Status-4-Evar - Ver. 2014.06.29

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#21 Alimonda

Alimonda

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 08:09 PM

While not being an official answer (Bluefang, please correct me if I'm wrong), I can guess its meaning by looking at the last addon version's release notes:

QUOTE ("Bluefang")
Version 2011.03.10.18b
* Fix some compatibility issues with 3rd party themes.
* Keep urlbar suggestion dropdown arrow visible.
* Add option to hide background/async/XHR network status.
* Implement a simple style editor for selecting progress colors and images.
* Fix toolbar progress settings.
* Add annotations to the status elements. #status4evar-status-text, #statusbar-display, and .urlbar-over-link-box will have a "type" attribute set to one of the following: link, network, network_xhr, status_chrome, status_content, status_content_default, or status_chrome_default.

So my guess is that it's a setting to toggle showing the network status for operations that don't cause a page refresh. I haven't tested it yet though.

On a side note, since some of the options may look quite cryptic to the average non-tech user, it would be nice to have tooltips with explanations in the Options pane.

#22 sparkybluefang

sparkybluefang

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 10:07 PM

QUOTE (Alimonda @ Mar 11 2011, 19:09) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So my guess is that it's a setting to toggle showing the network status for operations that don't cause a page refresh. I haven't tested it yet though.

Yes, that is exactly what it means.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XHR
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ajax_%28programming%29

I added that option for when you're showing network status in the URL bar. Some XHR status messages don't seem to be cleared when they finish, so they'll stick around for a while. I'm not sure if this is a problem with the extension or if it's a quirk in Firefox/web pages.

And some people just find it distracting, especially on sites like Google Maps / GMail.

On a side note, since some of the options may look quite cryptic to the average non-tech user, it would be nice to have tooltips with explanations in the Options pane.

That's not a bad idea. I'll do that in the next development cycle. If the descriptions end up being too long for tooltips, I'll put together a help dialog/page.

#23 Rancher

Rancher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 04:15 PM

Serbian (sr) locale has been released.

#24 Cye3s

Cye3s

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 06:33 PM

Well, another old bug fixed for old zh-CN.... biggrin.gif
#1 -> #1 ,it can`t be replace by download number
My mistake...only test one download happy.gif

#25 milupo

milupo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 09:30 PM

Hello,

in Options Progress tab an input box is next to the label text Image. The default value in the input box is hardcoded as none. This value should be localizable.

Regards,
milupo

#26 sparkybluefang

sparkybluefang

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 10:46 PM

That is the CSS value "none", not the English word "none". I'll change it to just be blank.

#27 milupo

milupo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 08:54 PM

Hi,

@sparkybluefang: In a German forum there was a request for an icon for the Add-on bar item in the Options toolbar. At the moment none is displayed because defined as empty null.png. Could you create an icon?

Regards,

milupo

#28 Grg68

Grg68

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 06:42 PM

Hi all here..!

Greek locale is ready, tested and released.

Many thanks to developer for this very useful multi-functional extension..!

Grg

#29 JIPG

JIPG

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 11:46 PM

Spanish locale (es-ES) is now available. Tested and released.

Many thanks to the developer. This extension is a must-to-have in firefox 4.

#30 PiVV

PiVV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 09:15 AM

Russian locale has been updated and released in WTS.
I thank the alphabet for kindly given letters.

#31 Joergen

Joergen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 406 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 10:25 PM

Hi Sparky Bluefang

I can't find these two strings in the GUI.
'Space' and 'Round'
The Danish translation of these two words depends of the context. Could you please explain where and in which context these words are used.

Joergen

#32 sparkybluefang

sparkybluefang

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 12:32 AM

They are 2 of the CSS3 background-repeat keywords.
http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-background/#the-background-repeat

They are not in the UI because Firefox does not yet support them. But they eventually will appear in the background editor along with "Repeat" and "No Repeat".

#33 sparkybluefang

sparkybluefang

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 09:28 PM

Hey everyone, just a few comments:

* I accidentally uploaded the most recent update with the missing locale strings as "replaced" instead of "skipped". Sorry about that. I think the only locale that had strings marked as untranslated was bg-BG.

* I've gotten a couple of comments about the download progress strings (overlay.properties) not being correct. Please take a moment to double check that you're using the correct plural form in your translation. Thanks smile.gif
http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Local...ion_and_Plurals

#34 Grg68

Grg68

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 12:37 AM

Hi Sparky,

Personally, i thank you very much for your efforts to offer us such an excellent work..! smile.gif
Keep walking!

I noticed a small glitch in the localization structure of the extension:
In accordance to Mozilla standards, in "install.rdf", you should put the entries
"<em:translator> name </em:translator>" within the section
"<em:localized><Description> </Description></em:localized>" , because now no one
of the translators appear in "about" window (FF 5).
I did the job for you, to save you a little time to devote it in the real code! wink.gif

Also, i have a question:
In FF5 where i tested the new strings, i saw only those about the progress color for downloads.
The other two strings aren't applicable in this version of Firefox?

Thanks

Attached Files

Grg

#35 sparkybluefang

sparkybluefang

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 06:16 AM

It looks like all of the translations got messed up during the WTS outage, so I re-uploaded the extension. Unfortunately, that means the translation work since 10/16 was lost. Sorry about that.

#36 nirwana

nirwana

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 02:14 PM

QUOTE (sparkybluefang @ Oct 23 2011, 06:16) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It looks like all of the translations got messed up during the WTS outage, so I re-uploaded the extension. Unfortunately, that means the translation work since 10/16 was lost. Sorry about that.
The strings to translate were a deja-vu for me, so I was surprised about it. Then I looked at the forum for an explanation and read about a crash of the website.
That would explain why I got an email asking me to update the translation again.

Fortunately I had tested my translation in my own Firefox profile, so I could recover my translation quite easily by copying the extension from my profile and extract the xpi-file (through 7-zip). Then I copied and pasted the translated strings in the online translation interface again, so the Dutch translation is up-to-date again.

I have also other translations inside this extension file, so this might be helpful to get the other translations back. I have just checked the Geman and Spanish translations and these all have a translation for status4evar.download.color.paused.label
To me that means that these are the already updated translation files.

That is why I have zipped this file and attached it here on the forum. This includes all locales, so other translators can have a look whether their translations are already inside:
Attached File  locale.zip   65.04KB   7 downloads
Greetings,

Martijn
http://mozilla.startpagina.nl
http://www.mozbrowser.nl

#37 Goofy

Goofy

Advanced Member

• Super Mod
  • 8437 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 03:04 PM

QUOTE (nirwana @ Oct 23 2011, 15:14) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The strings to translate were a deja-vu for me, so I was surprised about it. Then I looked at the forum for an explanation and read about a crash of the website.
That would explain why I got an email asking me to update the translation again.

Fortunately I had tested my translation in my own Firefox profile, so I could recover my translation quite easily by copying the extension from my profile and extract the xpi-file (through 7-zip). Then I copied and pasted the translated strings in the online translation interface again, so the Dutch translation is up-to-date again.

I have also other translations inside this extension file, so this might be helpful to get the other translations back. I have just checked the Geman and Spanish translations and these all have a translation for status4evar.download.color.paused.label
To me that means that these are the already updated translation files.

That is why I have zipped this file and attached it here on the forum. This includes all locales, so other translators can have a look whether their translations are already inside:
Attached File  locale.zip   65.04KB   7 downloads

Thanks for this smile.gif Translators please note that as an alternative to copy/paste you can just upload files (even several files in one pass) using the "upload" tab
Think Global, Make Locales!

Sometimes I am on irc://moznet/BabelZilla
but you can also drop a word in the shoutbox

#38 sparkybluefang

sparkybluefang

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 03:52 AM

There seems to be some WTS funkyness going on right now. I think all of the locale files are up-to-date and corrent, but the counts/percent-complete are way off.

#39 milupo

milupo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 03:35 PM

QUOTE (sparkybluefang @ Dec 29 2011, 03:52) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There seems to be some WTS funkyness going on right now. I think all of the locale files are up-to-date and corrent, but the counts/percent-complete are way off.

Am I right supposing that there are not 79 new strings? I yesterday translated 4 new strings for prefs.dtd which are included..

#40 sparkybluefang

sparkybluefang

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 05:12 PM

QUOTE (milupo @ Dec 29 2011, 09:35) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Am I right supposing that there are not 79 new strings? I yesterday translated 4 new strings for prefs.dtd which are included..

That's correct. There are a total of 103 strings. I have no idea why WTS thinks en-US has 182.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users