• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 07:24 PM

Maintainer: mkaply
Creator: Michael Kaply

Ext. Version: 1.4
Release date: 2013-01-30
Description:
Extension is compatible to: ( 3.5 - 10.*)

Included locales: cs-CZ da da-DK de de-DE en-US es-ES fr fr-FR it it-IT ja-JP nl pl pl-PL pt-BR ru-RU sv-SE zh-CN

View on WTS -- Download the extension

Edited by mkaply, 15 January 2013 - 11:41 PM.

#2 pedsann

pedsann

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 07:53 PM

Hello,

I have localized your extension to pt-BR, but something strange is happening.

Some times you use tags like <html:li>, so when i download the tar package with my localization from babelzilla I noticed that it has replaced the < with &lt; e o > with &gt;, and with the code in that way the tags didnt work.

Do you know how to fix it?

#3 Goofy

Goofy

Advanced Member

• Super Mod
  • 8437 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 08:59 PM

sad.gif Sure it is a problem, on which our tech admin is already working.
The mainline is, as far as I can understand : sometimes special characters must be replaced by their code equivalent but sometimes not, so the wts has to distinguish when it should be done and when the tags (for our example) must be maintained as if. rolleyes.gif

Think Global, Make Locales!

Sometimes I am on irc://moznet/BabelZilla
but you can also drop a word in the shoutbox

#4 AlleyKat

AlleyKat

[da-DK] Moderator

• BabelZillian Mods
  • 271 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 11:44 PM

Wow, the CCK! How cool is that - I've made a danish translation, but I never got around to test and send it, I think. Or did I...

I imagine that the format here is a little different from the usual xpi's. Let's see how it is handled...

edit: Well, everything from import to editing went perfect, and the WTS seems to do an excellent job. Now for the rest. smile.gif
Best regards / Med venlig hilsen,

Danish localizer AlleyKat // Finn Sørensen ::

#5 pedsann

pedsann

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 12:46 PM

smile.gif I figured out whats going on.

When the encoding in my firefox is set to Ocidental(ISO-8859-1) the < and > are replaced.

So change de enconding to UTF-8 (on firefox) and everything just works well the < and > remains < and > on the localized file from babelzilla.

#6 AlleyKat

AlleyKat

[da-DK] Moderator

• BabelZillian Mods
  • 271 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 02:32 PM

OK, I know nothing about that, for me it has worked perfectly. Yay for this sites master programmers! Danish has been released.

mkaply > 2 suggestions; 1) i10n the Description too, 2) on page Customize Certificates make the big input field 1 line shorter - I think the danish explanation is slightly longer than the english, so the bold Important text takes a line more and causes a scrollbar in the page (not that it really matters).

Edit: Small danish corrections will be forthcoming; I'm still trying to figure out what shortcuts to use on the Proxy page... and I wrote "Press Done button to create CKK package" - the button reads "Finish"... tongue.gif

Question: Is it OK if I use : as shortcut, or is that prohibited?
Best regards / Med venlig hilsen,

Danish localizer AlleyKat // Finn Sørensen ::

#7 mkaply

mkaply

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 04:44 PM

QUOTE(pedsann @ May 11 2006, 19:53) [snapback]14345[/snapback]

Hello,

I have localized your extension to pt-BR, but something strange is happening.

Some times you use tags like <html:li>, so when i download the tar package with my localization from babelzilla I noticed that it has replaced the < with &lt; e o > with &gt;, and with the code in that way the tags didnt work.

Do you know how to fix it?

Is there a better way to accomplish what I am trying to do without using the html tags?

QUOTE(AlleyKat @ May 12 2006, 14:32) [snapback]14396[/snapback]

OK, I know nothing about that, for me it has worked perfectly. Yay for this sites master programmers! Danish has been released.

mkaply > 2 suggestions; 1) i10n the Description too, 2) on page Customize Certificates make the big input field 1 line shorter - I think the danish explanation is slightly longer than the english, so the bold Important text takes a line more and causes a scrollbar in the page (not that it really matters).

Edit: Small danish corrections will be forthcoming; I'm still trying to figure out what shortcuts to use on the Proxy page... and I wrote "Press Done button to create CKK package" - the button reads "Finish"... tongue.gif

Question: Is it OK if I use : as shortcut, or is that prohibited?

Can you be more specific on 1? Did I not localize something properly?

I will work on the customize certs page.

#8 Goofy

Goofy

Advanced Member

• Super Mod
  • 8437 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 05:06 PM

smile.gif
Can you be more specific on 1? Did I not localize something properly?

Our Danish friend is mentionning a small detail that devs usually forget : the localization if the initial description (which is displayed inthe extension manager).
Here is a simple howto to do it :
http://www.babelzilla.org/index.php?option...id=16&Itemid=83

and its original source :
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Localize_extension_descriptions

wink.gif

#9 Fenian

Fenian

Spiteful Tech Admin

• Admin
  • 4428 posts

Posted 12 May 2006 - 07:47 PM

QUOTE(pedsann @ May 12 2006, 13:46) [snapback]14387[/snapback]

smile.gif I figured out whats going on.

When the encoding in my firefox is set to Ocidental(ISO-8859-1) the < and > are replaced.

So change de enconding to UTF-8 (on firefox) and everything just works well the < and > remains < and > on the localized file from babelzilla.

No, it was not your mistake. The WTS changed "<>" in the downloaded files.
This is fixed now and the WTS can handle <html:...> tags now.
QUOTE(mkaply @ May 12 2006, 17:44) [snapback]14398[/snapback]

Is there a better way to accomplish what I am trying to do without using the html tags?

It's no longer necessary to change the html tags.

"I love deadlines. I especially like the whooshing sound they make as they go flying by."
-- Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)
Unwarranted government surveillance is an intrusion on basic human rights that threatens the very foundations of a democratic society.
-- Tim Berners Lee

#10 mkaply

mkaply

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 07:04 PM

I have updated the CCK for 1.0.2 - I would like translations before I release this version.

Basically there are four translation changes here.

1. Description is now translatable.
2. Two new strings in the properties file for creating directories
3. made string "id.error" in the DTD file more descriptive

Thanks!

#11 Goofy

Goofy

Advanced Member

• Super Mod
  • 8437 posts

Posted 20 May 2006 - 09:19 AM

smile.gif Hi again
dry.gif It seems there is a problem with your update submission. You probably forgot to include all the previous existing locales.
Please read this from our little Q&A Help guide
http://www.babelzilla.org/index.php?option...id=37&Itemid=25

You should submit again with locales included. In case you have no local copy of them, send a word to our kind tech admin Fenian and he will try to get them back from the database.

#12 stalker48

stalker48

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 20 May 2006 - 04:38 PM

ru-RU locale is ready.
Igor N.

#13 mkaply

mkaply

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 04:34 AM

QUOTE(Goofy @ May 20 2006, 09:19) [snapback]14840[/snapback]

smile.gif Hi again
dry.gif It seems there is a problem with your update submission. You probably forgot to include all the previous existing locales.
Please read this from our little Q&A Help guide
http://www.babelzilla.org/index.php?option...id=37&Itemid=25
You should submit again with locales included. In case you have no local copy of them, send a word to our kind tech admin Fenian and he will try to get them back from the database.

I have no local copy of them.

This is a very bad hole in your process. Old locales should have gotten moved to the new release and marked as "needs update"

They shouldn't just get removed.

#14 AlleyKat

AlleyKat

[da-DK] Moderator

• BabelZillian Mods
  • 271 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 05:18 AM

The techs here keep good records'n'backups, so I'm pretty sure Fenian can be helpful reestablishing the missing ones when he finds time; I just reuploaded danish myself, no problem.

The WTS is still in development too, and you're welcome to post a RFE I'm sure, it's a good idea. The techs has done wonders recently about what the WTS handles right code-wise, but it also still have some issues about things like images, forgettting backslashes, losing translator registrations and such every once in a while. It'll get there. smile.gif

Thanks for the Description change. Danish still has this issue about key Q in the proxy page, but well, so does the english. laugh.gif

About the window height, I think it will all fit if you increase the overall window height to fit the new extra line on the proxy page. And ofcourse it's a real minor thing, maybe a non-issue.

#15 mkaply

mkaply

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 22 May 2006 - 02:19 PM

QUOTE(AlleyKat @ May 22 2006, 05:18) [snapback]14924[/snapback]

The techs here keep good records'n'backups, so I'm pretty sure Fenian can be helpful reestablishing the missing ones when he finds time; I just reuploaded danish myself, no problem.

The WTS is still in development too, and you're welcome to post a RFE I'm sure, it's a good idea. The techs has done wonders recently about what the WTS handles right code-wise, but it also still have some issues about things like images, forgettting backslashes, losing translator registrations and such every once in a while. It'll get there. smile.gif

Thanks for the Description change. Danish still has this issue about key Q in the proxy page, but well, so does the english. laugh.gif

About the window height, I think it will all fit if you increase the overall window height to fit the new extra line on the proxy page. And ofcourse it's a real minor thing, maybe a non-issue.

Yeah, I'll probably increase the height in the next version. I've added stuff to the proxy page that makes it even bigger.

#16 Luana

Luana

(Just a passionate localizer since 2004!)

• Admin
  • 3478 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 12:47 PM

Hi Michael,

we (Luana aka MatrixIsAllOver, Luca aka l0stintranslation and Giuseppe aka capitanfuturo) have provided the Italian localization.
We have also some signaling for you.

Luca has noticed a strange situation: if in the Italian localization we use apostrophes, in the cckWizard.dtd -lines number 37 and 60-, even if we type them in a classic manner ( ' ) or we use the code ( &# 3 9; or &a po s; -obviously without the added spaces-), the configuration can't be however completed. Even if we have clicked on "Next" nothing has happened...
Fortunately in Italian language we have various synonyms, so we have used a sentence with the same meaning but without apostrophes and we have completed the configuration and logically the verification of the localized strings. smile.gif

I noticed a free label in the bookmark.xul file, line 60
<checkbox id="liveBookmark" label="Live Bookmark"/>

Of course, I've replaced it with &LiveBookmark.label; and I added a new entity just for us -in order to verify all the localized strings- but I think it would be great if you'd officially "move" this label in the locale folder (obviously using the name you prefer!). wink.gif

And finally, because we have "Italianized" a few sentences and because we generally love a good work, we will share with you within a couple of days (+ or -) the result(s) of the Quality Assurance.
E' meglio tacere ed essere, che dire e non essere (Ignazio, II sec. d. C)
Quod scripturae mandatur, non solum praesentibus sed futuris prodesse valeat...

#17 mkaply

mkaply

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 03:11 PM

QUOTE(MatrixIsAllOver @ May 26 2006, 12:47) [snapback]15079[/snapback]

Hi Michael,

we (Luana aka MatrixIsAllOver, Luca aka l0stintranslation and Giuseppe aka capitanfuturo) have provided the Italian localization.
We have also some signaling for you.

Luca has noticed a strange situation: if in the Italian localization we use apostrophes, in the cckWizard.dtd -lines number 37 and 60-, even if we type them in a classic manner ( ' ) or we use the code ( &# 3 9; or &a po s; -obviously without the added spaces-), the configuration can't be however completed. Even if we have clicked on "Next" nothing has happened...
Fortunately in Italian language we have various synonyms, so we have used a sentence with the same meaning but without apostrophes and we have completed the configuration and logically the verification of the localized strings. smile.gif

I will check into this

I noticed a free label in the bookmark.xul file, line 60

Of course, I've replaced it with &LiveBookmark.label; and I added a new entity just for us -in order to verify all the localized strings- but I think it would be great if you'd officially "move" this label in the locale folder (obviously using the name you prefer!). wink.gif

I'll have to fix this in the next release so as not to break anyone - I'll be releasing a new CCK probably this afternoon.

#18 mkaply

mkaply

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 03:31 PM

I opened up https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=339332 for the apostrophe problem.

#19 srxo1978

srxo1978

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 09:12 PM

Hi
The complete Spanish

#20 mkaply

mkaply

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 06:29 PM

I added CCK Wizard 1.0.3.

I moved some strings around from DTD to properties to fix the problems people were seeing with the French translation.

Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users