• 20 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 12:05 AM

Maintainer: moonchild
Creator: palemoon.org

Ext. Version: 25.6
Release date: 2014-12-31
Description: Core strings for the Pale Moon browser
Extension is compatible to: 

Included locales: ar cs da de en-GB en-US es-AR es-ES es-MX fi fr gl-ES hi-IN hr hu hu-HU is-IS it ja kn kn-IN ko ko-KR nl pl pt-BR pt-PT ro ro-RO ru sl sl-SI sr sv-SE tr uk-UA zh-CN zh-TW

View on WTS -- Download the extension

Edited by moonchild, 06 July 2015 - 08:56 PM.

#2 whknnn

whknnn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 05:25 AM

I can't find pale moon 15 on your site, and I am not sure about some strings. So how can I find that version to test?

#3 markh

markh

BZ Jungle Guide

• Admin
  • 4070 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:58 AM

Welcome! welcomeani.gif

Just a bit of information for you: in case you have some queries about the WTS, you can find our Wiki here!

In case you're looking for a specific translator, please see the list of available translators on BabelZilla.
When you select the desired one, you can send him/her a P.M. or an e-mail (if and when public).

You may also insert a new Topic in the Help Section, in order to ask for specific translations, to write a general request about missing translations, etc.
While the bankers all get their bonuses I’ll just get along with what I’ve got

#4 moonchild

moonchild

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:20 AM

QUOTE (whknnn @ Aug 10 2012, 04:25) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can't find pale moon 15 on your site, and I am not sure about some strings. So how can I find that version to test?

Pale Moon 15 is in closed beta - the strings are also part of the current beta version that is still being developed, but if you have any questions about the strings, please let me know.

For reference, these strings are present, currently hard-coded in English, in the current release version of Pale Moon, 12.3 R2
The "menu" entries are in the main application menu (they are renames from Firefox's "Add-on Bar" and "Show all bookmarks" respectively)

The "tabs" and "smoothscroll" strings are in the "preferences" window. If you install the language pack for your locale, you can easily see the strings as they will remain in English in the current version.

The "to" string may be unclear, this is used between two durations. "duration: xxx to xxx ms."

#5 moonchild

moonchild

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:23 AM

QUOTE (markh @ Aug 10 2012, 05:58) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Welcome! welcomeani.gif

Just a bit of information for you: in case you have some queries about the WTS, you can find our Wiki here!

In case you're looking for a specific translator, please see the list of available translators on BabelZilla.
When you select the desired one, you can send him/her a P.M. or an e-mail (if and when public).

You may also insert a new Topic in the Help Section, in order to ask for specific translations, to write a general request about missing translations, etc.

Thanks markh!
And that is indeed useful information smile.gif

#6 Goofy

Goofy

Advanced Member

• Super Mod
  • 8437 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 11:54 AM

QUOTE (moonchild @ Aug 10 2012, 10:23) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks markh!
And that is indeed useful information smile.gif

Hi

I have done the fr (French) translation but I have a couple of requests :
1/ Would it be possible you post here one or two screenshots of Pale Moon showing how the current en-US strings to be translated are diosplayed, it would be better for us to understand various options about smooth scrolling especiallly. You can attach images to one post in reply using the attachment field on bottom right.
For a regular extension, we use to test ourself but here it is a bit difficult since we have not the whole app (and besides I am under Linux)
2/ What is the meaning of smooth scrolling "duration" exactly? Is it a delay before reaction or some scrolling step or something? please give a hint

Thanks in advance smile.gif

[@markh edited after your kind answer, thanks]
Think Global, Make Locales!

Sometimes I am on irc://moznet/BabelZilla
but you can also drop a word in the shoutbox

#7 german_palemoon

german_palemoon

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:36 PM

Hi

I have done the de (German) translation smile.gif

#8 whknnn

whknnn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 03:05 AM

I have done the zh-CN translation and released it.

#9 moonchild

moonchild

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 12:10 PM

Thank you for the translations so far! Looking good smile.gif

I know it's more difficult in this case because it's for a Windows-only application that has not been released yet. It requires a slightly different way of working on all our parts (For my part I had to wrap things up in an XPI, will have to manually merge the files when translated, etc.)

As requested, attached here some screenshots of the preferences windows.

As for the duration, I'll point you to a post on the Pale Moon forum where I already explain this in some detail:
http://forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?f=...mp;p=6359#p6359

Attached File  Image1.png   39.74KB   28 downloads
Attached File  Image2.png   44.13KB   31 downloads

#10 aphanic

aphanic

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:53 PM

Hello, I've just translated the strings into Spanish (es-ES) and Galician (gl-ES here, gl in the list of Pale Moon language packs).

Seeing those screenshots I have a question regarding the second one, are those input boxes for the duration dynamically placed? I ask because both Spanish and Galician translations are longer than the original strings and if they were hardcoded the text would overlap with the input boxes.

#11 moonchild

moonchild

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 08:28 PM

QUOTE (aphanic @ Aug 20 2012, 18:53) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Seeing those screenshots I have a question regarding the second one, are those input boxes for the duration dynamically placed?

Yes they are dynamically placed (in-line) so whatever length the translated text has is OK!

#12 KpoJIuK

KpoJIuK

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 06:22 PM

Russian translation updated.

#13 k2jp

k2jp

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:26 AM

Hi, moonchild

I've done the ja(Japanese) translation.

Update "Pale Moon language packs" page ASAP, please.
- http://www.palemoon.org/langpacks.shtml

#14 Redux

Redux

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 07:25 AM

Registered as polish translator smile.gif
Sorry but I'm a newbie in this. I translated those strings by the "View on WTS" link, what to do now?

#15 markh

markh

BZ Jungle Guide

• Admin
  • 4070 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 12:29 PM

welcomeani.gif here then!
You can find all the details on regular translation work in our Wiki. Note that this a particular case, where testing needs to be done somewhat differently. See above discussion!

QUOTE (Redux @ Aug 30 2012, 07:25) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Registered as polish translator smile.gif
Sorry but I'm a newbie in this. I translated those strings by the "View on WTS" link, what to do now?

#16 Redux

Redux

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 02:22 PM

Thanks, now I released the pl language. smile.gif

#17 damjang

damjang

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 12:30 PM

I have done the slovenian (sl) translation

#18 Jonatham

Jonatham

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 04:14 PM

I have done the portuguese (pt-BR) translation

The string palemoon.menu.statusBar.accesskey has just S as text to be translated. Is this just a hotkey or am I missing something?

#19 markh

markh

BZ Jungle Guide

• Admin
  • 4070 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 06:52 AM

QUOTE (Jonatham @ Sep 11 2012, 16:14) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have done the portuguese (pt-BR) translation

The string palemoon.menu.statusBar.accesskey has just S as text to be translated. Is this just a hotkey or am I missing something?

Yes, hence the title of the string. ‘accesskey’ should be sufficient as a hint wink.gif

#20 ivek

ivek

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 08:47 PM

Hi.

I have done Croatian translation of missing strings, but after that I realized that should have used hr code for language instead hr-HR. I hope that is not problem, and that you can merge it anyway. I don't know why are there to codes for Croatian language, there are no two versions of it in real life.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users