Advanced Member

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 20 August 2009 - 06:38 PM

Maintainer: oeekker
Creator: Onno Ekker

Ext. Version: 0.19
Release date: 2016-04-04
Description: Add Inline / As Attachment option to Forward button and Message context menu
Extension is compatible to: ( 1.5 - 47.0a2)

Included locales: ar bg cs da de el en-US es-ES fi fr fy-NL he hu it ja ko lt nb-NO nl no-NO pl pt-BR pt-PT ru sk sq sr sv-SE tr uk-UA vi zh-CN zh-TW

View on WTS -- Download the extension

Edited by oeekker, 04 April 2016 - 03:04 PM.

#2 markh

markh

BZ Jungle Guide

• Admin
  • 4070 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 07:58 AM

Hey, only now I notice that nobody has said welcomeani.gif with this extension!
While the bankers all get their bonuses I’ll just get along with what I’ve got

#3 DakSrbija

DakSrbija

Advanced Member

• BabelZillian Mods
  • 422 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 05:30 PM

Serbian (sr-RS) localization has been released biggrin.gif

#4 erglo

erglo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 09 October 2009 - 10:06 AM

German locale (de-DE) added, tested and released.

Nice little add-on! rockon.gif

#5 longnh

longnh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 07:46 AM

Vietnamese language is now available. rolleyes.gif

#6 renegade06

renegade06

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 04 January 2010 - 05:15 PM

Locale mk-MK added.

#7 Joergen

Joergen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 406 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 10:26 PM

Hi Onno Ekker

A Danish (da-DK) version of Forward has been released.

Shouldn't the strings in toolbar button be the same as in the button in the header?

Joergen

#8 oeekker

oeekker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 07:48 PM

QUOTE (Joergen @ Jan 10 2010, 22:26) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Shouldn't the strings in toolbar button be the same as in the button in the header?

In default en-US locale the strings are the same, except for that the strings in the header are all lowercase...

#9 Joergen

Joergen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 406 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 01:58 AM

Hi Onno Ekker

Sorry for my late reply. I hadn't noticed your reply before now.

QUOTE (oeekker @ Jan 19 2010, 19:48) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In default en-US locale the strings are the same, except for that the strings in the header are all lowercase...

This is causing problems in the Danish version of Forward. You have given the localizers the ability to decide the content of the strings in the header. Why not let us do the same with the strings in the toolbar button? In the Danish language there is no single word for "Inline". Instead it is translated as "As a part of the message itself ". And "As attachment" is translated as "As an attached file". This means that now the strings in the toolbar button is:
"Forward A part of the message itself" and
"Forward Attached file".
As you hopefully can see from this, the Danish strings in the Toolbar button are missing the word "As" and the subsequent words should be in lower case.
I hope you will consider letting the localizers of the add-on decide the content of the strings. Isn't that what l10n is all about?

Joergen

#10 oeekker

oeekker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 07:38 PM

QUOTE (Joergen @ Feb 13 2010, 01:58) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is causing problems in the Danish version of Forward. You have given the localizers the ability to decide the content of the strings in the header. Why not let us do the same with the strings in the toolbar button? In the Danish language there is no single word for "Inline". Instead it is translated as "As a part of the message itself ". And "As attachment" is translated as "As an attached file". This means that now the strings in the toolbar button is:
"Forward A part of the message itself" and
"Forward Attached file".
As you hopefully can see from this, the Danish strings in the Toolbar button are missing the word "As" and the subsequent words should be in lower case.
I hope you will consider letting the localizers of the add-on decide the content of the strings. Isn't that what l10n is all about?

I originally started with re-using the strings from Tools|Options|Composition|General|Forward messages.
This was good, because my extension was immediately localized the right way.
From what I understand, this doesn't work too well for Danish string, because a word is missing.
I'm not too sure how to correct this. When I add two strings for the toolbar button, they will become default en-US for all missing locales, which I don't want.
I'll see if I can somehow add those strings and make them optional...

#11 Joergen

Joergen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 406 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 04:57 PM

Hi oeekker

I took two screen shots to better explain my problem.
The first is from the header button. This is correct in the Danish version.
The second is from the toolbar button. This is, as you can see, different from the first one and the strings are wrong.
Both pictures are from Forward ver 0.9a1.

Joergen

Attached Files

#12 oeekker

oeekker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 05:06 PM

Hi Joergen,
I tried to make 2 optional strings, but babelzilla filters them out as they are not included in the en-US locale sad.gif
I'll see if I can do it better in 0.9a2...
Onno

#13 Joergen

Joergen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 406 posts

Posted 27 February 2010 - 08:15 PM

Hi oeekker

The Danish Ver. 0.9a2 works perfect.

Thank you for making the extra effort, so the Danish version would work too. rockon.gif

Joergen

#14 oeekker

oeekker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 01:53 PM

Hello,
Especially for the Lithuanian locale I've added the strings for the Message Context menu to the list of strings to be translated. If you don't translate these strings, they will be taken from the menu Message | Forward As | Inline / Attachment. Hope you all can make the effort to update your locale.
Onno

#15 alfapegasi

alfapegasi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 12:21 AM

I could take over the "tr" translation which has been left alone for a long time.

cheers,

Sinan.

#16 oeekker

oeekker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 09:50 AM

QUOTE (alfapegasi @ Dec 6 2011, 00:21) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I could take over the "tr" translation which has been left alone for a long time.

Hi alfapegasi,
Thank you for the offer. I only sent out an update request last week, so I'd like to give my current translators a little more time to react. If I don't get a reply from DepressiveGuN soon, I'll open up the Turkish translation for you...
Onno

#17 erglo

erglo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 12:03 PM

German locale (de) updated, tested and released.

PS. The default translation (leaving strings blank) didn't work. That's why I had to translate all strings.

#18 oeekker

oeekker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 11:31 AM

QUOTE (erglo @ Dec 11 2011, 12:03) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
PS. The default translation (leaving strings blank) didn't work. That's why I had to translate all strings.

Did you leave the strings blank? That won't work, unless you download the localization with missing strings skipped. If the strings are missing from the forward.properties file, my extension will use the strings as mentioned in the comments. I have tested this with default English localization and with my Dutch localization and it both works. Of course when you do this, your translation will show as only 50% or even 33% complete, but it should be possible to release the translation like that... If the strings are in the file but empty, my extension will probably just show empty strings.

#19 erglo

erglo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 06:30 PM

QUOTE (oeekker @ Dec 12 2011, 11:31) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Did you leave the strings blank? That won't work, unless you download the localization with missing strings skipped. If the strings are missing from the forward.properties file, my extension will use the strings as mentioned in the comments. I have tested this with default English localization and with my Dutch localization and it both works. Of course when you do this, your translation will show as only 50% or even 33% complete, but it should be possible to release the translation like that... If the strings are in the file but empty, my extension will probably just show empty strings.

Thanks for the hint, I didn't realize that.
I re-updated the strings, tested them and everything seems to work properly now.
rockon.gif

#20 ibraheem_alex

ibraheem_alex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 11:24 PM

Arabic local (ar) released.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

CCBot (1)