• BabelZillian Mods
  • 1437 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 03:42 PM

Maintainer: teo
Creator: Leszek(teo)Życzkowski

Ext. Version: 1.4.6
Release date: 0000-00-00
Description: Slideshow for picture attachments
Extension is compatible to: ( 3.0 - 11.0a1)

Included locales: bg-BG de en-US es-ES fr he pl pt-BR pt-PT ru-RU sr sv-SE tr uk-UA zh-CN

View on WTS -- Download the extension

Edited by teo, 28 November 2011 - 10:47 PM.

Teo

#2 cameleon

cameleon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 03:51 PM

I am not the initial developer of this Add-on, but I have contact him to continue his work as he don't work on it anymore. The first thing I want to do is to localize it, so I upload the 1.0 version on babelzilla. Unfortunately, it doesn't seems to detect any string, and I have no idea why... Hope someone can help...?

#3 Goofy

Goofy

Advanced Member

• Super Mod
  • 8437 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 04:33 PM

QUOTE (cameleon @ Feb 14 2009, 15:51) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am not the initial developer of this Add-on, but I have contact him to continue his work as he don't work on it anymore. The first thing I want to do is to localize it, so I upload the 1.0 version on babelzilla. Unfortunately, it doesn't seems to detect any string, and I have no idea why... Hope someone can help...?

ehm leave me 10 minutes to make some tests.
At first glance it is strange you use slideshowski instead of slideshow in the chrome.manifest. Also there is no chrome folder in your xpi...
Think Global, Make Locales!

Sometimes I am on irc://moznet/BabelZilla
but you can also drop a word in the shoutbox

#4 Goofy

Goofy

Advanced Member

• Super Mod
  • 8437 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 04:57 PM

sorry I made various attempts without success.There should be a problem in the path but I cannot see which.

I attach here the error output on submission and my test (failing) version so that our Tech admin may (or may not) have some solution
Uploading slideshow_goofytest2.xpi OK
Extracting slideshow_goofytest2.xpi FAILED
OK
Parsing install.rdf
Warning: unlink() [function.unlink]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/) is not within the allowed path(s): (/var/www/virtual/babelzilla.org/:/usr/share/php/:/tmp) in /var/www/virtual/babelzilla.org/htdocs/components/com_include/include.php on line 124

Attached Files

#5 teo

teo

XUL Warrior & Layout Fakir

• BabelZillian Mods
  • 1437 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 09:28 PM

QUOTE (cameleon @ Feb 14 2009, 15:51) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

One year ago I made full localization for my private use. If you want get this, I can send you mine version.
Teo

#6 cameleon

cameleon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 09:51 PM

Hi Teo,
Yes, sure I am interested! You can send it on BabelZilla or to el.cameleon.1 at gmail

Thanks to all for your help. I hope we will soon find an issue.

#7 Goofy

Goofy

Advanced Member

• Super Mod
  • 8437 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 12:02 AM

QUOTE (cameleon @ Feb 14 2009, 21:51) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Teo,
Yes, sure I am interested! You can send it on BabelZilla or to el.cameleon.1 at gmail

Your extension has been submitted "manually" by our tech admin, while he is trying to understand the issue, so the files are now ready for translation on the WTS smile.gif

#8 teo

teo

• BabelZillian Mods
  • 1437 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 02:45 AM

QUOTE (cameleon @ Feb 14 2009, 21:51) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Teo,

Hi cameleon,
I was made some changes today. You can check my version by downloading from this place.

Attached Files

Teo

#9 cameleon

cameleon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 08:18 AM

QUOTE (teo @ Feb 15 2009, 03:45) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi cameleon,
I was made some changes today. You can check my version by downloading from this place.

Hi Teo,
Can you please describe me the change you have made? It seems that you have corrected some error into the add-on, like:
- chrome.manifest
- add a chrome folder,

Can you explain a little bit more what you have done? Maybe your version is better than the original 1.0 version?

#10 cameleon

cameleon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 08:28 AM

QUOTE (Goofy @ Feb 15 2009, 01:02) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Your extension has been submitted "manually" by our tech admin, while he is trying to understand the issue, so the files are now ready for translation on the WTS smile.gif
Thanks Goofy, I see that there are already some locale that were added!

#11 teo

teo

• BabelZillian Mods
  • 1437 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 10:33 AM

QUOTE (cameleon @ Feb 15 2009, 08:18) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Teo,
Can you explain a little bit more what you have done? Maybe your version is better than the original 1.0 version?

Yes, I made many changes. First of all, extension have proper structure and is fully localized. I made:
  • changed name folder from slideshowski to slideshow
  • corrected all files with this name
  • added 'defaults' folder (for localize extension description)
  • moved JS script from XUL file to separate file
  • changed some entity names
  • added tooltips and acceskeys
  • added 'slideshow.properties' file for localize strings from .js file
  • cleaned extension (removed redundant files)
  • added extension icon
  • menubar working

IMHO my version is much better than original, but pay attention that this version was made for my private using and some functions can't working (probably copy image).
Teo

#12 cameleon

cameleon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 12:40 PM

QUOTE (teo @ Feb 15 2009, 11:33) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, I made many changes. First of all, extension have proper structure and is fully localized. I made:[list]
(...)
IMHO my version is much better than original, but pay attention that this version was made for my private using and some functions can't working (probably copy image).
OK, I try a little and I agree your version is better. Unfortunaltely, "copy" does not work (but isn't very usefull) and I got a crash when I try to save all the images (on TB3beta2)... I suggest the following plan:
- we make some more test with your version, and suppress the actions that doesn't works but are not very usefull
- propose this new version for localization on babelzilla
- when we have enough localizations, propose this version on Mozilla Add-on (if you are interested, I can add you to the list of developper of Slideshow, as you seems more experimented than me in development wink.gif

What do you think of this proposal?

#13 Sappa

Sappa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 02:09 PM

Hi,

Ukrainian (uk-UA) locale released.

Best regards!
Що маємо те маємо!

#14 teo

teo

• BabelZillian Mods
  • 1437 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 02:38 PM

QUOTE (cameleon @ Feb 15 2009, 12:40) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
OK, I try a little and I agree your version is better. Unfortunaltely, "copy" does not work (but isn't very usefull) and I got a crash when I try to save all the images (on TB3beta2)... I suggest the following plan:
- we make some more test with your version, and suppress the actions that doesn't works but are not very usefull
- propose this new version for localization on babelzilla
- when we have enough localizations, propose this version on Mozilla Add-on (if you are interested, I can add you to the list of developper of Slideshow, as you seems more experimented than me in development wink.gif

Your plane is OK. I'm 'XUL Warrior & Layout Fakir', but not JS coder. If you experienced in JS, please try correct issues, maybe all features will be working. If you want, you can add me as developer. I can working for better display slideshow window.

Teo

#15 teo

teo

• BabelZillian Mods
  • 1437 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 03:17 PM

QUOTE (cameleon @ Feb 15 2009, 12:40) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I got a crash when I try to save all the images (on TB3beta2)...

I made little investigation in Tb3 and with this version 'Save all...' feature not working. If you want save many attachments, you have to select attachments with Shift and save. So for Tb3 feature 'Save all…' should be disabled by JS code.

Teo

#16 teo

teo

• BabelZillian Mods
  • 1437 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 04:51 PM

I some fought with this extension. In the attached file you can see what can do my sword. Catch your eye on all buttons. smile.gif

Attached Files

Teo

#17 cameleon

cameleon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 05:28 PM

QUOTE (teo @ Feb 16 2009, 17:51) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I some fought with this extension. In the attached file you can see what can do my sword. Catch your eye on all buttons. smile.gif

It is great! Thanks for that. Just one thing: it is not very usefull to have a button for exiting Thunderbird...

I will try to do some more test during this week and then we can propose your version on babelzilla before submitting it on Mozilla Add-ons (maybe next we?).

Actually I don't have many time with an internet connections so don't be surprise if I answer late to your post...

#18 teo

teo

• BabelZillian Mods
  • 1437 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 05:34 PM

QUOTE (cameleon @ Feb 17 2009, 17:28) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It is great! Thanks for that. Just one thing: it is not very usefull to have a button for exiting Thunderbird...

IMHO is very useful. When I end watch images and don't want read next messages I can quickly exit Thunderbird.
Teo

#19 cameleon

cameleon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 08:52 AM

My comments after more test on your last version:

Problem With TB2 and TB3:
- copy doesn't work => suppress it?
- the new button to launch the slideshow is too little I believe, the user would maybe not see it...

Problem with TB3 only:
- save all image crash TB => suppress it?
- save image doesn't work (bad name message)

So if you simply suppress the copy fonction (which is not very usefull), we would have a good candidate for localisation and then update on AMO, where there is still no version compatible with TB2!!! Compatibility with TB3 can come a little bit latter...

#20 teo

teo

• BabelZillian Mods
  • 1437 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 12:05 PM

First of all, I wrote you, I'm not JS coder. I made layout improvements.

QUOTE (cameleon @ Feb 18 2009, 08:52) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Problem With TB2 and TB3:
- copy doesn't work => suppress it?
- the new button to launch the slideshow is too little I believe, the user would maybe not see it...

I prepared XUL code for implement JS code for copying. You can add this code or I can remove this feature.
This button is specialy little for take less place. The old was depended translation and could be very wide. If you want I can add to Customize... menu big (24x24) button for toolbar, but imho this is redundand because button for slideshow should be together with attachments.

Problem with TB3 only:
- save all image crash TB => suppress it?

Write JS code for disabling this feature if extension installed in Tb3.

- save image doesn't work (bad name message)

Correct JS code. I try take a look in JS code.

Teo

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

CCBot (1)