• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#61 P.A.

P.A.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 23 September 2017 - 12:33 PM

I am looking for translators for the most recent and last major update of the Mozilla Archive Format add-on. This update will inform and help users who may need to move to other solutions before updating Firefox in November.

The top five languages that are still in need of a translation are Russian, German, Spanish, French, and Chinese (Simplified). I have opened all of the unfinished translations for new contributors to join.

Big thanks to [member='ranvis'] (for Japanese), [member='HrantOhanyan'] (for Armenian), [member='JZsolt'] (for Hungarian), [member='Klofutar'] (for Slovenian), and the new translator [member='Phoenix'] (for Swedish) who already posted their updates!

Also, I want to take this opportunity to say thank you again to all the other translators who contributed over the years to make this add-on available to users in 22 different languages. If you are one of these people, I've already sent you a thank you message through the BabelZilla contact system, but if you're reading this and you've not received it, feel free to connect on the forum or via e-mail at http://maf.mozdev.org/feedback.html. I don't know if the contact system is still reliable these days.

To anyone else who feels like they can contribute, feel free to join at any time, it will be much appreciated! The new version of the add-on will guide users through the conversion of their previously saved pages to a format that can be opened easily with future versions of Firefox. It will be much better for users to see this in their preferred language!

Thank you,
Paolo

#62 P.A.

P.A.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 10:34 AM

Thank you to [member='Atlanx'] for providing the German translation, which is now released together with the others in version 5.0 of Mozilla Archive Format.

On October 14 or shortly after, most people using the add-on on the Firefox Release channel will see the new startup page that allows them to start the conversion of their previously saved pages more easily. Due to the importance of this message, in this remaining week I'm also looking for translators for the remaining top languages through other venues, with automatic translation as a final resort.

I'll update the BabelZilla localization files with the new strings, but I'll leave these translations in the "testing/QA" state. Since Mozilla Archive Format will be supported on Firefox Extended Support Release and SeaMonkey until June 2018, further contributions for translation and review are still very welcome.

And now it's time for a final thank you to the BabelZilla community, including translators, administrators, and site developers, for providing this great and unique service to add-on developers that made the difference for many users of Firefox, Thunderbird, SeaMonkey, and many other products based on Mozilla technology, all around the world.

#63 Goofy

Goofy

Advanced Member

• Super Mod
  • 8437 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 02:13 PM

Hi

Sorry to be late on this, I just updated the French (fr) version and tested it ok with Firefox 56

We are quite sorry and disappointed that legacy extensions such as yours won't be available in future Firefox versions. Thanks for taking care of users data with this conversion process.

Think Global, Make Locales!

Sometimes I am on irc://moznet/BabelZilla
but you can also drop a word in the shoutbox

#64 derburunduk

derburunduk

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 October 2017 - 09:45 PM

I had no time to test the Russian translation a few days ago. The status was "testing" but I've found it changed to "released" today. I've made some corrections and tested the translation. Could you update it? Sorry for the inconvenience.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users