Cyan

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 07:29 PM

Maintainer: Cyan
Creator: Cyan

Ext. Version: 1.0.2b
Release date: 0000-00-00
Description: Automatically select the destination folder for your download, matching the filename and domain.
Extension is compatible to: ( 1.5 - 4.0.*)

Included locales: de en-US es-ES fr it pt-BR ru sv-SE zh-CN zh-TW

View on WTS -- Download the extension

Edited by Cyan, 21 November 2010 - 09:49 PM.

#2 Cyan

Cyan

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 07:39 PM

DO NOT TRANSLATE this add-on on babelzilla, see bellow for details

Hi smile.gif

Update 21 nov. 2010 :
Last year, WTS had a bug on parsing the locales.
So I contacted Fenian and sent to him the fixes.
few month ago I contacted him, and he said it's was now corrected so I'm posting the new revision of my add-on on babelzilla.

I hope it will work fine.

- Update 21 nov. 2010 :
EDIT :

It seems the WTS is still having a line feed bug.
It adds more lines than needed :(

Either :
1 - Wait for a WTS fix
2 - Edit all the already translated locales and remove the unnecessary empty lines manually.
3 - Translate the files manually and send them to me via e-mail or upload them somewhere.

- Update 22 nov. 2010 :
EDIT 2 :
The WTS is still cropping lines too, there are a lot of missing sentences in the base english text, so you can't translate the add-on fully.

DO NOT TRANSLATE online, you are missing a lot of text.

Either :
1 - Wait for a WTS Fix (that bug was already present 1 year ago so.... maybe it won't be fixed)
2 - Translate the files manually and send them to me via e-mail or upload them somewhere.

Thank you, and sorry for the inconvenience.

#3 Lakrits

Lakrits

Daredevil Test Pilot

• Admin
  • 894 posts

Posted 17 November 2010 - 11:51 PM

Swedish locale (sv-SE) added and released.

The indication in WTS, that there's still one untranslated string in the about.dtd file, is due to that I have translated a newer version of ASF than the one provided via BabelZilla. It's 100 % up to date.
"[…] och han talar med bönder på böndernas sätt
men med lärde män på latin." – Erik Axel Karlfeldt

Lakrits
BabelZilla admin
Moderator for the Swedish BabelZilla forum section

#4 Cyan

Cyan

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 07:29 PM

Thank you smile.gif

I'm almost done releasing 1.0.2 (but I'm slow at developing the addon).
Some strings are now deleted (I removed some unneeded stuff, like the slashes around regular expressions filters), and added more user preferences.
There will need 3 more pictures too.

I merged your version in the latest svn on my google code page, and replaced missing string with english, so you can try it.

Another thing too :
I'm not familiar with working with babelzilla, as I'm new here and never used any localization from here in my addon yet.
Do translators prefer that I submit each revisions I'm working on or only the final version just before releasing to AMO ?

All my betas install with the same Addon version number than the previous released one. Do I need to use the targeted version instead of a beta or old one ?

#5 Goofy

Goofy

Advanced Member

• Super Mod
  • 8437 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 09:56 PM

QUOTE (Cyan @ Nov 18 2010, 19:29) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thank you smile.gif

You based your translation on version 1.0.1, or a beta from the svn revision ?

I'm almost done on releasing 1.0.2 (but I'm slow at developing the addon).
Some strings are now deleted (I removed some unneeded stuff, like the slashes around regular expressions filters).

I'll try to merge your version with the latest svn as it's fully translated. I hope it will be ok and I will not mess too many thing.

Another thing too :
I'm not familiar with working with babelzilla, as I'm new here and never used any localization from here in my addon yet.
Do translators prefer that I submit each revisions or only the final version before submitting to AMO ?

All my betas install with the same Addon version number than the previous released one. Do I need to use the targeted version instead of a beta or old one ?

It is up to you smile.gif I suggest a targeted version would be better unless there is suddenly a huge number of strings to translate before a very near deadline.
Think Global, Make Locales!

Sometimes I am on irc://moznet/BabelZilla
but you can also drop a word in the shoutbox

#6 Cyan

Cyan

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 07:10 PM

Thank you to the translators helping me.

Unfortunately, babelzilla parsing engine still has an important bug and is cropping many lines (it keeps only the first line instead of reading them all).

For example in the about.dtd, the original english locale looks like this :
CODE
<!ENTITY about.programmation.content "I would like to thanks specially:<br />
- DownThemAll and Download sort extension's authors, from who I learned a lot.<br />
- http://captain.at, late xulplanet.com, http://xulfr.org, for their Xul and javascript ressources.<br />
<br />
And contributors:<br />
- Carsten, Ted Gifford, Paolo Amadini">

On the WTS, it looks like this :
about.programmation.content :
CODE
I would like to thanks specially:<br />

It's missing 5 lines :(
I didn't check all the locale's strings, but I guess that bug is occurring on many strings.

I'll send that bug to fenian again (I already reported it 1 year ago, that's why I didn't update my add-on here until now, but it's still not fixed. I sent a fix to fenian, but I don't know if he used it).
It's because the parsing is looking for the > character instead of "> to end the entity.
as I put <br/> at the end of the first line, the parser is stopping.

I'm sorry Lakrits, you already finished the translation here, but it's not complete (and the history are all messed because of another new line bug) :(
If you have the new files translated manually, like the one you sent to me last time, send them to me too and I'll add them to my svn. They will be included to the next release on AMO.

For all translators, if you want you can check the locales on the svn, and you can follow all the locales update that way.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

#7 Lakrits

Lakrits

Daredevil Test Pilot

• Admin
  • 894 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 07:38 PM

QUOTE (Cyan @ Nov 22 2010, 19:10) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm sorry Lakrits, you already finished the translation here, but it's not complete (and the history are all messed because of another new line bug) :(
If you have the new files translated manually, like the one you sent to me last time, send them to me too and I'll add them to my svn. They will be included to the next release on AMO.

Will do. I'll attach the files (and pics) here as well, archived in the file "ASF sv-SE.zip".

(Attachment deleted)

Lakrits
BabelZilla admin

#8 Cyan

Cyan

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 09:35 PM

Sorry, these files comes from the WTS (which has many bugs).
There are empty lines everywhere, and there are missing text in many entities too.

I sent the WTS bugs report to Fenian. I don't know when it will be fixed. (Edit : he will let me check and fix them myself. I hope I can be of any help to other developers too)
I hope My add-on could work on babelzilla soon, or else I'll have to use only the translations made from scratch with editing the dtd manually.

The files you sent to me by email were almost correct (they have missing translation too, due to WTS bug, but didn't have the new line bug).

I feel like I'm not a good developer, I might be the only one with these kind of bug from babelzilla :(
No other developers reported these bugs ? (I listed 4 bugs on WTS parsing engine just with my add-on)

Information to translators :
It needs 3 more pictures in the new revision too.
If you don't provide them, I'll use the english version, I think they are enough (but it will always be better in your own language).

You can download the last revision of the extension from the WTS menu.
Extract the xpi, and look into the skin/help/ folder.

- screen_main_en.png : the Firefox main tab, from the preferences menu, showing the 2 possible saving options.
- screen_asf102-setbyfilters_en.png : ASF option tab page 1, showing "set by filter" drop down menu. (102 refer to the ASF version the screenshot was taken from)
- screen_savedialog-alwaysdothis_en.png : saving dialog, showing the "Do this automatically for files like this from now on" checkbox unckecked. (I marked the ckeckbox in red)

These pictures are used in a popup page which is shown on the first install and update to explain the settings the user need to set in firefox and ASF.
You can see the page by going to this address chrome://asf/content/help/install.xhtml and chrome://asf/content/help/update.xhtml
I had to create that page because a lot of users complained that my add-on wasn't working at all, when they just didn't read the Help tab which explained how to set the right settings in Firefox.
I hope it will help them... at least, if they care to read it.

#9 Lakrits

Lakrits

Daredevil Test Pilot

• Admin
  • 894 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 10:46 PM

Ok. Swedish locale is updated and screen-grabbed smile.gif

Please use the files and pics in the attachment below AND DELETE THE EARLIER FILES. They made the Swedish version crash (I saved three of them in the wrong format), and I also took the opportunity to mend them a little.

Attached Files

Lakrits
BabelZilla admin

#10 Cyan

Cyan

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 11:20 PM

oh, already ? nice biggrin.gif
Thanks for your work.

Edit :
Few thing about your translation :

•asf.dtd
CODE
<!ENTITY asf.export.button.deleteunusedfilters.label "Ta bort oanvända filter från database&gt;">
Is the ">" character after database intentional ? (there's no sub-menu after that one, maybe it's just a copy/past error ?)

•asf.dtd
You added the text on the "up, down, delete" button. I think it doesn't look good (not well aligned).
you could add some spaces.
I suggest :
CODE
<!ENTITY asf.options.move.up " Flytta upp">
<!ENTITY asf.options.move.down " Flytta ned">
<!ENTITY asf.options.edit "Redigera">
<!ENTITY asf.options.delete "   Ta bort   ">
<!ENTITY asf.options.add "  Lägg till  ">
It looks better smile.gif

Some questions about the add-on :
Are my locales hard to translate ? (maybe I don't use proper english. And there might be a lot of spelling error left :( in english version.)
Aren't there too many locales to translate compared to other add-ons ? (I tried to add a lot of help/tutorial and tooltips for end users, so there are a lot of text. Sorry)

#11 Lakrits

Lakrits

Daredevil Test Pilot

• Admin
  • 894 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 11:46 PM

QUOTE (Cyan @ Nov 22 2010, 23:20) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
a question about your translation :

asf.dtd
CODE
<!ENTITY asf.export.button.deleteunusedfilters.label "Ta bort oanvända filter från database&gt;">
Is the ">" at the end intentional ? (there's no sub-menu after that one, maybe it's just a copy/past error ?)

That's an error. Change [&gt;] to [n].

CODE
<!ENTITY asf.export.button.deleteunusedfilters.label "Ta bort oanvända filter från databasen">

Strange. My spell-checker have missed that every time. Maybe "&gt;" is an long forgotten Norse suffix that we never learnt in school smile.gif

Lakrits
BabelZilla admin

#12 Lakrits

Lakrits

Daredevil Test Pilot

• Admin
  • 894 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 02:24 PM

•asf.dtd
You added the text on the "up, down, delete" button. I think it doesn't look good (not well aligned).
you could add some spaces.
I suggest :
CODE
<!ENTITY asf.options.move.up " Flytta upp">
<!ENTITY asf.options.move.down " Flytta ned">
<!ENTITY asf.options.edit "Redigera">
<!ENTITY asf.options.delete "   Ta bort   ">
<!ENTITY asf.options.add "  Lägg till  ">
It looks better smile.gif

Done. Will upload, attach and e-mail a fresh copy of asf.dtd.

Some questions about the add-on :
Are my locales hard to translate ? (maybe I don't use proper english. And there might be a lot of spelling error left :( in english version.)
Aren't there too many locales to translate compared to other add-ons ? (I tried to add a lot of help/tutorial and tooltips for end users, so there are a lot of text. Sorry)

a) A few strings were difficult to understand, but for the most part it helps to know that you are French. The majority of the errors are merely English written in French syntax. And you have seen my French, so you know your English at least is better than that ;)

b) I prefer add-ons and applications that are translated in their whole. What's the use of a help text if it is in a language that the user don't understand? So keep up the good (and extensive) work!

Attached Files

• Attached File  asf.dtd   11.48KB   1 downloads

Lakrits
BabelZilla admin

#13 strepon

strepon

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 09:23 PM

Hello,
when I finished translation to Czech at Babelzilla, I found out from this thread that source is corrupted (and I noticed some bugs as deleting of backslashes before). So I updated the files according to SVN repository - they are attached.

Attached Files

#14 Cyan

Cyan

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 December 2010 - 11:27 AM

Thank you for the svn version smile.gif
I'll add them to the next beta.

And sorry that you had to work on it twice.
I hope babelzilla's bugs will be corrected.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

CCBot (1)