• BabelZillian Mods
  • 688 posts

• Extension Developer: Yes
  • Extensions: Page Hacker
    IE NetRenderer

• Translator for French (fr)
  • Translation Credits to nico@nc

Posted 03 February 2008 - 11:15 AM

French locale updated (you'll maybe get two release notification emails: I released it twice, as I noticed a small mistake. Only the second one is good). happy.gif
Nicolas

#62 whitedavidp

whitedavidp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 89 posts

• Extensions: ThunderbirdBiff, ThunderPlunger, UseBccInstead
  • Translator for [No translator]
  • My OS Windows

Posted 04 February 2008 - 06:24 PM

QUOTE(nico@nc @ Feb 1 2008, 20:53) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There is still the problem on version 0.91 available on AMO: https://addons.mozil...bird/addon/4390
The string is localised in the en-US addonOptions.dtd:
CODE
<!ENTITY thunderplunger.website.label "Click here to see this add-on's website">

but not in the es-ES, fr-FR, it-IT, nl-NL, pl-PL and pt-BR locales (so all the others). Just open addonOptions.dtd for all these locales, en-US one have got 17 lines, the others only 16.

And Firefox shows this gray with red text thing everywhere there should be a localised string (we've even got a sticky about it on the French Firefox support forums) which is not localised in the used locale.

Thanks Nico,

Does anyone have any idea how an item can be on BZ in the english translation and NOT make it into the others? Did I screw-up somehow? Or is there something in the BZ system that needs to be checked?

Cheers!

#63 Goofy

Goofy

Advanced Member

• Super Mod
  • 8,435 posts

• Extensions: BabelZillaMenu-BabelZilla Glossary-OpenTran...
  • My OS Gnu/Linux
  • Translation Credits to Goofy

Posted 04 February 2008 - 08:29 PM

QUOTE(whitedavidp @ Feb 4 2008, 18:24) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Does anyone have any idea how an item can be on BZ in the english translation and NOT make it into the others? Did I screw-up somehow? Or is there something in the BZ system that needs to be checked?

I don't know where the string is gone in the AMO version but I can see that the 17th line for thunderplunger.website.label entity is duly reported in every locale on the WTS.

nl-NL
http://www.babelzill...mp;filetype=dtd

fr-FR

it-IT

etc.

Think Global, Make Locales!

Sometimes I am on irc://moznet/BabelZilla
but you can also drop a word in the shoutbox

#64 nico@nc

nico@nc

Advanced Member

• BabelZillian Mods
  • 688 posts

• Extensions: Page Hacker
    IE NetRenderer

• Translation Credits to nico@nc

Posted 04 February 2008 - 09:12 PM

Yes, but only since the 1.0 version has been published on BZ. Before, there was only 16 lines.

But thunderplunger.website.label seems to has been added in the 0.91 version, and the last published on BZ before the 1.0 was the 0.9. Maybe you modified it on your computer and didn't think to the other locales.
Nicolas

#65 markh

markh

BZ Jungle Guide

• Admin
  • 4,051 posts
  • Location:the culinary and touristically unchallenged parts of the Netherlands

• Extension Developer: No
  • Translator for Dutch (nl)
  • My OS Windows
  • Translation Credits to markh van BabelZilla.org

Posted 06 March 2008 - 11:07 PM

Dutch locale updated, tested and released cool.gif
While the bankers all get their bonuses I’ll just get along with what I’ve got

#66 markh

markh

BZ Jungle Guide

• Admin
  • 4,051 posts

• My OS Windows

Posted 17 September 2008 - 08:19 PM

Dutch locale updated, (finally) tested and released cool.gif

Dutch text for AMO:
Deze add-on biedt u een paar nieuwe manieren om Thunderbird netjes te houden.

#67 whitedavidp

whitedavidp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 89 posts

• My OS Windows

Posted 12 April 2010 - 06:48 PM

Greetings to all translators for my THunderPlunger addon and thanks for your continuing support. I don't know if I did something wrong or what. But I notice that there are two locales (fr and nl - note no dash or suffix) for this and I don't know how they got there. I also note that in the addon update process, I was somehow made translator for one or more locales other than en-US. So I was able to resign from them. I hope I have not hosed anything up too bad. Also, please note that a new feature has been added last minute to this version 2.0 and it creates the need for a few more strings to be translated. Sorry for the bother! Again thanks. And if translators have changed, please let me know via private message, how you would like your credit for your work to be noted. Cheers!

#68 markh

markh

BZ Jungle Guide

• Admin
  • 4,051 posts

• My OS Windows

Posted 13 April 2010 - 06:48 AM

QUOTE (whitedavidp @ Apr 12 2010, 18:48) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Greetings to all translators for my THunderPlunger addon and thanks for your continuing support. I don't know if I did something wrong or what. But I notice that there are two locales (fr and nl - note no dash or suffix) for this and I don't know how they got there.

These are French and Dutch in their currently accepted locale code format. The previous formats (fr-FR and nl-NL, respectively) will also work but are not according to Mozilla standard. Please see http://l10n.mozilla.org/webdashboard/ for the Mozilla locale codes wink.gif
You did nothing wrong, by the way - we have changed the locale codes.

PS will check the nl locale again tonight, I have the revised files on my other computer. Please change your chrome.manifest before the next upload, otherwise the work will be lost again.

#69 whitedavidp

whitedavidp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 89 posts

• My OS Windows

Posted 13 April 2010 - 04:34 PM

QUOTE (markh @ Apr 12 2010, 21:48) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
These are French and Dutch in their currently accepted locale code format. The previous formats (fr-FR and nl-NL, respectively) will also work but are not according to Mozilla standard. Please see http://l10n.mozilla.org/webdashboard/ for the Mozilla locale codes wink.gif
You did nothing wrong, by the way - we have changed the locale codes.

PS will check the nl locale again tonight, I have the revised files on my other computer. Please change your chrome.manifest before the next upload, otherwise the work will be lost again.

Thanks for your response and clarification. So should I eliminate the nl-NL and fr-FR and replace each with simply nl and fr? I can easily do that and modify my manifest file to match.

#70 markh

markh

BZ Jungle Guide

• Admin
  • 4,051 posts

• My OS Windows

Posted 13 April 2010 - 07:13 PM

QUOTE (whitedavidp @ Apr 13 2010, 16:34) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks for your response and clarification. So should I eliminate the nl-NL and fr-FR and replace each with simply nl and fr? I can easily do that and modify my manifest file to match.

Exactly wink.gif Don’t worry if the old locales pop up again after next upload, that is just a bug in the WTS.

#71 Lakrits

Lakrits

Daredevil Test Pilot

• Admin
  • 894 posts
  • Interests:# Science (biology and ecology, mainly botany, mycology, and plant and forest pathology).<br /># Language (words, their use, sounds and flexibility).<br /># Tennis (and almost any other sport, but first and foremost tennis).<br /># Theatrical arts.<br /># … and much more.

• Translator for Swedish (sv-SE)
  • My OS Windows
  • Translation Credits to Mikael Hiort af Ornäs

Posted 22 October 2010 - 03:24 PM

Swedish locale (sv-SE) is now available here.

But for some reason I can't get it to work properly (can't open Help and Options). I have looked into everything, but can't find anything wrong. Please look into that, and I'll release the translation when I know that it will be taken care of.
"[…] och han talar med bönder på böndernas sätt
men med lärde män på latin." – Erik Axel Karlfeldt

Lakrits
BabelZilla admin
Moderator for the Swedish BabelZilla forum section

#72 whitedavidp

whitedavidp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 89 posts

• My OS Windows

Posted 22 October 2010 - 05:40 PM

QUOTE (Lakrits @ Oct 22 2010, 07:24) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Swedish locale (sv-SE) is now available here.

But for some reason I can't get it to work properly (can't open Help and Options). I have looked into everything, but can't find anything wrong. Please look into that, and I'll release the translation when I know that it will be taken care of.

Hello and thanks for your new translation! I have just downloaded it, added the proper entry to my chrome.manifest file, and used the quick locale switcher addon to change to sv-SE. In TB 2.x it appears to work fine for the options and the help windows.

So I wonder:

(a) What version of TB are you using?

(b) Are you seeing any errors from my addon in your error console?

© Do any of the other functions in my addon work?

(d) What you say above, "can't open..." Does this mean you cannot see the menu items or does it mean that nothing happens in response to the selection of a properly displayed menu?

Thanks,

David

PS - I always list my translators as contributors to my addon. Could you let me know how you would like your name to appear?

Cheers

#73 Lakrits

Lakrits

Daredevil Test Pilot

• Admin
  • 894 posts
  • Interests:# Science (biology and ecology, mainly botany, mycology, and plant and forest pathology).<br /># Language (words, their use, sounds and flexibility).<br /># Tennis (and almost any other sport, but first and foremost tennis).<br /># Theatrical arts.<br /># … and much more.

• My OS Windows

Posted 22 October 2010 - 09:59 PM

a) What version of TB are you using?
TB 3.1.5

b) Are you seeing any errors from my addon in your error console?
Yes, when I try to open the two, I get an error message. The Error console shows these (translated into English):

CODE
Error: error in processing of external entity reference
Source file: chrome://thunderplunger/content/AddonOptions.xul
Row: 4, column: 79
Source:
<!DOCTYPE prefwindow SYSTEM "chrome://thunderplunger/locale/addonOptions.dtd" >

---------------------------

Source file: chrome://thunderplunger/content/Help.xul
Row: 4, column: 70
Source:
<!DOCTYPE helpwindow SYSTEM "chrome://thunderplunger/locale/help.dtd">

c) Do any of the other functions in my addon work?
Yes, at least "Clean accounts", "Compress SQLite files" and the Address book functions seem to work.

d) What you say above, "can't open..." Does this mean you cannot see the menu items or does it mean that nothing happens in response to the selection of a properly displayed menu?
I see the menu items (from the status bar icon, that is), but when I click them to open the Options or Help windows, I get the error messages I cite above.

Could you let me know how you would like your name to appear?
Preferably in some sort of text.

Oh... Sorry. As "Lakrits" or "Mikael Hiort af Ornäs".

Lakrits
BabelZilla admin

#74 whitedavidp

whitedavidp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 89 posts

• My OS Windows

Posted 23 October 2010 - 09:48 PM

QUOTE (Lakrits @ Oct 22 2010, 13:59) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
a) What version of TB are you using?
TB 3.1.5

b) Are you seeing any errors from my addon in your error console?
Yes, when I try to open the two, I get an error message. The Error console shows these (translated into English):

CODE
Source file: chrome://thunderplunger/content/AddonOptions.xul
Row: 4, column: 79
Source:
<!DOCTYPE prefwindow SYSTEM "chrome://thunderplunger/locale/addonOptions.dtd" >

---------------------------

Source file: chrome://thunderplunger/content/Help.xul
Row: 4, column: 70
Source:
<!DOCTYPE helpwindow SYSTEM "chrome://thunderplunger/locale/help.dtd">

c) Do any of the other functions in my addon work?
Yes, at least "Clean accounts", "Compress SQLite files" and the Address book functions seem to work.

d) What you say above, "can't open..." Does this mean you cannot see the menu items or does it mean that nothing happens in response to the selection of a properly displayed menu?
I see the menu items (from the status bar icon, that is), but when I click them to open the Options or Help windows, I get the error messages I cite above.

Could you let me know how you would like your name to appear?
Preferably in some sort of text.

Oh... Sorry. As "Lakrits" or "Mikael Hiort af Ornäs".

Mikael,

Thanks for such a complete response. I have just tried your locale on my TB 3.1.4 on Windows XP and have no problems at all - just like on TB 2.x on Windows XP. Given the errors you are seeing, I believe that one of the files in your locale is corrupted somehow. I would suggest you download and install your locale from Babelzilla once again and see it the issue persists. It is possible that because you are using 3.1.5 that the problem might come from somewhere else - but I doubt it. Please let me know if I can assist in any way. Thanks, David

#75 Lakrits

Lakrits

Daredevil Test Pilot

• Admin
  • 894 posts

• My OS Windows

Posted 23 October 2010 - 10:19 PM

That actually helped... I am pretty flabbergasted smile.gif

I have no idea what went wrong with my local locale files, but overwriting them solved the problem.

I found some minor errors. Will rectify them pronto, and edit this post when it's done.

EDIT: It's done. "Hark! the herald angels sing" (I guess "exclaim" would be more appropriate than "sing", for a word like "hark"), is the most modest reaction I can think of as I proclaim this day to be the official Swedish-Locales-Available-For-ThunderPlunger-day!

Lakrits
BabelZilla admin

#76 whitedavidp

whitedavidp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 89 posts

• My OS Windows

Posted 23 October 2010 - 11:34 PM

QUOTE (Lakrits @ Oct 23 2010, 14:19) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That actually helped... I am pretty flabbergasted smile.gif

I have no idea what went wrong with my local locale files, but overwriting them solved the problem.

I found some minor errors. Will rectify them pronto, and edit this post when it's done.

EDIT: It's done. "Hark! the herald angels sing" (I guess "exclaim" would be more appropriate than "sing", for a word like "hark"), is the most modest reaction I can think of as I proclaim this day to be the official Swedish-Locales-Available-For-ThunderPlunger-day!

I am pleased that all is working for you now (and very glad I didn't have to program any changes). Thanks so very much for all your efforts. David

#77 Underpass

Underpass

eXtenZilla IT Member

• Members
  • 271 posts
  • Interests:Punk and post-punk music from late 70's and early '80s, Movies (all), Computers (system administration), Mozilla, Linux

• Translator for Italian (it)
  • My OS Gnu/Linux
  • Translation Credits to Underpass (mozillaitalia.org)

Posted 24 October 2010 - 08:25 PM

@whitedavidp: sorry, I received your email message, but I did not find any change in

CODE
thunderPlunger.helpText.validateEmailAddressesBullet1
thunderPlunger.helpText.validateEmailAddressesBullet2

comparing the current en-US with the it-IT translation. Which are the changes?

Thanks and keep up the good work smile.gif
"Gold scissors cut the ribbon and set them loose. On the opening day the vibrations will shake your bones.
But I suppose it's the disadvantage of not speaking a second language." (Wire)

#78 whitedavidp

whitedavidp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 89 posts

• My OS Windows

Posted 24 October 2010 - 10:50 PM

QUOTE (Underpass @ Oct 24 2010, 12:25) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
@whitedavidp: sorry, I received your email message, but I did not find any change in

CODE
thunderPlunger.helpText.validateEmailAddressesBullet1
thunderPlunger.helpText.validateEmailAddressesBullet2

comparing the current en-US with the it-IT translation. Which are the changes?

Thanks and keep up the good work smile.gif

And thanks to you too.

Here is how things were before my foul-up:

thunderPlunger.helpText.validateEmailAddressesBullet1 - "Right-click on a card shown in the address book window to invoke this function. A request is sent to a specially-written ThunderPlunger web service which will do its best to verify the validity of that card's primary email address. This is done by directly communicating with the mail server for the email's domain."

thunderPlunger.helpText.validateEmailAddressesBullet2 - "Right-click on an address book shown in the address book window to invoke this function against all cards in the address book. This may take a while depending upon the number of cards in the address book. But you can continue to work in ThunderBird during processing. All cards determined to be suspect are then displayed in the results window. From here you can review the results and select those cards you wish to have removed from the address book."

And here is after:

thunderPlunger.helpText.validateEmailAddressesBullet1 - "Right-click on a card shown in the address book window to invoke this function. A request is sent to a specially-written ThunderPlunger web service which will do its best to verify the validity of that card's primary and secondary email addresses. This is done by directly communicating with the mail server for the email's domain."

thunderPlunger.helpText.validateEmailAddressesBullet2 - "Right-click on an address book shown in the address book window to invoke this function against either the primary or secondary email addresses for all cards in the address book. This may take a while depending upon the number of cards in the address book. But you can continue to work in ThunderBird during processing. All cards determined to contain a suspect email address are then displayed in the results window. From here you can review the results and select those cards you wish to either remove from the address book or have the suspect email address removed from the card."

Thanks for all.

David

#79 whitedavidp

whitedavidp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 89 posts

• My OS Windows

Posted 29 April 2011 - 06:34 PM

Greetings to all my translators. Thanks for your help with the new, minor change to this addon's UI. I do note that the pl-PL locale seems to have been swapped for simply a pl locale. I have seen this happen with other locales. Should I simply delete the old pl-PL locale from this project? I didn't have to do that before. Maybe someone else did or maybe things have changed so I now do it. Thanks

#80 markh

markh

BZ Jungle Guide

• Admin
  • 4,051 posts

• My OS Windows

Posted 29 April 2011 - 07:51 PM

QUOTE (whitedavidp @ Apr 29 2011, 18:34) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Greetings to all my translators. Thanks for your help with the new, minor change to this addon's UI. I do note that the pl-PL locale seems to have been swapped for simply a pl locale. I have seen this happen with other locales. Should I simply delete the old pl-PL locale from this project? I didn't have to do that before. Maybe someone else did or maybe things have changed so I now do it. Thanks

You have noticed correctly, we are gradually moving towards standard Mozilla locales, as can be found here wink.gif

You can remove the old locale reference from the project, yes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

CCBot (1)