P.A.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 60 posts
  • Extension Developer: Yes
  • Extensions: Mozilla Archive Format

Posted 07 December 2008 - 05:28 PM

Hello,

today I uploaded for the first time the Mozilla Archive Format extension on the WTS:

http://www.babelzill...n...0&type=lang

The extension was already localized in several languages.

The result of the upload is not what I expected: while it seems that the English strings all parsed correctly, no string from the already translated locales seems to have been imported. The behavior is consistent for all the existing locales: no one has been imported.

Three files of the original extension had English strings replicated in each locale folder; strangely enough, two of them appear as fully translated, while one has no translation, like all the other already translated files I mentioned before.
locale/en-US/integration/fileFiltersObject.properties: 0%
locale/en-US/preferences/prefsDialog.properties: 100%
locale/en-US/preferences/prefsDialog.dtd: 100%
I'd have expected all three files to show as 100% translated.

Do the observed behavior depend on specific limitations on the format of the uploaded locale files?

How can I make the WTS fully import my existing translations?

Thanks,
Paolo Amadini

#2 markh

markh

BZ Jungle Guide

• Admin
  • 4,070 posts
  • Location:the culinary and touristically unchallenged parts of the Netherlands

• Translator for Dutch (nl)
  • Extension Developer: No
  • Translation Credits to markh van BabelZilla.org
  • My OS Windows

Posted 07 December 2008 - 08:20 PM

QUOTE (P.A. @ Dec 7 2008, 17:28) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello,

today I uploaded for the first time the Mozilla Archive Format extension on the WTS:

http://www.babelzill...n...0&type=lang

The extension was already localized in several languages.

The result of the upload is not what I expected: while it seems that the English strings all parsed correctly, no string from the already translated locales seems to have been imported. The behavior is consistent for all the existing locales: no one has been imported.

Three files of the original extension had English strings replicated in each locale folder; strangely enough, two of them appear as fully translated, while one has no translation, like all the other already translated files I mentioned before.
locale/en-US/integration/fileFiltersObject.properties: 0%
locale/en-US/preferences/prefsDialog.properties: 100%
locale/en-US/preferences/prefsDialog.dtd: 100%
I'd have expected all three files to show as 100% translated.

Do the observed behavior depend on specific limitations on the format of the uploaded locale files?

How can I make the WTS fully import my existing translations?

Thanks,
Paolo Amadini

The WTS is probably fooled by the fact that you have subdirectories inside your locale directories. Please keep all files withing one (flat) directory for every locale, and then the files will probably be parsed correctly wink.gif
While the bankers all get their bonuses I’ll just get along with what I’ve got

#3 P.A.

P.A.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 60 posts
  • Extension Developer: Yes
  • Extensions: Mozilla Archive Format

Posted 07 December 2008 - 08:35 PM

QUOTE (markh @ Dec 7 2008, 20:20) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The WTS is probably fooled by the fact that you have subdirectories inside your locale directories. Please keep all files withing one (flat) directory for every locale, and then the files will probably be parsed correctly wink.gif

Moving the files will require some time; I'll try and upload a new translation tomorrow.

One last thing: since there's already one translator working on MAF, translating from scratch, I suppose I should download the work already done before uploading the extension with the new file structure, or the work will be lost, am I right?

#4 markh

markh

BZ Jungle Guide

• Admin
  • 4,070 posts
  • Location:the culinary and touristically unchallenged parts of the Netherlands

• Translator for Dutch (nl)
  • Extension Developer: No
  • Translation Credits to markh van BabelZilla.org
  • My OS Windows

Posted 07 December 2008 - 09:49 PM

QUOTE (P.A. @ Dec 7 2008, 20:35) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
One last thing: since there's already one translator working on MAF, translating from scratch, I suppose I should download the work already done before uploading the extension with the new file structure, or the work will be lost, am I right?

Absolutely correct rockon.gif
While the bankers all get their bonuses I’ll just get along with what I’ve got

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users