• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ddawson

ddawson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 10:23 AM

One of my translators has asked if I could include metadata among localizable strings. I was not aware I could do that. But how? Do I upload a file in WTS? Or do I have to do something in the extension when I upload it? Someone somewhere mentioned including en-US as a <localized> section instead of putting the metadata at the top level; is that what I need to do? Thanks for any help you can give me.

#2 markh

markh

BZ Jungle Guide

• Admin
  • 4070 posts

Posted 28 August 2016 - 09:09 AM

Putting the metadata in the <localized> section of chrome.manifest should do the trick, yes. A virtual file will be created where the translator can put the information in, and when downloading the package, a separate file is added that can be pasted into chrome.manifest. Is that what you would want?

While the bankers all get their bonuses I’ll just get along with what I’ve got

#3 ddawson

ddawson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 12:48 AM

<localized> section of chrome.manifest

ITYM install.rdf.

Is that what you would want?

Yeah. Thanks.

One thing I'm curious about. All of the fields in localized sections can also appear at the top level. Any particular reason why those aren't picked up by default? Is it because they aren't necessarily in English or something, or what?

#4 markh

markh

BZ Jungle Guide

• Admin
  • 4070 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 03:03 PM

ITYM install.rdf.

Yeah. Thanks.

One thing I'm curious about. All of the fields in localized sections can also appear at the top level. Any particular reason why those aren't picked up by default? Is it because they aren't necessarily in English or something, or what?

Yes, install.rdf, sorry.

What exactly do you mean by top level? As unlocalized you mean? It’s just the way localization works for metadata, they need to be in a <localized> section.

While the bankers all get their bonuses I’ll just get along with what I’ve got

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users