23 replies to this topic

#1 Merci chao

Merci chao

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 56 posts

• Extension Developer: Yes
  • Extensions: Pick & Save Images, Personal Menu, History Submenus II
  • Translator for Chinese (zh-TW / Traditional)
  • My OS Windows

Posted 06 April 2016 - 05:45 AM

Maintainer: Merci chao
Creator: Merci chao

Ext. Version: 2.4pre2
Release date: 0000-00-00
Description: Lists the images in page, lets you pick and save.
Extension is compatible to: ( Posted Image 45.0 - 52.0a2)

Included locales: de en-US es-ES ja pt-BR sv-SE zh-CN zh-TW

View on WTS -- Download the extension

Edited by Merci chao, 02 February 2017 - 04:16 AM.

#2 Merci chao

Merci chao

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 56 posts

• My OS Windows

Posted 06 April 2016 - 05:58 AM

Hi everyone. smile.gif
This extension is for saving the images in page. (Something like Image Picker and my previous similar extension Image Download II)
It can list out all images in page and let you pick. It also includes basic filters (e.g. dimensions, image type, etc.) as well as advanced rules (URL, CSS selector and script).
You can have multiple profiles to have multiple preference sets, like filter settings, saving path, naming rule, etc.
In addition, this extension also provides Thumbnail Mapping, supports simple wildcard (*) pattern, regular expression, and script.

Currently this extension hasn't been uploaded to AMO as I would like to basically finish the l10n first.
Besides, as I'm not a native English speaker, the en-US locale may contain lots of grammar mistakes.
I'll be so happy if you could point them out and suggest me the better expressions. welcomeani.gif

Here are some screenshots:
https://drive.google...amp;usp=sharing
Please forgive my poor English...

#3 JrNordestino

JrNordestino

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Interests:knowledge...

• Extension Developer: No
  • Translator for Portuguese (pt-BR / Brazilian)
  • My OS Gnu/Linux
  • Translation Credits to Antonio Junior. Autor dos livros "Conexões Nordestinas", "Do fim ao começo" e "Guerra Digital(A PUBLICAR)".

Posted 21 June 2016 - 05:28 AM

Great adon, man... Starting translation to pt-BR right now...

#4 Merci chao

Merci chao

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 56 posts

• My OS Windows

Posted 21 June 2016 - 06:32 AM

Great adon, man... Starting translation to pt-BR right now...

Thanks for your contribution! If you encounter any problem in the translation please feel free to tell me. ^_^

#5 JrNordestino

JrNordestino

• Members
  • 3 posts

• My OS Gnu/Linux
  • Translation Credits to Antonio Junior. Autor dos livros "Conexões Nordestinas", "Do fim ao começo" e "Guerra Digital(A PUBLICAR)".

Posted 21 June 2016 - 06:57 AM

First work posted... I am new in this tool (site), and still learning to use it.

#6 JrNordestino

JrNordestino

• Members
  • 3 posts

• My OS Gnu/Linux

Posted 21 June 2016 - 08:09 PM

I believe that the translation is complete, but there may be some error... may be needed someone else revise the text.

#7 Merci chao

Merci chao

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 56 posts

• My OS Windows

Posted 22 June 2016 - 12:37 AM

I believe that the translation is complete, but there may be some error... may be needed someone else revise the text.

Wow, it's too fast, man. :laugh:

I'll check it and release the localized version in the beta channel later.

BTW, here is a new message needed to be translated in the latest version:

Not available in View Range or Selected Range mode.

Thanks for your contribution again! I'll release the new version with your translation ASAP. ^_^

#8 irekir

irekir

• Members
  • 3 posts

• Translator for Ah, I could be spamming
  • My OS Windows

Posted 02 August 2016 - 09:16 AM

øij

#9 ralph

ralph

• Members
  • 10 posts

• Translator for German (de)
  • My OS Windows
  • Translation Credits to Ralph Depser

Posted 25 January 2017 - 08:27 PM

Hi!

I am translating to DE. There is a string I do not quite understand. Could you rephrase it please so that I can find an appropriate translation? Thanks!

String:

Use profile matches the current page to save images

BTW, a few of the references given do not exist (sometimes the file does not exist, sometimes the key in the file does not exist). I translate these anyway, but I might use vocabulary different from other Firefox terms.

#10 ralph

ralph

• Members
  • 10 posts

• My OS Windows

Posted 25 January 2017 - 10:28 PM

Another question please, regarding savingJob.dtd

Does "Order of image within the page of it" mean that sorted per page, while "Order of image within all pages" means that first all images of all pages are put into one bucket, then the get sorted?

#11 ralph

ralph

• Members
  • 10 posts

• My OS Windows

Posted 25 January 2017 - 10:34 PM

Also, while I think I get "Count of images to be saved within all pages" correctly (total number of all images to be saved, counted over all pages), I am not quite sure how to understand "Count of images to be saved within the page of them".

The latter one, ist it the image count

- average per page

- if only image(s) of one single page are to be saved?

- something completely different?

Sorry for asking this much. Your screenshots would probably make it clear, but Google says they're no longer available.

#12 Merci chao

Merci chao

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 56 posts

• My OS Windows

Posted 26 January 2017 - 03:17 AM

Hello, ralph.

First of all, thank you so much for your help!

Hi!

I am translating to DE. There is a string I do not quite understand. Could you rephrase it please so that I can find an appropriate translation? Thanks!

String:

BTW, a few of the references given do not exist (sometimes the file does not exist, sometimes the key in the file does not exist). I translate these anyway, but I might use vocabulary different from other Firefox terms.

// Use profile matches the current page to save images //
The profiles can be linked to the specified web pages. For example, we can link the profile "Example" to the web site "www.example.com".

When the current tab is www.example.com, if you click on the toolbar button, the profile "Example" will be used.

So the sentence above means: "Save images from the current page (www.example.com), with the corresponding profile (the Example, because of the linkage)".

According to the "references" you said, if you mean the localization notes, they are just for helping you to refer and find the suitable terms to use.

Sometimes the references I gave may not suitable in your language and need to be revised.

Another question please, regarding savingJob.dtd

Does "Order of image within the page of it" mean that sorted per page, while "Order of image within all pages" means that first all images of all pages are put into one bucket, then the get sorted?

When saving images in multiple pages, e.g.:

Page 1: Image A, Image B

Page 2: Image C, Image D, Image E

"Order of image within the page of it" means:

Page 1: Image A (1), Image B (2)

Page 2: Image C (1), Image D (2), Image E (3)

"Order of image within all pages" means:

Page 1: Image A (1), Image B (2)

Page 2: Image C (3), Image D (4), Image E (5)

Maybe there are some other short expressions can be clearer to tell.

Also, while I think I get "Count of images to be saved within all pages" correctly (total number of all images to be saved, counted over all pages), I am not quite sure how to understand "Count of images to be saved within the page of them".

The latter one, ist it the image count

- average per page

- if only image(s) of one single page are to be saved?

- something completely different?

Sorry for asking this much. Your screenshots would probably make it clear, but Google says they're no longer available.

For the example above,

"within all pages" means:

Page 1: Image A (5), Image B (5)

Page 2: Image C (5), Image D (5), Image E (5)

"within the page of them" means:

Page 1: Image A (2), Image B (2)

Page 2: Image C (3), Image D (3), Image E (3)

#13 ralph

ralph

• Members
  • 10 posts

• My OS Windows

Posted 30 January 2017 - 06:04 PM

Thank you  for the explanation! I think it is clear to me now!

I added "" in the translation to make it easier to understand, is this ok? It reads like this

Use "profile matches the current page" to save images

, just in German.

And thank you for taking this huge effort to create this add-on!

I am around halfway through the German translation now - had to work on the weekend. I'll be finished within a few days.

I came across a typo in the English original: titleParamPrompt.title in file savingJob.properties reads "Page Ttile".

#14 Merci chao

Merci chao

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 56 posts

• My OS Windows

Posted 31 January 2017 - 02:42 AM

Thank you  for the explanation! I think it is clear to me now!

I added "" in the translation to make it easier to understand, is this ok? It reads like this

Use "profile matches the current page" to save images

, just in German.

And thank you for taking this huge effort to create this add-on!

I am around halfway through the German translation now - had to work on the weekend. I'll be finished within a few days.

I came across a typo in the English original: titleParamPrompt.title in file savingJob.properties reads "Page Ttile".

It's OK if the addition quotes can make it be more readable, but please don't quote too often if quoting is uncommon on the interface of Firefox and your OS.

Thanks again for your translation and I'll fix the typo. : )

#15 ralph

ralph

• Members
  • 10 posts

• My OS Windows

Posted 01 February 2017 - 10:23 PM

Actually, without the quotes I doubt that many perople will even understand the sentence. This may be due to culture. I met a girl recently who is working on her PhD for Spanish; she told me a lot about how culture and history have great influence on how text is perceived, even if all are native speakers. It defines the way we think about language and what we expect.

German is a language that is very strict with grammar. And, well, you might notice, German may appear to carelessly waste words. Some phrases that in English can be said correctly by putting 3 words in a row, you may need double as many in German; adding small words, certain suffixes and all being different for the three genders nouns can have, affecting not only the noun but also related words. Also word order and punctuation are very strict, as are rules on when to combine nouns by adding one directly to the other, divided by a hyphen or a blank.

Anyway, I am done with all the files. I tried to use precise language and used the given references whenever one was given and available. There were a few phrases and sentences where I was not sure I got the right meaning, probably because I am not famililar with programming. I'll try to review my translation once it is inlcuded in the extension and I can actually see the respective situation.

There is a file BZ_localized.txt, do I have to do something with this one, too?

And, sorry, another stupid question: I edited all files in the localization folder, then tared and gzipped them. No I wonder what to do with it?  When on the portal for the DE translation, I am offered to upload a locale.zip (well, I can also zip it), but when I follow the link, there is no upload available.

#16 Merci chao

Merci chao

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 56 posts

• My OS Windows

Posted 02 February 2017 - 12:49 AM

Actually, without the quotes I doubt that many perople will even understand the sentence. This may be due to culture. I met a girl recently who is working on her PhD for Spanish; she told me a lot about how culture and history have great influence on how text is perceived, even if all are native speakers. It defines the way we think about language and what we expect.

German is a language that is very strict with grammar. And, well, you might notice, German may appear to carelessly waste words. Some phrases that in English can be said correctly by putting 3 words in a row, you may need double as many in German; adding small words, certain suffixes and all being different for the three genders nouns can have, affecting not only the noun but also related words. Also word order and punctuation are very strict, as are rules on when to combine nouns by adding one directly to the other, divided by a hyphen or a blank.

Anyway, I am done with all the files. I tried to use precise language and used the given references whenever one was given and available. There were a few phrases and sentences where I was not sure I got the right meaning, probably because I am not famililar with programming. I'll try to review my translation once it is inlcuded in the extension and I can actually see the respective situation.

There is a file BZ_localized.txt, do I have to do something with this one, too?

And, sorry, another stupid question: I edited all files in the localization folder, then tared and gzipped them. No I wonder what to do with it?  When on the portal for the DE translation, I am offered to upload a locale.zip (well, I can also zip it), but when I follow the link, there is no upload available.

Thanks for your translation!

The file BZ_localized.txt contains the translator name that is suggested to fill in. :laugh:

https://www.babelzil...56&language=100

There is another file amo.dtd for the page of AMO:

https://www.babelzil...06&filetype=dtd

It is not a part of the extension but it would be great if at least the summary can be translated. :blush:

#17 Merci chao

Merci chao

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 56 posts

• My OS Windows

Posted 02 February 2017 - 03:00 AM

Ralph, just a reminder, the following files are needed to be encoded as UTF-8:

selectTabs.dtd

content.properties

selectTabs.properties

thumbnailRule.properties

And "savingJob.dtd" is corrupted in the middle.

I have fixed these files and uploaded to WTS again.

You may install the the new development version and have a check:

https://addons.mozil...ersions/2.4pre2

#18 ralph

ralph

• Members
  • 10 posts

• My OS Windows

Posted 02 February 2017 - 06:54 PM

Oh, I am sorry, as you probably have figured out, I am quite a noob here! I used one of the recommended editors and just saved the files.

Last night then I found the online editor, which appears to be easier and safer to use!

I'll handle the last files shortly!

#19 Merci chao

Merci chao

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 56 posts

• My OS Windows

Posted 03 February 2017 - 12:49 AM

Oh, I am sorry, as you probably have figured out, I am quite a noob here! I used one of the recommended editors and just saved the files.

Last night then I found the online editor, which appears to be easier and safer to use!

I'll handle the last files shortly!

Well, I thought you might have experience in localizing Firefox extensions, so preferred to do it offline. :laugh:

#20 ralph

ralph

• Members
  • 10 posts

• My OS Windows

Posted 08 February 2017 - 12:27 AM

Haha, actually I AM pretty old school when it comes to do things online. :laugh:

It feels safer and an editor is usually smother than a bowser script or application.

Aaand just to support this my view, I found that all my changes in amo.dtd were lost - had translated all but the very last field. Did it again and found it won't save (if I open the page in a new window, all will be untranslated). So I downloaded the file and edited it using notepad++, this time making sure it was encoded as UTF-8. I hope it works!

Then I translated BZ_localized.txt, but I cannot upload it. I am getting a message that this file was unknown, hence will be ignored.

Anyway, all important strings should be translated now!

I am going to install the new PRE and see if I find some awkward translation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users