Just uploaded the last changes to SmartTemplate⁴ - as I am moving my users to a paid standard license. There is a lot of convincing work left, hope I am getting it right.
Basically the Add-on will count down 14 days or trial (I might increase this to 21 days before release) after which at least purchase of a standard license will be necessary. I also include a lots of changes since the last release, which are listed here: http://smarttemplate...ersion.html#2.1
- [Bug 26536] Support using SmartTemplate⁴ variables in Thunderbird Templates (Tb 60)
- [Bug 26634] header.*.matchFrom* functions: append/prepend arbitrary text to field based on match.
- [Bug 26677] %header.set.matchFromBody()% improvements for use with subject line.
- [Bug 26629] %X:=timezone()% switch to set a specific time zone with date variables
- Removed display of donate page on update.
- Remember path for file picker when saving / loading templates
- [Bug 26667] ESR 2019 Readyness - make SmartTemplate⁴ compatible with Thunderbird 68
- [Bug 26626] "Edit As New" duplicates email content unless Stationery is installed
- [Bug 26627] Signature was always removed when creating message from templates.
- [Bug 26628] %dateshort% and %datelocal% omit time portion
- [Bug 26632] Using %dateformat% in reply / forward: deferred fields are not automatically tidied up
- %attach% command defaults to only append HTML files - should accept all file types.
- [Bug 26635] Cursor when writing/forwarding not placed in "To:" Row
- Added button for extending your SmartTemplate⁴ Pro License.
- Added mandatory Standard license
So far, I have built 325 prerelease versions for this release (2.1) - I would say about half of these were due to the work of making SmartTemplate⁴ compatible with Thunderbird 68. Pretty happy that the Add-on will continue to work for another year. I know there is going to be an even bigger load of work for next years Thunderbird update so I am building a financial incentive to do so.
There is also an upgrade path to the SmartTemplate⁴ Pro license.