• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Serevinus

Serevinus

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 February 2009 - 01:56 PM

Main translation thread for Viral Threat Level

QUOTE (Summary - Limited to 250 characters)
VTL adds an image to the status bar indicating the current threat level of the internet, for example the prevalence of malware, viruses etc. It also allows quick access to security information that you can use to help protect yourself against attack.

QUOTE (Description)
VTL adds a simple image to the Firefox status bar, indicating the current threat level of the internet, for example the prevalence of malware, viruses etc. It also allows you quick access to security information that you can use to help protect yourself against attack or infection.

Version 0.5 has now been released, and is now available here.

Version 0.6 is currently in the planning stage.

--News editor(s) required
I am thinking about adding a news feature to 0.6, but in order to do this I would need someone (or a small group of people) to spend a little time, on a regular basis, searching the internet for important or interesting security news. I am especially interested in people that already have a good understanding of how to stay safe online (security analysts maybe?), but anyone is welcome to apply.
VTL will probably display the latest 3 news items, with a full history accessible via the website, you will of course get full credit (and the warm fuzzy satisfaction of helping people stay safe) for the work that you do.
Please note that all news items will be in English in 0.6, I will research how to implement other languages for 0.7.
If you are interested, please post a message in the support thread or send me a message via the forum, you can find a link to the support forum below.

QUOTE (Developer Comments)
Based on UK Threat Level by Devin Kinder.

There are no known bugs at this time.

Please don't add support requests here as you will be unlikely to receive a swift response, see the support section above for the forum and email address.

My summary is already 250 characters, so if the translated summery is more than 250 characters, you will need to change the wording to make it fit.

Thanks

#2 markh

markh

BZ Jungle Guide

• Admin
  • 4070 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 09:30 AM

Here’s for Dutch:
[attachment=100001959:VTL_AMO_nl.txt.TXT]
By the way, a small typo in the English description: languates > languages
While the bankers all get their bonuses I’ll just get along with what I’ve got

#3 Serevinus

Serevinus

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 03:46 PM

Thanks Mark
Mistake corrected

I will close this topic off, as I have done what you suggested and included the strings in the xpi

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

CCBot (1)