XUL Warrior & Layout Fakir

• BabelZillian Mods
  • 1437 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 11:37 AM

Maintainer: teo
Creator: Leszek Życzkowski

Ext. Version: 0.21-bz
Release date: 0000-00-00
Description: Modern Download Manager add-on gives you total control over every aspect of your downloads, and modern design.
Extension is compatible to: ( 26.0 - 33.0)

Included locales: de en-US es-MX fr it ja-JP nl pl ro ru

View on WTS -- Download the extension

Edited by teo, 24 June 2014 - 10:51 AM.

Teo

#2 markh

markh

BZ Jungle Guide

• Admin
  • 4070 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 08:21 AM

welcomeani.gif with yet another add-on!
While the bankers all get their bonuses I’ll just get along with what I’ve got

#3 ZuGro

ZuGro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 07:45 AM

Hi Teo

Working on Spanish MX translation (testing...)

There are 3 modes mentioned in the localization files:

1. Standard Mode
2. Compact Mode
3. Bar Mode

Maybe Standard & Compact modes are the same?
Both Standard & Compact modes refers to "panel" mode?

I will keep waiting for your answer in order to make a correct translation...

PS: There are also a confusion about clearing download bar:

The items are removed from downloads bar only, or are also removed from history?

Thinking: I hope this add-on separates "clearing download bar" from "clearing history" (some times I want to clear my download bar, but keep history)...

PS2:
There are also some other similar add-ons:
Download Statusbar
Download Statusbar Fixed
"S3 Download Statusbar"
"Download Status Bar"
What happens if any of those add-ons are currently installed at the moment in which MDM is installed?
What if MDM is the first add-on installed and, in a later time, a user installs another one of those add-ons?
Maybe would be necessary a mention in the help files, alerting to the user to avoid the installation of 2 or more of those add-on at the same time, in order to prevent compatibility problems?
(something like: "there are some add-ons similar to MDM, recommendation is avoid using 2 or more similar add-ons to prevent compatibility problems")

PS3:
Excellent work!!!
Looks fantastic!!!
Very nice interfaces (both of them, bar & panel modes)!!!
Help sliders, awesome!!!

The only one feature I'm missing is:
A really fully detailed history, independent from default Firefox's history, with full information about downloads, like elapsed time, starting date, finished date, average speed, download page & also, if possible, referer page, etc. etc. (like a real download manager)...

PS4:
I'm going to continue testing just now, there is a misunderstanding in options window, in the colors section, the title of colors for the download bar items/elements is "bars" instead of "Bar items" or "Bar Elements"" or "Download bar items" or "Download bar elements", however in the help slider for "Speed colors" there is a mention to "...Assigning speed colors will overwrite the progress color from the Color options group if you assigned any."

Best regards.

#4 ZuGro

ZuGro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 11:28 AM

Hi

Just finishing my tests (access keys are very hard to select the correct ones), ready to upload the finished files and change status to released, and I found there is a new version on WTS acci.gif

Now I have to download the newest files, put in parallel with the old ones in my editor, and start to checking for changes, added entities, deleted entities, and so on...

And all of this after 2 days i was sick blush.gif

OK, lets go to do it, come on!!!, Animoooo!!!

Update:

Spanish es-MX locale ready at WTS (released)...

However, there are some entities I can't see anywhere in the add-on, like "Continue downloads in Downloads manager after Firefox closes", "Border color option", "Show button in add-on bar" and some others as well...

I also have some feedback to improve options window, like using "Dimensions" instead of "Bars" for bars tab, including in this section the option "Max height of panel", while options for what show in Progress section can would be added to the "buttons" tab, changing the word buttons to something like "Hide UI elements" (or something like that)...

Where i can give feedback for this add-on? (I don't like to show my very bad English to write in another sites, you know)

Best regards.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

CCBot (1)