forget to localize the second TLD from ".uk" to your own locale's.

#57 Goofy

Goofy

Advanced Member

• Super Mod
  • 8,437 posts

• Translator for French (fr)
  • Extensions: BabelZillaMenu-BabelZilla Glossary-OpenTran...
  • Translation Credits to Goofy
  • My OS Gnu/Linux

Posted 04 January 2008 - 06:55 PM

Displays a country flag in the status bar depicting the location of the current website's server, and provides quick access to detailed location and webserver information.

French summary:

Affiche un drapeau dans la barre d'état selon la localisation du serveur du site parcouru, et procure un accès rapide à des informations détaillées sur le serveur Web et son emplacement.

(description unchanged)
smile.gif
Think Global, Make Locales!

Sometimes I am on irc://moznet/BabelZilla
but you can also drop a word in the shoutbox

#58 DaveG

DaveG

• Super Mod
  • 447 posts

• My OS Gnu/Linux

Posted 04 January 2008 - 07:05 PM

Thanks Goofy. AMO updated. smile.gif

#59 momus

momus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 41 posts

• Translator for Polish (pl)
  • Translation Credits to Krzysztof Klimczak (or simply you may write my nick from this site)

Posted 04 January 2008 - 07:16 PM

pl-PL locale updated.

Extension summary:
Wyświetla flagi w zależności od położenia serwera, na którym znajduje się strona i dostarcza szybki dostęp do szczegółów lokalizacji i informacji o serwerze.

Description unchanged.

#60 DaveG

DaveG

• Super Mod
  • 447 posts

• My OS Gnu/Linux

Posted 04 January 2008 - 07:27 PM

QUOTE(momus @ Jan 4 2008, 18:16) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Extension summary:
Wyświetla flagi w zależności od położenia serwera, na którym znajduje się strona i dostarcza szybki dostęp do szczegółów lokalizacji i informacji o serwerze.
Description unchanged.

You never posted an AMO description. My guess is the flip-flopping terminology got you. The short line in the WTS which shows in the add-ons manager is called the "description", whereas the longer section shown on AMO is called the "description" and the short section is called the "summary". So, translate the (short) description in the WTS, and if you're an AMO-supported locale (and Polish is) localize the short and long descriptions for AMO (the summary and description listed a few posts up) and post them here. Sorry about the confusion.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

CCBot (1)