Advanced Member

• Members
  • 60 posts
  • Extension Developer: Yes
  • Extensions: Mozilla Archive Format

Posted 28 June 2009 - 02:35 PM

QUOTE (Calimo @ Jun 28 2009, 14:17) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
French released smile.gif

Thanks! smile.gif I'll now submit the latest version to the Firefox Add-ons site for editor's review.

QUOTE (Calimo @ Jun 28 2009, 14:17) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I tried to add italics with [ i ] and [ /i ] in options.savecomplete.label, which is the usual recommendation to introduce foreign languages in a french text. Unfortunately it didn't get transformed dans was displayed as [ i ]Savecomplete[ /i ]. Probably only the tags corresponding to the English ones get transformed.

I used quotes instead, which is (slightly) sub-optimal but it is ok for now. Maybe it would be nice for a future version wink.gif

The reason is that only "description" elements support formatting, as far as I know, and it's not possibile to format checkboxes and option buttons. sad.gif Thanks for the suggestion anyway wink.gif

Paolo

#22 P.A.

P.A.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 11:50 AM

QUOTE (teo @ Jun 24 2009, 10:38) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
- Please localize extension description. See https://developer.mo...on_descriptions . Use Localizing before Gecko 1.9 method. This method works also with Fx 3 and is better to translation.

Version 0.14.1 now includes the localized description.

It's just unfortunate that the Danish translation by AlleyKat has been lost due to the recent database crash, I'd have included it in this release. If anyone has a copy of it, downloaded between the dates I've specified in my translators notification, please send it to us.

Paolo

#23 AlleyKat

AlleyKat

[da-DK] Moderator

• BabelZillian Mods
  • 271 posts

• Translator for Danish (da)
  • Extension Developer: No
  • Translation Credits to AlleyKat (nick) / Finn S. Sørensen (real name).
    Member of http://mozilladanmark.dk - the danish Mozilla translation & support site.

Posted 23 July 2009 - 09:32 PM

Well, I usually download them myself and keep them, but this once it was just floating in my download folder and I cleaned that up a day or two before the WTS crash... nothing big, only a few lines missing and I'll get it fixed ASAP.
Best regards / Med venlig hilsen,

Danish localizer AlleyKat // Finn Sørensen ::

#24 P.A.

P.A.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 24 July 2009 - 05:24 PM

QUOTE (AlleyKat @ Jul 23 2009, 22:32) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, I usually download them myself and keep them, but this once it was just floating in my download folder and I cleaned that up a day or two before the WTS crash... nothing big, only a few lines missing and I'll get it fixed ASAP.

I'm glad to hear that the loss is not so severe as it could have been smile.gif If no other locales have been lost, it seems we've recovered quite gracefully cool.gif

If you want, I can upload the existing locale files so you won't need to type them in line by line again. Just let me know.

Paolo

#25 P.A.

P.A.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 03:37 PM

Here are the answer to some translation-related questions posted to the MAF mailing list, that may be useful to all translators in general:

There're still problems in the sentense "Your Firefox is now capable of
opening and saving complete web pages in single-file web
archives
"

When you say "opening complete web pages in single-file", "in
single-file" is the 'attributive modifier' of "complete web pages", but
when you say "saving complete web pages in single-file", "in
single-file" is the adverbial of "saving". I don't know how to translate
such a sentense in other languages.

This is the meaning of the sentence:
  • Your Firefox is now able to do the following:
    • both open and save
    • complete web pages
    • in a web archive (which is a single file)

The word "single-file" is used to qualify the "web archive". In turn, "web archive" is an expression composed of two words that cannot be separated.

Consider that I'm not a native English speaker, there might be better ways to express the same concept concisely. Just do what you think is more natural for your language.

Also, I changed some of the string, here're some of them. (Hope for your
opinion):

I change them dueing to one of these reasons: 1. I cannot find an
equivalent Chinese translation which the reader can understand; 2.
There's no Chinese Documentation of MAF so some of them (a small
quantity) must be included; 3. the string it self is confusing.

# archives.placestitle.header Page Title Saved Page Title
# archives.mafdatearchived.header Archived Archived time
# archives.maftempuri.header Temporary Page URL Temporary Extracted Page URL
# menuitem.browseopenarchives.label Browse Open Archives… Browse Loaded Archives…
# menuitem.savetabsas.label Save Tabs As… Select Tabs (to Save) and Save them
# Your system has been configured as you requested, and is ready for use. Configured your system as you requested; system is ready for use.
# Your Firefox is now capable of opening and saving complete web pages in single-file web archives Your Firefox is now capable of saving complete web pages in single-file (web archive), and is capable of opening such files.
# openintabsbutton.label Open in Tabs Open in Tab(s)

For these strings the meaning remains the same, the new translation is fine for me. As for the style, you may want to ask on the Chinese forum.

# archives.maftitle.header Original Page Title Saved Page Title (duplicate, outside the HTML of the page)

This translation seems a bit long for a header label, also when translated in Chinese (存档页面标题(副本,储于页面 HTML 之外)).

I'm not so sure that specifying the meaning of this field is really required. After all, this is an "advanced" detail, hidden by default, and I think most users won't use it in any case. If you think it's really necessary, you could try with a shorter expression that means "Title of the page as it appears in the archive".

# deletebutton.label Forget "Move" out (or "Delete form RAM")

I have no idea for a different translation. The button removes the archive's metadata from the cache (this action might also remove the temporary files from disk, but whether this is done or not is not important). This does not remove, delete, or move the archive file in any way, only "forgets" about the archive's existence.

# menuitem.saveinarchive.label Save In Archive Save XXX in Archive (I can't find it in any menu of my firefox, there's only "Save Page in Archive" and "Save Frame in Archive")

The concept is correct, this is another style question that a QA reviewer may answer better than me.

# open.caption Open Actions when Opening
# save.caption Save Actions when Saveing

These strings are intended for general use in all the preferences panes (general, advanced, and so on). This translation may make sense in this version of MAF, just pay attention to the fact that other "Save" and "Open" related settings may appear in new versions of MAF, even in different preferences panes.

prefsDialog.dtd - zh-CN;zh-TW;zh-HK:

Some part of the strings are not unified in Firefox:

English:
&Something: AAABBBCCC
Chinese:
1 某些 (&S): AAABBBCCC
2 某些:(&S) AAABBBCCC

The colon can be either before the "short key" (in Fullwidth form) or
after it (in Halfwidth form)

Also, some strings varies from the OS, for example: in Windows and
MacintoshOS.

This question seems specific to Chinese, I'd recommend asking on the Chinese forum.

Still untranslated: options.description - "recommended"

"Even though you can already open and save web archives, the following enhancements to your computer configuration are recommended:"

This means that the users have the option of applying the suggested enhancements or not, but in general they should apply them (they're recommended), unless they have a reason for doing otherwise.

You often see the word "recommended" used when the user should make a choice during a wizard, for example "Import my e-mail settings (recommended)" or "Don't import anything".

Does "MAFF" means "Mozilla Archive Format File"?

Yes.

At last, I want to release my first "final version" before find a partner. smile.gif

Grts.
Yu Hai

Good, I see the Chinese translation is 100% done and is only waiting for the answers to the above questions and for Quality Assurance. For the questions, I hope the answers are exhaustive, and for the QA feel free to ask on the Chinese forum for the opinion of some experienced translator.

Regards,
Paolo

#26 P.A.

P.A.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 03:59 PM

Oh, yes: I translated "Saved from:" as "Original Address", "Saved on:" as "Saved time" and "(not available)" as "(unknown location)" or "(unknown time)".

Seems fine.

Thank you for all the attention and enthusiasm you're doing this work with! smile.gif

Paolo

#27 P.A.

P.A.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 04:43 PM

Here I am with the latest update to Mozilla Archive Format, the Saved Pages Conversion Wizard. This is a significant update that provides a guided interface for the conversion of previously saved pages, and has been designed with explicative strings.

Have fun! smile.gif

#28 P.A.

P.A.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 08:13 PM

Here are some screenshots of the new wizard, if you want to get an idea of how it is structured before starting the translation:

http://maf.mozdev.or...tml#selectfiles

The usual disclaimer: screenshots are for reference and don't replace good QA with a working extension. smile.gif And you may make use of the occasion to convert your old pages to MAFF wink.gif

#29 renegade06

renegade06

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 251 posts
  • Translator for Macedonian (mk-MK)

Posted 31 December 2009 - 10:13 AM

Locale mk-MK released.

#30 P.A.

P.A.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 05:39 PM

QUOTE (renegade06 @ Dec 31 2009, 10:13) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Locale mk-MK released.

Thank you! I'll include your work in the new version that will be released today. smile.gif

#31 P.A.

P.A.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 05:42 PM

For those who asked wink.gif, here is the source code of the long description of MAF in the Firefox Add-ons website:

This extension enhances the way web pages are saved on your computer.

It provides the following advantages over the built-in save system:
— A complete page can be saved in a <b>single file</b> (web archive)
— You can name files using the <b>title of the page</b> (title save)
— The saved pages are <b>faithful to the original</b> (exact save)

You can view and save MHT (MHTML) files, with <b>excellent compatibility with Internet Explorer</b>;
but more importantly, you can use the <a href="http://maf.mozdev.or...rmat.html">MAFF file format</a>, with the following advantages:
— <b>Save disk space</b>, since MAFF files are compressed
— <b>Include video and audio</b> embedded in the pages
— <b>Be universal</b>, since MAFF is based on ZIP and compatible with Linux and other platforms
— <b>Use an open format</b>, with no risk of vendor lock-in</li>

The MAFF format is exceptional when combined with the built-in browser support for the <b>Ogg Vorbis</b> and <b>Ogg Theora</b> media formats in web pages: you can save everything in a single file. You can even save <b>more than one tab</b> in a single MAFF file.

The MAF extension allows you to <a href="http://maf.mozdev.or...erting">convert your already saved pages</a> to the format of your choice. You can use this feature to save disk space, or even to convert MAFF to the other formats, should you ever decide to go back.

MAF also <a href="http://maf.mozdev.or...">interoperates with other extensions</a>, for example:
— Multiple Tab Handler (easily select the tabs to save)
— UnMHT (additional expert features to read and write MHTML)

The MAF extension is <a href="http://maf.mozdev.or...html">intuitive and easy to use</a>, but empowers you with advanced features: see the <a href="http://maf.mozdev.or...tion.html">user manual</a> if you want to find out more!

<b>Do you think something could be improved?</b> <a href="http://maf.mozdev.or...dback.html">Let us know!</a>

But don't forget to check out the <a href="http://maf.mozdev.org/">latest development version</a> first: maybe the feature you need is <a href="http://maf.mozdev.or...atsnew">already there</a>!

This is the summary of the currently available features:
— Very fast implementation
— Save and load complete web pages using either MAFF or MHTML
— Save all images and styles including second-level imported stylesheets
— Option to use the page title for the suggested save file name
— Convert a saved page (file + folder) to a single file without losing the original information
— Batch-convert multiple saved pages in a folder and all its subfolders
— Save more than one page in a MAFF archive
— Save video and audio in a MAFF archive
— Reopen saved pages from their original web address
— Auto-configure Windows to open MAFF and MHTML files in the browser

#32 chuzo

chuzo

Site Admin

• Admin
  • 1,306 posts
  • Interests:Handball, NBA

• Translator for Spanish (es-ES / Spain)
  • Translation Credits to Proyecto Nave - http://www.proyectonave.es/

Posted 17 January 2010 - 08:28 PM

Hi!!

Here is Spanish locale for long description in AMO site.

Greetings from Spain

Attached Files

#33 P.A.

P.A.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 12:16 AM

QUOTE (chuzo @ Jan 17 2010, 20:28) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Here is Spanish locale for long description in AMO site.

Thank you very much, excellent and fast work! smile.gif I loaded the new description, with one tweak: I read ClickWeather where I expected Multiple Tab Handler, and I replaced it with the latter extension's name (in English only, since adding the translated name too seemed like a repetition in this context).

#34 surefx

surefx

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Translator for Korean (ko-KR)

Posted 18 May 2010 - 07:54 AM

Korean (ko-KR) locale released...

Here is also Korean locale for AMO page

Attached File  maf_AMO_ko_KR.txt   4.07KB   4 downloads

#35 P.A.

P.A.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 10:44 AM

QUOTE (surefx @ May 18 2010, 08:54) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Korean (ko-KR) locale released...

Here is also Korean locale for AMO page

Great! Thank you very much. I'll upload the AMO descriptions now, and the translation will be available in the next release.

#36 derburunduk

derburunduk

• Members
  • 8 posts

• Translator for Russian
  • Translation Credits to Hr. Burunduk

Posted 30 November 2010 - 04:09 AM

Russian (ru-RU) locale is released. This fills one of the last gaps in my Firefox localization. I’m simply tired of waiting for someone else to do the job.

Note: long dates are unreadable in the window which pops up after a mouse click on the address bar icon. It seems as if a wrong codepage is used. I don’t understand why the dates are normal in the details section of the archives dialog but not here, so I only fixed it for myself by setting the short date format in mafInterfaceOverlay.js.

#37 P.A.

P.A.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 12:51 PM

QUOTE (derburunduk @ Nov 30 2010, 05:09) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Russian (ru-RU) locale is released. This fills one of the last gaps in my Firefox localization. I’m simply tired of waiting for someone else to do the job.

Thank you very much for your contribution! It is a pleasant surprise. Your translation will be included in MAF 1.0 alpha 2.

This new version of MAF will also include the complete Czech translation recently released by hooonza.

I hope you will join the translation team for the MAF extension and follow the upcoming updates: MAF 1.0 is going to include further user experience improvements, especially with regard to first installation and basic usage, in line with the direction of Firefox 4.

QUOTE (derburunduk @ Nov 30 2010, 05:09) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Note: long dates are unreadable in the window which pops up after a mouse click on the address bar icon. It seems as if a wrong codepage is used. I don’t understand why the dates are normal in the details section of the archives dialog but not here, so I only fixed it for myself by setting the short date format in mafInterfaceOverlay.js.

This is strange, especially because the dates are provided by the operating system through the same function in both dialogs. If you're interested in helping me figuring this out, please follow-up in the MAF mailing list or newsgroup, specifying the version information for Firefox, MAF and the OS you're using, possibly with a screenshot of the bad characters in the pop-up. Thanks!

#38 Lakrits

Lakrits

Daredevil Test Pilot

• Admin
  • 894 posts
  • Interests:# Science (biology and ecology, mainly botany, mycology, and plant and forest pathology).<br /># Language (words, their use, sounds and flexibility).<br /># Tennis (and almost any other sport, but first and foremost tennis).<br /># Theatrical arts.<br /># … and much more.

• Translator for Swedish (sv-SE)
  • Translation Credits to Mikael Hiort af Ornäs
  • My OS Windows

Posted 04 December 2010 - 09:44 PM

Swedish locale (sv-SE) added and released.
"[…] och han talar med bönder på böndernas sätt
men med lärde män på latin." – Erik Axel Karlfeldt

Lakrits
BabelZilla admin
Moderator for the Swedish BabelZilla forum section

#39 P.A.

P.A.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 12:41 PM

QUOTE (Lakrits @ Dec 4 2010, 22:44) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Swedish locale (sv-SE) added and released.

Another rapid and efficient contribution: thank you very much! It will be released with MAF 1.0 alpha 2 too.

In a week or two I expect to complete the string changes required for Firefox 4 and SeaMonkey compatibility, followed by changes to the preferences window and startup experience. I plan to publish them on BabelZilla all at once, together with the extension's beta release, and as always, in the first release the modified strings will be in English.

#40 P.A.

P.A.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 06:08 PM

The beta version of Mozilla Archive Format 1.0 is now available for translation!

Feedback on the new user experience and welcome page is... welcome smile.gif

Good work!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users