23 replies to this topic

#1 Cashman

Cashman

[hu-HU] Moderator

• BabelZillian Mods
  • 427 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 04:02 PM

Hello guys,

Please update Auto Context de-DE locale!

Cashman

#2 Cashman

Cashman

[hu-HU] Moderator

• BabelZillian Mods
  • 427 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 01:49 PM

@de-DE übersetzer

MartinMeise war so lange nicht auf BabelZilla.
Ich habe PS gesenden, keine antwort.
Ich will neues version zum AMO geben nächstes woche.

Kann jemand überzetzung machen?

Cashman

#3 ranmori

ranmori

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 May 2009 - 01:38 AM

simulation credit auto
Cashman wrote:
Hello guys,

Please update Auto Context de-DE locale!

Cashman

That's a good idea, but up to now there's no update yet ranting2.gif

#4 Cashman

Cashman

[hu-HU] Moderator

• BabelZillian Mods
  • 427 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 10:58 AM

Updated Auto Context on BZ!

The translator for de-DE MartinMeise has no longer updated the extension.
Last seen on BZ in 2008.

Could someone make the translation? (510 strings to translate and checking previous 32 strings)

If yes, please send me a PM so I can contact administrators to change the translator name for de-DE locale of Auto Context.

Thank You in advance.
Cashman

#5 ChrisE

ChrisE

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 11:52 AM

Hey Cashman,

as soon as you managed everything with the admins and so on I'll try to finish the locale any day in the week from 24th to 30th August. smile.gif I hope I am that fast... happy.gif

Chris

#6 Goofy

Goofy

Advanced Member

• Super Mod
  • 8437 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 01:07 PM

QUOTE (ChrisE @ Aug 22 2009, 12:52) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey Cashman,

as soon as you managed everything with the admins and so on I'll try to finish the locale any day in the week from 24th to 30th August. smile.gif I hope I am that fast... happy.gif

Chris

allright smile.gif you are now added to the de-DE translator team for this extension
Think Global, Make Locales!

Sometimes I am on irc://moznet/BabelZilla
but you can also drop a word in the shoutbox

#7 ChrisE

ChrisE

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 07:25 PM

QUOTE (Goofy @ Aug 22 2009, 13:07) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
allright smile.gif you are now added to the de-DE translator team for this extension

"team" wink.gif

Thank you smile.gif

#8 ChrisE

ChrisE

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 11:06 PM

German locale done so far smile.gif

However, I had to use some workarounds:

"modifier" - I exactly know you mean "Ctrl", "Alt" and "Shift", but I couldn't think of any German term for these keys (neither one of my friends could). I used "Modifikatoren", which is a litteral translation, although I don't think someone knows what that means without the list of keys.
"middle click" - Usually, there is no well-known German word called "Mittelklick", however I used it to shorten the normally used paraphrase "Klick mit der mittleren Maustaste".
"Open-Tran" - I think this is a name of a Hungarian website? I left it as it was.
"web address" - "Webadresse" until now, usually just called "URL" - I may update these if you think it's sensible.
"slider" - I am not sure what this is in your extension, so I used "Schieberegler" (default translation).
"Engine" - this is "Maschine", I used "Suchmaschine" because I guess you're talking of "search engines", aren't you?
I changed hotkeys to fit them to the German expressions: "Copy" was "o" because "Close" needed the "C", "Kopieren" now uses "K", whereas "Schließen" uses "c" as "Speichern" got the "S". I hope this works.
Some split sentences have other word orders than the according German sentences, so the locales may contain some different text than a one-by-one translation to have the changeable parts fitting.

Please check the layout, for German words and sentences often do have more characters than the matching English one.

Furthermore I noticed several mistakes in your English locales. You often capitalised words wrong like "... List." instead of "... list.".
In prefcommand.dtd you wrote "AutoContext" instead of "Auto Context".
In searchuser.dtd it says "to by showed", I translated it using "to be showed", because I think this is a typo? (I couldn't translate it elsewise anyway)

Chris

#9 Goofy

Goofy

Advanced Member

• Super Mod
  • 8437 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 11:23 PM

smile.gif hey you should have used Open-Tran to have translation suggestions
http://en.de.open-tran.eu/suggest/modifier
http://en.de.open-tran.eu/suggest/middle%20click
http://en.de.open-tran.eu/suggest/slider
wink.gif

As for capitalized words, Cashman is right, the English use to capitalize a good number of nouns inside sentences (unlike French for example)

Though Cashman will probably give a test run, it would be better if you could test your own translation first. See howto http://babelwiki.babelzilla.org/index.php?...our_translation

#10 ChrisE

ChrisE

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 06:55 PM

OpenTran doesn't pay attention to the specific use... So its solutions are not better than the ones I used tongue.gif

the English use to capitalize a good number of nouns inside sentences

Not really, they capitalise names and languages as well as the adjectives of languages and the persons speaking the language, and the word "I". The rest is definitely written in small letters:

"My name is Chris and I am from Germany, but German is not the only language I understand, I know a fair bit of English words, too." wink.gif

Chris

#11 Cashman

Cashman

[hu-HU] Moderator

• BabelZillian Mods
  • 427 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 06:59 PM

QUOTE (ChrisE @ Aug 23 2009, 00:06) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In prefcommand.dtd you wrote "AutoContext" instead of "Auto Context".
In searchuser.dtd it says "to by showed", I translated it using "to be showed", because I think this is a typo? (I couldn't translate it elsewise anyway)

Changed en-US locale: searchuser.dtd , prefcommand.dtd

#12 Cashman

Cashman

[hu-HU] Moderator

• BabelZillian Mods
  • 427 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 07:03 PM

Open-Tran for German language:

http://de.open-tran.eu/

change at right upper corner the language into (de) Deutsch

#13 Goofy

Goofy

Advanced Member

• Super Mod
  • 8437 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 07:18 PM

QUOTE (ChrisE @ Aug 23 2009, 19:55) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OpenTran doesn't pay attention to the specific use... So its solutions are not better than the ones I used tongue.gif

Not really, they capitalise names and languages as well as the adjectives of languages and the persons speaking the language, and the word "I". The rest is definitely written in small letters:

"My name is Chris and I am from Germany, but German is not the only language I understand, I know a fair bit of English words, too." wink.gif

Chris

laugh.gif As you like it!
I took a file randomly in a randomly chosen extension (mashtape) and in the English strings I found

Read More
Read Less
View More
View Less
View Original Article
Artist Bio
Artist Info

#14 ChrisE

ChrisE

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 07:24 PM

Goofy:
Yep, I didn't say titles and captions are treated like sentences. But the one I was "complaining" about was help-text written as full sentence.

Cashman:
CODE
XML-Verarbeitungsfehler: Nicht definierte Entität
Adresse: chrome://autocontext/content/options.xul
Zeile Nr. 40, Spalte 3:

<tab label="&autocontext-text-tab.extensions;"/>
----------------^

Are all your English source files feeded into WTS for the translations up-to-date? Seems like some entities were missing.

Chris

#15 Goofy

Goofy

Advanced Member

• Super Mod
  • 8437 posts

Posted 23 August 2009 - 09:08 PM

smile.gif Using the current version and your locale, I built the attached version which is ok for de-DE it seems
(maybe you forgot to add
CODE
locale autocontext de-DE chrome/locale/de-DE/
in the chrome.manifest ?)

Attached Files

#16 ChrisE

ChrisE

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 06:47 PM

Hm, I think I made a stupid mistake rolleyes.gif

I installed the latest version from addons.mozilla.org and not the xpi provided here since I've been trying the second time (I re-installed Auto Context in my developer's profile afterwards and forgot to get the xpi from BZ instead of mozilla.org therefore)

With the new version everything's looking fine so far, I'll browse around for mistakes happy.gif

Chris

#17 Goofy

Goofy

Advanced Member

• Super Mod
  • 8437 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 06:52 PM

QUOTE (ChrisE @ Aug 24 2009, 19:47) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hm, I think I made a stupid mistake rolleyes.gif

happy.gif Don't worry, you are far from my personal record http://babelwiki.babelzilla.org/index.php?...istakes%28TM%29

#18 ChrisE

ChrisE

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 07:33 PM

Hehehe laugh.gif

I checked everything, found some minor mistakes, I think I figured out "Slider" means a small panel sliding up at the bottom of the window, which is usually just called "Info-Panel" then, I corrected typos, enhanced two grammatical aspects and renamed "Modifikatoren" into "Funktionstasten" which at least is a fair bit closer to the purpose of those keys.

Looks very much like - all in all - everything fits now, however I've to admit the options are very, very confusing to me with the thousands of possibilities and small extra windows, tabs in tabs and so on... Maybe the layout should be overhauled for v2.
However, I am ready for the moment, can't see how to improve any string anymore.

Chris smile.gif

#19 ChrisE

ChrisE

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 01:41 PM

I added the new strings but I get an parsing error when I try to open the Options:
Undefined entity
chrome://autocontext/content/options.xul
Line No. 49, Column 14:
<checkbox id="autocontext-prefs-enabled" label="&autocontext-prefs-enabled.label;"

Please check your files.

Chris

#20 Goofy

Goofy

Advanced Member

• Super Mod
  • 8437 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 02:45 PM

QUOTE (ChrisE @ Sep 15 2009, 14:41) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I added the new strings but I get an parsing error when I try to open the Options:

Please check your files.

Chris

mellow.gif mmh I updated and tested the French locale but did not hit the same issue

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

CCBot (1)