â—¦ MacOS X
â—¦ Linux ( Ubuntu / Mint 10 Julia )

My OpenPGP-Key is stored on: subkeys.pgp.net

#42 derburunduk

derburunduk

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 01:47 AM

The Russian translation has been updated.
$brandShortName won’t be replaced by the actual name below the “Refresh File Associations” label in the options dialog. I have translated it as “your browser” for now.

#43 Calimo

Calimo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 10:43 AM

Fr translation done but not released because of two things:

- The welcome page (chrome://maf/content/frontend/welcomePage.xhtml) shows an ugly missing entity error. This is because chrome://maf/locale/welcomePage.dtd does not exist. I have translated it but somehow when I download the locales the welcomePage.dtd isn't included (I used to download only my locale, but now I can't find this option anymore? I need to download all locales, and it looks fairly buggy).
- As noted by derburunduk I can see some $brandShortName (in Options > Actions > action.showwelcomepageassociate.description for instance).
Admin of Geckozone - Liberté d'extension and french translator.

#44 Goofy

Goofy

Advanced Member

• Super Mod
  • 8437 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 11:26 AM

QUOTE (Calimo @ Dec 23 2010, 10:43) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Fr translation done but not released because of two things:

- The welcome page (chrome://maf/content/frontend/welcomePage.xhtml) shows an ugly missing entity error. This is because chrome://maf/locale/welcomePage.dtd does not exist. I have translated it but somehow when I download the locales the welcomePage.dtd isn't included (I used to download only my locale, but now I can't find this option anymore? I need to download all locales, and it looks fairly buggy).

1. http://www.babelzilla.org/index.php?option...5&type=show
2. Attached File  Capture.png   6.45KB   8 downloads
(welcomePage.dtd included)
Think Global, Make Locales!

Sometimes I am on irc://moznet/BabelZilla
but you can also drop a word in the shoutbox

#45 P.A.

P.A.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 06:47 PM

QUOTE (derburunduk @ Dec 21 2010, 02:47) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
$brandShortName won’t be replaced by the actual name below the “Refresh File Associations” label in the options dialog. I have translated it as “your browser” for now.

This is fixed in 1.0b2, thank you!

#46 P.A.

P.A.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 06:56 PM

QUOTE (Calimo @ Dec 23 2010, 11:43) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This appears to be a bug in the Web Translation System: the file is present, but misplaced.

I too was worried when I updated the locales the first time and saw that the three files that were added in 1.0b1 were missing from each locale. Then I found that they were actually archived in a subfolder of the archive, called "locale". I manually copied the contents of the "locale" folder to the root, and it worked correctly: no string was missing.

#47 markh

markh

BZ Jungle Guide

• Admin
  • 4070 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 10:25 AM

QUOTE (P.A. @ Dec 31 2010, 18:56) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This appears to be a bug in the Web Translation System: the file is present, but misplaced.

I too was worried when I updated the locales the first time and saw that the three files that were added in 1.0b1 were missing from each locale. Then I found that they were actually archived in a subfolder of the archive, called "locale". I manually copied the contents of the "locale" folder to the root, and it worked correctly: no string was missing.

Sorry, but I cannot reproduce this. Every type of download has all files in the root folder. It may have been a bug that has been fixed.
While the bankers all get their bonuses I’ll just get along with what I’ve got

#48 P.A.

P.A.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 03:39 PM

QUOTE (markh @ Jan 1 2011, 11:25) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry, but I cannot reproduce this. Every type of download has all files in the root folder. It may have been a bug that has been fixed.

Now this works for me too. Excluding that the bug was fixed yesterday wink.gif, either (1) the bug was fixed previously and uploading MAF 1.0b2wts yesterday triggered the fix and restored the correct behavior, or (2) the bug is still present and was originally triggered by something with the 1.0b1wts upload (like the presence of new locale files absent from the previous version) which is not the case anymore with the 1.0b2wts upload.

For what it's worth, I double-checked the 1.0b1wts XPI archive I uploaded and verified that all the files are in the correct location.

In any case, thank you for helping out by investigating the issue! I'll write a report with more details in case the bug reappears, but this might be far in the future as I don't plan to add new locale files for some time.

#49 Atlanx

Atlanx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 10:22 PM

Visit Website (Webseite Besuchen)-Text is cut on MacOS (Maf V 1.0b2 - German Translation)
Attached File  Bildschirmfoto_2011_01_15_um_22.21.10.png   109.88KB   15 downloads

#50 ReinekeFux

ReinekeFux

Advanced Member

• BabelZillian Mods
  • 155 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 03:07 AM

Hi Paolo,

while testing the German locale for MAF, I stumbled upon the context menu for entries in the archive dialog.
Besides the fact that the menu isn't displayed properly (see attached image) I think the last entry might be a bit problematic.
Obviously it's pulled from Firefox' native history context menu, but does this really make sense here?
At least I wouldn't expect that my whole archive list gets cleared when choosing it, so wouldn't it be better to turn this into an item of it's own called something like "Clear list" or "Remove all entries"?
Or even better, remove it from the menu at all since it's not really related to a single entry and place it beneath the list window as a button instead?

Just my 2 cents...

Attached Files

Regards, Oliver

ReinekeFux is a member of Team erweiterungen.de

#51 P.A.

P.A.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 11:49 AM

QUOTE (Atlanx @ Jan 15 2011, 23:22) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Visit Website (Webseite Besuchen)-Text is cut on MacOS (Maf V 1.0b2 - German Translation)
Attached File  Bildschirmfoto_2011_01_15_um_22.21.10.png   109.88KB   15 downloads

Thanks, it seems a severe version of a kind of Firefox layout bug I've observed before. I'll try and see if there is a way to work around it.

#52 P.A.

P.A.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 12:07 PM

QUOTE (ReinekeFux @ Jan 20 2011, 04:07) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
while testing the German locale for MAF, I stumbled upon the context menu for entries in the archive dialog.
Besides the fact that the menu isn't displayed properly (see attached image)

Yes, the context menu has the same weird appearance for me too. I didn't spend time on fixing it, knowing that styles in Firefox 4 have not been finalized and thus the problem might disappear without any intervention. If it persists in beta 10, however, I really have to find a workaround biggrin.gif

I think the last entry might be a bit problematic.
Obviously it's pulled from Firefox' native history context menu, but does this really make sense here?

Clearly not. The entire context menu is provided by Mozilla infrastructure, I'll see if the item can be removed.

At least I wouldn't expect that my whole archive list gets cleared when choosing it, so wouldn't it be better to turn this into an item of it's own called something like "Clear list" or "Remove all entries"?

This is not really the behavior I'd have expected... but probably Firefox considers "file://" as a single site and thus all opened archives are removed. This is another point that makes me think the menu entry should be removed. I'm not sure if I can do that for the next MAF beta; if not, I should be able to do it for the one after that.

Just my 2 cents...

Thanks for your feedback, it's very helpful. Don't hesitate to report other issues if you find any :-)

#53 P.A.

P.A.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 05:34 PM

QUOTE (Atlanx @ Jan 15 2011, 23:22) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I expect this to be fixed by Mozilla Archive Format 1.0 beta 3, but I'm not sure since on Windows I couldn't reproduce the original problem. Let me know if it's fixed for you!

#54 P.A.

P.A.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 05:38 PM

QUOTE (P.A. @ Jan 23 2011, 13:07) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think the last entry might be a bit problematic.

Clearly not. The entire context menu is provided by Mozilla infrastructure, I'll see if the item can be removed.

Fixed in 1.0b3. Thanks!

#55 Atlanx

Atlanx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 01:48 PM

QUOTE (P.A. @ Jan 23 2011, 17:34) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I expect this to be fixed by Mozilla Archive Format 1.0 beta 3, but I'm not sure since on Windows I couldn't reproduce the original problem. Let me know if it's fixed for you!

Sorry - in Beta 3 it disappears completely:

Attached Files

#56 P.A.

P.A.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 08:10 PM

QUOTE (Atlanx @ Jan 24 2011, 14:48) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry - in Beta 3 it disappears completely:

This is really mysterious. The strange thing is that the window size seems to be calculated correctly, and space reserved for the label. I have no clear idea on what could be causing this bug unsure.gif

Is the behavior the same if you close and reopen the dialog while a different preference pane is displayed? I ask because the window resizing function might be affected by which pane is displayed at startup. It's the only thing to try that comes to my mind, without modifying the extension.

If you can make modifications to "prefsDialog.xul", maybe there's another test to do. It's just based on hacks I've seen in the main Mozilla source code tree. You could try replacing this...

CODE
<prefpane id= "paneActions"
label="&pane.actions.label;"
>

...with this...

CODE
<prefpane id= "paneActions"
label="&pane.actions.label;"
flex="1"
>

...and maybe do the same for the other preference panes. If this doesn't work, then I'm afraid Mac users won't have the option to visit the website!

#57 Atlanx

Atlanx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 05:30 PM

Sorry - was at holiday - now back

#58 Atlanx

Atlanx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 03:09 PM

Ok, little failures fixed and improved usability of german translation.

Released. You can update german translation with next release of Mozilla Archive Format Add-on.

^^/

#59 x10firefox

x10firefox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 12:36 PM

Hi

The Romanian translation has been released.

Could you make possible the choosing of the MAF icon position in the location bar? I wish I could move the pictogram to the right side of bar, next to the other icons.
Attached File  maff.PNG   47.6KB   5 downloads

Thanks a lot!
- Cătălin

#60 P.A.

P.A.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 11:55 AM

QUOTE (x10firefox @ Sep 25 2012, 13:36) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The Romanian translation has been released.

Thank you very much! Version 3.0 alpha 2 was just released on the Preview Channel on the official site, including your new translation as well as all the other updated translations.

QUOTE (x10firefox @ Sep 25 2012, 13:36) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Could you make possible the choosing of the MAF icon position in the location bar? I wish I could move the pictogram to the right side of bar, next to the other icons.
Attached File  maff.PNG   47.6KB   5 downloads

This is part of the changes planned to better support newer versions of Firefox and SeaMonkey. It is consistent with the new add-on user interface guidelines. The new position will not be customizable, but it will meet your expectations :-)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users