• BabelZillian Mods
  • 156 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 01:27 PM

Maintainer: saster
Creator: Attila Szabó

Ext. Version: 1.0.12
Release date: 2012-08-21
Description: Mozilla Internet Dictionary
Extension is compatible to: ( 2.0 - 2.19.*) ( 4.0 - 24.a2)

Included locales: bg-BG ca da de en-US es-ES fr hr-HR hu-HU it ja nl pl pt-BR sv-SE zh-CN

View on WTS -- Download the extension

Edited by saster, 27 August 2013 - 01:31 PM.

#2 Luana

Luana

(Just a passionate localizer since 2004!)

• Admin
  • 3478 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 04:24 PM

W e l c o m e on BabelZilla! biggrin.gif

In case you have some curiosities about the WTS, you may find here short and simple Questions&Answers about it!

In case you're looking for some specific translator, please see the list of the available translators on BabelZilla.
Selected that desired one, you may send him a P.M. or an e-mail (if and when public).

You may also insert a new Topic in the Help Section, in order to ask for specific translations, to write a general request about missing translations, etc.
E' meglio tacere ed essere, che dire e non essere (Ignazio, II sec. d. C)
Quod scripturae mandatur, non solum praesentibus sed futuris prodesse valeat...

#3 teo

teo

XUL Warrior & Layout Fakir

• BabelZillian Mods
  • 1437 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 11:17 PM

Hi Attila,
Nice extension, but I have remarks:
1. Phrases 'Set to current' and 'Save as default' from 'choose_dict.js' file (line 52 & 53) should be translated.
Teo

#4 saster

saster

[hu-HU] Moderator

• BabelZillian Mods
  • 156 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 07:55 AM

Hi teo,

QUOTE(teo @ Jul 28 2006, 23:17) [snapback]17637[/snapback]

1. Phrases 'Set to current' and 'Save as default' from 'choose_dict.js' file (line 52 & 53) should be translated.

Oops. You are right, thank you. I fix it on Monday.

Attila

#5 Alf

Alf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 01:05 PM

Dutch (nl-NL) translation added, tested and released.

Some remarks:
- Clicking on the toolbarbuttons Google starten, BabelFish, etc. opens a complete new Firefox window. I think it is better to open a new tab in the extisting Firefox window with focus on that new tab. Or add an option to let the user choose what he wants.
- In the contextmenu the shortcut 'S' for 'Copy...' (why the S?; see menuitem.copy in mid.dtd) is not in the translationfile mid.dtd. Could you please add it.

#6 saster

saster

[hu-HU] Moderator

• BabelZillian Mods
  • 156 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 03:53 PM

QUOTE(Alf @ Jul 29 2006, 13:05) [snapback]17643[/snapback]

Dutch (nl-NL) translation added, tested and released.
- In the contextmenu the shortcut 'S' for 'Copy...' (why the S?; see menuitem.copy in mid.dtd) is not in the translationfile mid.dtd. Could you please add it.

Thanks, Alf, I am going to fix it too.

As of the starter icons ... I have an experimental version where I got rid of them along with their toolbar, too, making more room for work. But i got to rethink it later. Thanks.

Attila

#7 saster

saster

[hu-HU] Moderator

• BabelZillian Mods
  • 156 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 02:37 PM

Hi All,

I corrected (I hope) the problems mentioned above. I read also the thorough
list of remarks on the Spanish BabelZillian board by zuGro,
and made some minor changes according to them.

saster

#8 Alf

Alf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 03:13 PM

QUOTE(saster @ Jul 31 2006, 15:37) [snapback]17696[/snapback]
I corrected (I hope) the problems mentioned above.

The 2 issues as I mentioned above
QUOTE(Alf @ Jul 29 2006, 14:05) [snapback]17643[/snapback]
- Clicking on the toolbarbuttons Google starten, BabelFish, etc. opens a complete new Firefox window. I think it is better to open a new tab in the extisting Firefox window with focus on that new tab. Or add an option to let the user choose what he wants.
- In the contextmenu the shortcut 'S' for 'Copy...' (why the S?; see menuitem.copy in mid.dtd) is not in the translationfile mid.dtd.

aren't "fixed", only the one teo mentioned:
QUOTE(teo @ Jul 29 2006, 00:17) [snapback]17637[/snapback]
Phrases 'Set to current' and 'Save as default' from 'choose_dict.js' file (line 52 & 53) should be translated.

I downloaded the latest version from the WTS (0.6.51), completed the nl-NL translation files in the WTS, downloaded the files and copied them into the downloaded xpi and installed it.
In the About window via the Extension menu the versie is 0.6.51, but in the Help file the version is still 0.6.50:

#9 saster

saster

[hu-HU] Moderator

• BabelZillian Mods
  • 156 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 03:36 PM

Alf, I couldn't see no 'S' in mid.dtd.

<!ENTITY menuitem.copy "Copy...">
<!ENTITY menuitem.c "c">

And
<menuitem label="&menuitem.copy;" accesskey="&menuitem.c;"

No S-es.

??

The version number is wrong, you're right. I should correct it.

saster

#10 Alf

Alf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 04:01 PM

QUOTE(saster @ Jul 31 2006, 16:36) [snapback]17698[/snapback]
Alf, I couldn't see no 'S' in mid.dtd.
<!ENTITY menuitem.c "c">

And
<menuitem label="&menuitem.copy;" accesskey="&menuitem.c;"

No S-es.

You're right, I overlooked that entity, sorry. Maybe because of the strange way of sorting...
Is it possible to keep these items together, so first the menuitem and then the appropriate key?

#11 saster

saster

[hu-HU] Moderator

• BabelZillian Mods
  • 156 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 04:10 PM

QUOTE(Alf @ Jul 31 2006, 16:01) [snapback]17699[/snapback]

You're right, I overlooked that entity, sorry. Maybe because of the strange way of sorting...
Is it possible to keep these items together, so first the menuitem and then the appropriate key?

Here is mid.dtd as I submitted (gift of Goofy)

<!ENTITY menuitem.close.this.dictionary "Close this dictionary...">
<!ENTITY menuitem.c "c">
<!ENTITY menuitem.open.homepage "Open homepage...">
<!ENTITY menuitem.o "o">
<!ENTITY menuitem.lookup "Lookup">
<!ENTITY menuitem.l "l">
<!ENTITY menuitem.fill.in.definition "Fill in definition...">
<!ENTITY menuitem.d "d">
<!ENTITY menuitem.delete.this.word "Delete this word">
<!ENTITY menuitem.r "r">
<!ENTITY menuitem.delete.all.word "Delete all word">
<!ENTITY menuitem.a "a">
<!ENTITY menuitem.c "c">
<!ENTITY menuitem.previous.word "Previous word">
<!ENTITY menuitem.p "p">
<!ENTITY menuitem.next.word "Next word...">
<!ENTITY menuitem.n "n">
<!ENTITY menuitem.back "Back">
<!ENTITY menuitem.a "a">
<!ENTITY menuitem.forward "Forward">
<!ENTITY menuitem.o "o">
<!ENTITY treecol.words "Words">
<!ENTITY treecol.definition "Definition">
<!ENTITY label.browse "Browse:">
<!ENTITY toolbarbutton.go "Go">
<!ENTITY toolbarbutton.g "G">

#12 saster

saster

[hu-HU] Moderator

• BabelZillian Mods
  • 156 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 04:26 PM

hi,

The version number in About window is corrected.
About box, however, is not localized yet, remaining this way untill the next version.

Saster

#13 Alf

Alf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 04:37 PM

QUOTE(saster @ Jul 31 2006, 17:10) [snapback]17701[/snapback]

Here is mid.dtd as I submitted (gift of Goofy)

<!ENTITY menuitem.close.this.dictionary "Close this dictionary...">
<!ENTITY menuitem.c "c">
<!ENTITY menuitem.open.homepage "Open homepage...">
<!ENTITY menuitem.o "o">
<!ENTITY menuitem.c "c">
<!ENTITY menuitem.forward "Forward">
<!ENTITY menuitem.o "o">

OK, I thought I was going crazy, but I figured it out: On the WTS in mid.dtd there are 2 double entities:
menuitem.c
menuitem.o
In the nl-NL mid.dtd ONLY the first ones appears! So the second menuitem.c and menuitem.o are missing! See for yourself and View this file.
Therefor I thought there was a strange sorting, but the sorting is allright. All the items are paired, name and key.
Shouldn't it be better to rename the key items: menuitem.copy.c instead of menuitem.c ?

#14 saster

saster

[hu-HU] Moderator

• BabelZillian Mods
  • 156 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 04:46 PM

QUOTE(Alf @ Jul 31 2006, 16:37) [snapback]17703[/snapback]

OK, I thought I was going crazy, but I figured it out: On the WTS in mid.dtd there are 2 double entities:
menuitem.c
menuitem.o
In the nl-NL mid.dtd ONLY the first ones appears! So the second menuitem.c and menuitem.o are missing! See for yourself and View this file.
Therefor I thought there was a strange sorting, but the sorting is allright. All the items are paired, name and key.
Shouldn't it be better to rename the key items: menuitem.copy.c instead of menuitem.c ?

OK. Good idea. Next version. (methink it is working this way)
Attila

#15 Luana

Luana

• Admin
  • 3478 posts

Posted 01 August 2006 - 03:23 PM

Italian localization it's almost ready. : )

BTW, we Italian localizers are puzzled about the localization: we tried a few 'experiments' by setting everyone of us different dictionaries first by exporting and sharing them between us, then by importing the reciprocal dictionaries saved in txt files, and as a matter of fact we have imported the dictionaries of the other guy each other!
In these cases the use of the verb 'restore' (IMHO in Italian language) isn't too much appropriate rolleyes.gif , therefore if you agree we'd like to use the Italian words "Importa" (Import) and for homogeneity "Esporta" (Export).
We omitted (Panel) and translated only 'History' because of two reasons: in Italian language the current word is not more 'Pannello' but 'Barra laterale', and the menu becomes too large if we use all words ; the menus have a different 'disposition' in the Italian official localization of FF ->
As last modification we translated simply "Ripristina predefinite" ('Restore default (understood settings)') instead of 'Delete all preferences' because in reality an user could also think that by deleting all settings (s)he will 'obtain' a new clean / empty mid window, therefore the translation of the original English sentence (always IMHO in Italian language) isn't too much appropriate. rolleyes.gif

As second thing, just a few suggestions (based on the 'probable perplexity' of final users): it would be nice if you could add to the "Delete all preferences" option a tooltip, something like "Default settings will be restored at the restart of Mozilla Internet Dictionary".
And finally, another probable 'stupid' tooltip could be added to the 'Full Screen' option, something like "Press F11 to resize the window to the previous dimension".

And finally, a signaling inherent an IMHO strange behavior: after the importation of the dictionaries, it seems impossible to save them in an automatic manner...
We have to select 'Preferences'-> Dictionaries and use the 'Save as default' button before, and only after this the imported dictionaries are stored, otherwise at the restart of mid -if the dictionaries window is empty before the importation- we have an empty window!
Is this a desired behavior? And if yeah, please.gif could it be possible to add an option in order to store automatically the imported dictionaries?

Sorry if these suggestions could be boring, or annoying for you.

#16 saster

saster

[hu-HU] Moderator

• BabelZillian Mods
  • 156 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 08:24 AM

Hi,

QUOTE(' date='Aug 1 2006, 15:23 @ Aug 1 2006, 15:23) [snapback]17738[/snapback]

In these cases the use of the verb 'restore' (IMHO in Italian language) isn't too much appropriate rolleyes.gif , therefore if you agree we'd like to use the Italian words "Importa" (Import) and for homogeneity "Esporta" (Export).

For me 'import' suggest that you get something new, what you haven't got yet. That's why I used Save/Restore. But you can use import/export if you prefer that way.

We omitted (Panel) and translated only 'History' because of two reasons: in Italian language the current word is not more 'Pannello' but 'Barra laterale', and the menu becomes too large if we use all words ; the menus have a different 'disposition' in the Italian official localization of FF ->

Fine.

As last modification we translated simply "Ripristina predefinite" ('Restore default (understood settings)') instead of 'Delete all preferences' because in reality an user could also think that by deleting all settings (s)he will 'obtain' a new clean / empty mid window, therefore the translation of the original English sentence (always IMHO in Italian language) isn't too much appropriate. rolleyes.gif

You're absolutely right. I'm going to change the english local to.

it would be nice if you could add to the "Delete all preferences" option a tooltip, something like "Default settings will be restored at the restart of Mozilla Internet Dictionary".
And finally, another probable 'stupid' tooltip could be added to the 'Full Screen' option, something like "Press F11 to resize the window to the previous dimension".

Good ideas, too,

And finally, a signaling inherent an IMHO strange behavior: after the importation of the dictionaries, it seems impossible to save them in an automatic manner...
We have to select 'Preferences'-> Dictionaries and use the 'Save as default' button before, and only after this the imported dictionaries are stored, otherwise at the restart of mid -if the dictionaries window is empty before the importation- we have an empty window!
Is this a desired behavior? And if yeah, please.gif could it be possible to add an option in order to store automatically the imported dictionaries?

Yes, it may be strange. I put it on my TODO list.

No, on the contrary, thank you for your help. More brain can do much more then one :-)

Attila

#17 Luana

Luana

• Admin
  • 3478 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 09:24 AM

QUOTE(saster @ Aug 2 2006, 09:24) [snapback]17755[/snapback]

QUOTE(' date='Aug 1 2006, 15:23 @ Aug 1 2006, 15:23) [snapback]17738[/snapback]

Hi,
For me 'import' suggest that you get something new, what you haven't got yet. That's why I used Save/Restore. But you can use import/export if you prefer that way.

Well, in first place thanks for your understanding. biggrin.gif
In fact, we thought to this verb because I've literally imported the dictionaries of the other Italian translator, and vice versa! laugh.gif
Please, try to import you too -> [attachmentid=1644]

Hmmm... what about the possibility to add short tooltips also for this strings? In this manner it would be possible to 'explain' which will be the action! Something like "Restore the previous list of dictionaries or import a new one" and vice versa?

ADDED: and what about the possibility to 'improve' also the strings in the same manner? Something like "Restore/Import dictionaries" and vice versa?

QUOTE('saster')

Yes, it may be strange. I put it on my TODO list.

Many many thanks for this, Attila.

QUOTE('saster')

No, on the contrary, thank you for your help. More brain can do much more then one :-)

Attila

Thanks again for everything. biggrin.gif

Attached Files

#18 saster

saster

[hu-HU] Moderator

• BabelZillian Mods
  • 156 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 10:17 AM

Yes, I know ( of course ;-) ) that you can move/exchange these files and Restore/import is suggestive in English too. And I should use more tooltips.

And you gave me an idea: I can put some example export/import file to my homepage for users to download for easier starting.

Attila

#19 Luana

Luana

• Admin
  • 3478 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 01:18 PM

QUOTE(saster @ Aug 2 2006, 11:17) [snapback]17758[/snapback]

And you gave me an idea: I can put some example export/import file to my homepage for users to download for easier starting.

Attila

Dear Attila,

that's really a great idea! cool.gif
Thanks for the improvements you will do.

As last thing, always if you agree, we'd wait for the next version in order to release the Italian localization, otherwise feel free to grab the current uploaded files of the Italian localization (containing the modifications you already know!)

Luana

#20 saster

saster

[hu-HU] Moderator

• BabelZillian Mods
  • 156 posts

Posted 02 August 2006 - 02:36 PM

QUOTE(MatrixIsAllOver @ Aug 2 2006, 13:18) [snapback]17765[/snapback]

As last thing, always if you agree, we'd wait for the next version in order to release the Italian localization
Luana

It's up to your decision, Luana. Thanks for your suggestions.
Attila

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users