• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 08:13 AM

Creator: Lyle G. Arnot M.
Ext. Version: 0.9.9.3

Extension is compatible to:
Thunderbird: 2.0.0.14 - 2.0.0.20
Included locales: en-US es-ES fi-FI fr-FR ja-JP ru-RU
Description: SugarCRM Extension for Thunderbird by Asertiva Cia. Ltda.

View on WTS -- Download the extension

Edited by larnot, 31 December 2008 - 01:58 AM.

#2 Goofy

Goofy

Advanced Member

• Super Mod
  • 8437 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 08:32 AM

welcomeani.gif on this site

Just a few information for you: in case you have some curiosities about the WTS, you may find here short and simple Questions&Answers about it!

Now translators will add their work on the WTS and you will be notified, but in case you're looking for some specific translator, please see the list of the available translators on BabelZilla.
Selected that desired one, you may send him a P.M. or an e-mail (if and when public).

You may also insert a new Topic in the Help Section, in order to ask for specific translations, to write a general request about missing translations, etc.

------------ two extra side notes

1. As this extension is closely linked to a commercial product, would you please tell us if it will remain a free and open source product. We have nothing against the idea of making profit with extensions, but we wish the developers to explain their intention, so that volunteer translators can choose to provide their work or not, each of them being free to decide smile.gif

2. The version for Tunderbird and the one for Firefox may have a good number of strings in common, would you please tell us which files (if any) could be uploaded directly once they are translated for one of the 2 apps?

smile.gif
Think Global, Make Locales!

Sometimes I am on irc://moznet/BabelZilla
but you can also drop a word in the shoutbox

#3 larnot

larnot

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 09:00 AM

Hi Goofy,

Thanks for the info, I just let anyone knows that I'll only use/accept translators that contact me from the sugarcrm forgesite and how are working with me. I have some people interested in translate in their language and agree to translate private/commercial parts/string from a future (maybe never released) commercial version. Anyone interested will be aware of that.

I'm testing the site, but I found 2 critical problems that makes it useless. I can't use subdirectories under location dirs on each locale, for example:

locale/en-US/default.dtd
locale/en-US/browser/default.dtd

the system doesn't make a difference of which file I'm uploading and break the translation. Any idea how to correct that without re-factor the extension????

Now I have problems with the spanish translation of the Thunderbird Extension, and to make it worst I can't delete a translation (that should be done from each extension administration).

One more question, I need to upload the extension previous the release?? I don't want to upload a working and not finish version to start the translation, but I need to keep uploading some progress (maybe more strings), so the question is: I can upload a .xpi with the locales definition only?? or it's not allowed?? I made a test and it works...

Thanks for the info and the help

Lyle

#4 Goofy

Goofy

Advanced Member

• Super Mod
  • 8437 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 09:15 AM

QUOTE (larnot @ Dec 29 2008, 09:00) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Goofy,

Thanks for the info, I just let anyone knows that I'll only use/accept translators that contact me from the sugarcrm forgesite and how are working with me. I have some people interested in translate in their language and agree to translate private/commercial parts/string from a future (maybe never released) commercial version. Anyone interested will be aware of that.

OK no problem then smile.gif
Just tell the volunteers you know to register, they are welcome.

I'm testing the site, but I found 2 critical problems that makes it useless. I can't use subdirectories under location dirs on each locale, for example:

locale/en-US/default.dtd
locale/en-US/browser/default.dtd

the system doesn't make a difference of which file I'm uploading and break the translation. Any idea how to correct that without re-factor the extension????

No, there will be no problem with subdirectories (we host here Spicebird and Komodo langpacks which have heaps of embedded subdirectories without prob)
The files are displayed "flat" for the transltors' convenience, but once you will gather translations (downloading the done job) the initial structure of directories will be restored/preserved automatically.
Now I have problems with the spanish translation of the Thunderbird Extension, and to make it worst I can't delete a translation (that should be done from each extension administration).

If you wish a translation to be erased, just tell one admin adn it is done asap
For the moment, we do not allow translators to do it by themselves.

One more question, I need to upload the extension previous the release?? I don't want to upload a working and not finish version to start the translation, but I need to keep uploading some progress (maybe more strings), so the question is: I can upload a .xpi with the locales definition only?? or it's not allowed?? I made a test and it works...

Yes you can submit as many times you wish with in progress versions, it does not matter if translations are uncomplete or if localization is uncomplete (though of course it is more satisfying for everyone when this part is decently done)
If you submit again with a modified version, it will be considered as an update as long as you have the same extension ID.
But please be careful: always include previous existing translations (even uncomplete) in your update (with valid path in chrome manifest for each locale).
Think Global, Make Locales!

Sometimes I am on irc://moznet/BabelZilla
but you can also drop a word in the shoutbox

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users