Advanced Member

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:14 PM

[b]Maintainer: [/b]RealRaven
[b]Creator: [/b]Axel Grude

[b]Ext. Version: [/b]4.3pre24
[b]Release date: [/b]2019-12-09
[b]Description: [/b]Quickly generate mail filters on the fly, by dragging and dropping mails and analyzing their attributes.
[b]Extension is compatible to:[/b] ( PostBox 4.0.0 - 5.52b6) ( [img]https://www.babelzilla.org/components/com_wts/logos/sm.png[/img] 2.34 - 2.49.*) ( [img]https://www.babelzilla.org/components/com_wts/logos/tb.png[/img] 60.0 - 60.*)

[b]Included locales: [/b]de en es es-AR fr it ja nl pt-BR ru sv-SE vi zh-CN

[url="https://www.babelzilla.org/index.php?option=com_wts&extension=5628&type=show"]View on WTS[/url] -- [url="https://www.babelzilla.org/index.php?option=com_wts&type=downloadxpi&extension=5628"] Download the extension[/url]

Edited by RealRaven, 06 December 2019 - 08:28 PM.

#2 RealRaven

RealRaven

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 09:20 PM

HI everybody - this is pending review on AMO and ther eis already a homepage at Mozdev.org: http://quickfilters.mozdev.org/index.html

A couple of screen shots:

The Assistant

Options Screen:

So, how does it work?

Click on the quickFilters button on the main toolbar

The button will change depicting a glowing wheel instead of the mail icon and there will be sliding notification:

Drag an email into a folder on the left hand folder tree. This will trigger the Create Filter Assistant.

(see image above)

select a template (e.g. "based on Sender") and click [Create Filter...] - in the example I have pulled an email into the QuickFolders folder. See below for a detailed description.
Next, the Edit Filter dialog is displayed - as you can see it already tries to "guess" what you want the filter to do when it should be applied, based on the email that you dragged to the folder. Note there are no translations necessary as this is a built in dialog of Thunderbird:

Since in this case I chose "Based on Sender", it will pull all conversations from and to joe@quickFolders.com into the QuickFolders folder. No need to select the folder (as it has been done automatically) or to enter any condition (this is based on the template that you have chosen).
Now tweak the filter as usual and click Ok to save it (and try it out in the Filter List)
You can also click Cancel to not create the filter
in the last step Thundebird's list of filters is shown.

FOr translators, the only new things are new buttons [move to top] p[move to bottom] and the search box + filter count box:

You can repeat the process from step 2 to create more filters
When you're done, click the filter button again to disable "Filter Wizard" mode.

#3 longnh

longnh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 01:03 AM

Vietnamese localization is available. smile.gif

#4 RealRaven

RealRaven

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 10:43 AM

QUOTE (longnh @ May 11 2012, 01:03) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Vietnamese localization is available. smile.gif

Thanks that's great smile.gif

I have just done a major search & replace operation, decided to brand quickFolders starting with a lowercase "q" (In order to avoid confusion with QuickFolders). Hope I didn't break anything in your translations! I reset the translations status just in case. I think it affects vi, it, nl, ja, de locales.

I also removed the (English) translations from the japanese locale.

rockon.gif

Axel

#5 RealRaven

RealRaven

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:21 AM

A new version is up. ON user request, I added a button for running the message filters - it calls the same function as the menu entry tools > "run filters on folder".

It looks like this

thanks for your help!
AXel

#6 jojaba

jojaba

A Elsasser em durm

• BabelZillian Mods
  • 2041 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 09:22 PM

Finally, FR translation done on WTS ;)
Plume CMS, the light-weight but powerful Content Managing System !
Something to say, something to discuss ? Use FluxBB to spread it!

#7 RealRaven

RealRaven

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 10:52 PM

QUOTE (jojaba @ Aug 2 2012, 21:22) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Finally, FR translation done on WTS ;)

Thanks!! smile.gif

I really appreciate it... biggrin.gif

If you are interested I have inherited another extension called SmartTemplate4 and that also has an incomplete French locale smile.gif

kind regards,
Axel

#8 jojaba

jojaba

A Elsasser em durm

• BabelZillian Mods
  • 2041 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 05:51 AM

QUOTE (RealRaven @ Aug 2 2012, 23:52) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you are interested I have inherited another extension called SmartTemplate4 and that also has an incomplete French locale smile.gif

French translation completed in WTS and proofreaded but not tested. I took contact with jujuf851, the original translator, waiting for an answer... ;)
Plume CMS, the light-weight but powerful Content Managing System !
Something to say, something to discuss ? Use FluxBB to spread it!

#9 RealRaven

RealRaven

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:02 PM

Sorry,

surprise.gif

I had to add some last minute additions, after testing in SeaMonkey: We need an alternative string that contains the word "flag" instead of "star".

At the same time I implemented a feature request for auto-starting the assistant when Thundebird starts; which should be straightfoward, hopefully.

Thanks in advance
Axel

#10 RealRaven

RealRaven

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:42 PM

Babelzilla crashed earlier on upload, so I had to re-upload my older translations from this afternoon - I had to reset the translation status just in case

sorry for any inconveniences caused!!

I also improved the "clone" button so now Dolly the sheep is being "replaced" by a split arrow the user pushes the button.

regards
Axel

#11 RealRaven

RealRaven

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 01:29 PM

Hi there, I just updated quickFilters again, I was asked for some clarifications by Leopoldo, sp here is a detailed list of the changes for all translators.

Let's assume by clicking the "Find Duplicates" button, I found 2 Filters that have the same condition "Where subject containes the term review". Once I select this from the drop down of found duplicates it will filter the list using the search field:

The user can now right-click:

... the context menu uses quickfilters.menu.removeDupeCondition , which opens the filter rules and highlights the condition "Subject contains review"

conversely, an action is something like Tag Message / Move to Folder / Mark as Junk:

The user can now right-click:

... the context menu uses quickfilters.menu.removeDupeAction , which opens the filter rules and highlights the action "Tag message as broadband"

In the Edit Filter rules dialog, conditions are listed at the top and actions are listed at the bottom. Conditions are about which mails are affected, actions are about what to do to these mails.

REGISTRATION / DONATE buttons

The following sliding notification - is for every user who is NOT registered (registration is probably something I will implement within the next 2 months, so it doesn't exist yet):

The planned Registration notice will look something like the one above, but the button will read "Register quickFilters" ({1} is a place holder for the application name as I might rename it quickFilters Premium or something). The donate button and register button will probably not be shown on the same notification, I might alternate them or something, haven't decided that one yet.

GET 'COPY SENT TO CURRENT' button
Basically the blue button on the options dialog that says Get 'Copy Sent to Current'. Again, the translation is simply Get {1} where {1} is a place holder for the 3rd party Addon. Get is a shorter, nicer term for 'Download' (meaning, go to the AMO page to download the 'Copy Sent to Current' addon).

#12 RealRaven

RealRaven

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 01:29 PM

Just a heads up: I added translations for the duplicate action (filter actions) popup which I downloaded from the FilterEditor.dtd strings here:

http://hg.mozilla.org/l10n-central

quickfilters.moveMessage.label=Move Message to
quickfilters.copyMessage.label=Copy Message to
quickfilters.forwardTo.label=Forward Message to
quickfilters.replyWithTemplate.label=Reply with Template
quickfilters.markMessageRead.label=Mark As Read
quickfilters.markMessageUnread.label=Mark As Unread
quickfilters.markMessageStarred.label=Add Star
quickfilters.setPriority.label=Set Priority to
quickfilters.addTag.label=Tag Message
quickfilters.setJunkScore.label=Set Junk Status to
quickfilters.deleteMessage.label=Delete Message
quickfilters.deleteFromPOP.label=Delete From POP Server
quickfilters.fetchFromPOP.label=Fetch From POP Server
quickfilters.ignoreThread.label=Ignore Thread
quickfilters.ignoreSubthread.label=Ignore Subthread
quickfilters.watchThread.label=Watch Thread
quickfilters.stopExecution.label=Stop Filter Execution

I added these to overlay.properties, as I needed to load them into the filter list, using JavaScript (Unfortunately you can't read dtd files from script, so I had to duplicate them into my own copies).

They should be in sync with the individual locales, so I did not reset translation status.

#13 RealRaven

RealRaven

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 12:51 PM

IMPORTANT CHANGE

For the planned release of quickFilters Pro next Sunday I have changed the license as follows:

Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International (CC BY-ND 4.0)

Terms:
The Program - the quickFilters Add-on (distributed as a XPI file) and all files contained within it
Premium Feature - a feature or function of the software which is protected by the mechanism outlined below
quickFilters Pro - Refers to the registered version of quickFilters

All contents of The Program are subject to the GNU General Public License Version 3
(the "License"); you may not use the file except in compliance with
the License. You may obtain a copy of the complete License at
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nd/4.0/legalcode
For a  human-readable summary thereof please refer
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nd/4.0/

Pro Version
This Program contains a subset of features "Premium Features" which are protected by
a paid registration scheme. Registration keys can be obtained via various licensing links
from within the software (Options/quickFilters Pro tab,
premium notification messages). The profits from Registration are used to develop
and distribute the program further and to feed the author, as he would like to spend
more time developing open source software. Some Premium features may be available in
the free software, but they may be restricted (e.g. through a notification to the
registration). Premium features are not essential to the core functionality of
the Program, but are there to provide an incentive for financially supporting the
enhancement and support of the Software.

Registration Scheme
Registration is carried out via our web shop (FastSpring) which sells registration keys.
Registration keys are personal, non-transferrable and usually restricted to a time period
(typically one year). To protect their personal nature they are tied to the user's
Email address.

#14 RealRaven

RealRaven

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 23 May 2018 - 12:43 PM

quickFolders 3.6

No new UI strings but there is still some work to be done on completing the licensing strings in some languages.

these deal with license expiry and pasting a license for another Add-on (QuickFolders , SmartTemplate4) to help resolve that situation and avoid unnecessary support Emails. Other than that, I did the following changes / fixes:

• [Bug 26543] Custom Templates: Support gathering address fields from multiple mails. This will omit collecting EMails or domains of one's own Email addresses in order to avoid bad side effects such as unintentionally archiving one's own Emails.
  • [Bug 26545] Filter Merge should be triggered when emails are tagged
  • [Bug 26542] quickFilters not defined in Postbox 5.0. Some newer Javascript in quickFilters 3.5 causes it to not work with Postbox 5.0 and older versions.
  • Fixed version history jumping to correct version heading for Pro Users
  • Improved "Run Filters on Folder" function for non-Inbox folders.

These will be helpful for productivity but do not require additional translation work, If you have worked on the translation, make sure to request a free quickFolders Pro license key!

thanks for your great work so far,
  Axel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users