• Please log in to reply
314 replies to this topic

#301 MASA

MASA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 03:13 AM

Okay, major version needs translating! We're fully supporting TB3 now!

If the title says undefined for a tab, don't worry about it. Something didn't save right so the line that sets the title didn't get uncommented.

REupload: I fixed the Thunderbird 2 bug already. This build has Postbox support as well.

#302 nico@nc

nico@nc

Advanced Member

• BabelZillian Mods
  • 689 posts

Posted 29 December 2009 - 06:39 PM

I don't find out the difference between "TB3 Tabs" and "TB3 Tabs[NM]" (btw, what is NM for?), excepted that with the second option there is no address bar in the message pane. Is there anything else?
Nicolas

#303 MASA

MASA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 01:12 AM

QUOTE (nico@nc @ Dec 29 2009, 09:39) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't find out the difference between "TB3 Tabs" and "TB3 Tabs[NM]" (btw, what is NM for?), excepted that with the second option there is no address bar in the message pane. Is there anything else?

ThunderBrowse will only force links into it's own tabs. There is no surfing in the messagepane (NM means no messagepane).

#304 nico@nc

nico@nc

Advanced Member

• BabelZillian Mods
  • 689 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 03:18 PM

Okay. I also noticed that there is a "help" sign next to "display what's new..." in options' general tab, but no tooltip is displayed on it.

Please also note that the French locale (to be released soon) is now "fr" instead of "fr-FR", I don't know whether it has been changed by you or the WTS: it has to be updated in the chrome.manifest file too.
Nicolas

#305 MASA

MASA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 08:06 PM

QUOTE (nico@nc @ Dec 30 2009, 06:18) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Okay. I also noticed that there is a "help" sign next to "display what's new..." in options' general tab, but no tooltip is displayed on it.

Please also note that the French locale (to be released soon) is now "fr" instead of "fr-FR", I don't know whether it has been changed by you or the WTS: it has to be updated in the chrome.manifest file too.

Yeah, I think I forgot to take that out while playing around in some beta settings. I've removed it now.

As for the french locale, I'm suprised no one has said this is the new way for doing french translations. I would think Mozilla would have said something.

#306 Goofy

Goofy

Advanced Member

• Super Mod
  • 8437 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 08:34 PM

I confirm the official Mozilla langcode for French is "fr" only since Firefox 1.5 smile.gif
Think Global, Make Locales!

Sometimes I am on irc://moznet/BabelZilla
but you can also drop a word in the shoutbox

#307 nico@nc

nico@nc

Advanced Member

• BabelZillian Mods
  • 689 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 09:26 PM

There is also a problem in options window if options descriptions are too long and/or if system font size is too big: the text is not wrapped and a part of the dialog is hidden unless resized. Actually, if the font is really too big it will be impossible on a small screen to enlarge it enough to see the dialog "cancel" and "OK" buttons. mellow.gif

Here is a screenshot of the options dialog with a small font size :
Attached File  screenshot_005.png   40.1KB   11 downloads

...and then if I choose a bigger one (after closing, then reopening the dialog):
Attached File  screenshot_006.png   61.36KB   10 downloads Attached File  screenshot_007.png   56.37KB   12 downloads

I took the screenshots with Linux, but the problem has also been reported by Goofy with Windows.
Nicolas

#308 MASA

MASA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 09:41 PM

QUOTE (nico@nc @ Dec 30 2009, 12:26) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There is also a problem in options window if options descriptions are too long and/or if system font size is too big: the text is not wrapped and a part of the dialog is hidden unless resized. Actually, if the font is really too big it will be impossible on a small screen to enlarge it enough to see the dialog "cancel" and "OK" buttons. mellow.gif

Here is a screenshot of the options dialog with a small font size :
Attached File  screenshot_005.png   40.1KB   11 downloads

...and then if I choose a bigger one (after closing, then reopening the dialog):
Attached File  screenshot_006.png   61.36KB   10 downloads Attached File  screenshot_007.png   56.37KB   12 downloads

I took the screenshots with Linux, but the problem has also been reported by Goofy with Windows.

Ugh. I knew this would happen. Hotkeys are odd. They are probably inheriting something incorrectly. Just ignore that one.

I think I have a fix for it, but I'll download the french locales to test.

Also, the directory of just fr will not read locales (even with the changes passed to chrome.manifest).

#309 MASA

MASA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 30 December 2009 - 11:39 PM

Alright, I fixed it. I also fixed the tooltips not wrapping like they should be.

#310 MASA

MASA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 01:53 AM

I'm going to be releasing the new version this friday (1/8/2010). Just a heads up.

#311 markh

markh

BZ Jungle Guide

• Admin
  • 4070 posts

Posted 08 January 2010 - 07:57 AM

Dutch locale released. Please note that the locale ID has changed from nl-NL to just nl; please modify chrome.manifest accordingly wink.gif
While the bankers all get their bonuses I’ll just get along with what I’ve got

#312 Joergen

Joergen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 406 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 02:52 PM

Hi MASA

The latest version is causing me trouble. The following four strings are the problem.

settings.tabs.contentoverride
Hook ThunderBrowse into TB3 Content Tabs?

settings.tabs.sessionhistory
Persist history for TB3 Session Restore?

settings.tooltip.contenttabs
This will cause ThunderBrowse to hook into the contentTabs tab type. By enabling this, ThunderBrowse will show up in any tab that uses contentTabs. It will be treated as a ThunderBrowse tab.

settings.tooltip.sessionhistory
This will cause session restored tabs to persist the history associated with that tab. WARNING: May cause increase in memory usage.

What is the difference between a normal tab, contentTabs, and TB3 Content Tab?
What do you mean by "Hook into"?

Joergen

#313 MASA

MASA

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 08:31 AM

QUOTE (Joergen @ Jan 30 2010, 06:52) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi MASA

The latest version is causing me trouble. The following four strings are the problem.

settings.tabs.contentoverride
Hook ThunderBrowse into TB3 Content Tabs?

settings.tabs.sessionhistory
Persist history for TB3 Session Restore?

settings.tooltip.contenttabs
This will cause ThunderBrowse to hook into the contentTabs tab type. By enabling this, ThunderBrowse will show up in any tab that uses contentTabs. It will be treated as a ThunderBrowse tab.

settings.tooltip.sessionhistory
This will cause session restored tabs to persist the history associated with that tab. WARNING: May cause increase in memory usage.

What is the difference between a normal tab, contentTabs, and TB3 Content Tab?
What do you mean by "Hook into"?

Joergen

TB3 Content Tabs are tabs that just display a single webpage. They were added in TB3. ThunderBrowse will attach itself to the contentTabs (that's what the single page tabs are called) and allow those tabs to use ThunderBrowse features.

I assume you are having issues with the word persist (yeah, I'll admit that I keep getting tripped up on it). Basically what that feature means is that when Thunderbird closes, you can opt to have all your tabs and all of the tabs history save over. Thus, when you start Thunderbird again, all of your ThunderBrowse tabs will be restored with all their history data.

Hope that helps!

#314 Joergen

Joergen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 406 posts

Posted 27 June 2010 - 09:15 PM

Hi MASA

Thank you for your answer. I have done some more research since my previous post.
The concept 'Content Tabs' is not a part of the user interface in Tb. It is a concept used by the programmers. That is why I was not familiar with it.

Joergen

#315 Lakrits

Lakrits

Daredevil Test Pilot

• Admin
  • 894 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 02:36 AM

Swedish locale files (sv-SE) updated (version 3.3.2), added and released.
"[…] och han talar med bönder på böndernas sätt
men med lärde män på latin." – Erik Axel Karlfeldt

Lakrits
BabelZilla admin
Moderator for the Swedish BabelZilla forum section

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users