Think Global, Make Locales!

Sometimes I am on irc://moznet/BabelZilla
but you can also drop a word in the shoutbox

#22 fretchen

fretchen

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 06:54 PM

@Goofy, this foward is me for example. I already changed it in my home version and it will be uploaded with my next commit biggrin.gif

#23 Goofy

Goofy

Advanced Member

• Super Mod
  • 8437 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 09:09 PM

QUOTE (fretchen @ Jun 1 2008, 19:54) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
@Goofy, this foward is me for example. I already changed it in my home version and it will be uploaded with my next commit biggrin.gif

wow very good, you mean you have still cvs access so you can fix things in the next en-US (Did I understand?)

#24 sunilmohan

sunilmohan

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 06:40 AM

QUOTE (fretchen @ Jun 1 2008, 11:11) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello, what happens with the changes done in Thunderbird files ? Is it possible to create a diff with the original cvs ? This diff will can be sent to the locale bugzilla, whenever the translater wants.

Hi Fred,

I was going to remind you to do this. There is a diff in l10n/de/collab/pachtes directory of the Spicebird SVN. You can raise a bug and the submit this patch.

All languages are going have changes done to Thundebird and Calendar as patches in Spicebird SVN. This is to make it easy to submit changes to upstream.

#25 sunilmohan

sunilmohan

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 06:47 AM

QUOTE (Goofy @ Jun 1 2008, 21:09) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
wow very good, you mean you have still cvs access so you can fix things in the next en-US (Did I understand?)

Fred has access to the entire Spicebird SVN. He has been submitting patches (slowly increasing in size and complexity) to improve the code.

Any one willing to contribute patches to the code is welcome. Start submitting patches in the Bugzilla first and gain access to the SVN.

#26 fretchen

fretchen

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 07:08 AM

QUOTE (sunilmohan @ Jun 2 2008, 05:40) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Fred,

I was going to remind you to do this. There is a diff in l10n/de/collab/pachtes directory of the Spicebird SVN. You can raise a bug and the submit this patch.

All languages are going have changes done to Thundebird and Calendar as patches in Spicebird SVN. This is to make it easy to submit changes to upstream.

Very, very nice. Will be done today.

#27 fretchen

fretchen

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 10:30 AM

QUOTE (Goofy @ Jun 1 2008, 21:09) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes and if you want i have a bug for you:

http://bugzilla.spicebird.org/show_bug.cgi?id=580

You can find the string in collab/mailnews/displayOverlay.dtd

#28 sunilmohan

sunilmohan

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 05:07 PM

Czech localization is done and committed to Spicebird SVN from BabelZilla. Many many thanks to Joelp and amper.

#29 Goofy

Goofy

Advanced Member

• Super Mod
  • 8437 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 05:41 PM

QUOTE (fretchen @ Jun 2 2008, 11:30) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes and if you want i have a bug for you:

http://bugzilla.spicebird.org/show_bug.cgi?id=580

You can find the string in collab/mailnews/displayOverlay.dtd

smile.gif You mean this sentence?
When a tag with 'Add ToDo' is applied to a message, the user will be prompted to add a todo item to the calendar

mmmh I imagine it is a kind of "attachment" to a message. When you receive the message which is tagged with a todo by the sender, there is some alert or slider telling you : "Do you want to add task so and so to your calendar?"
(just my imagination maybe closedeyes.gif )

#30 fretchen

fretchen

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 10 June 2008 - 10:09 AM

Hello everyone. i have written a little HowTo install Spicebird under Linux/KDE and GNOME.
The KDE part can be found here:
KDE

The GNOME part can be found here:
GNOME

#31 sp_babel

sp_babel

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 07:15 AM

Hi to everybody. As required in the Italian BabelZillian, I have translated all the files in the "collab" folder. wink.gif However, nearly 9% of the phrases are still missing. surprise.gif After a check, they are mainly related to files in the folder "messenger".
Goofy, you have transferred the existing Italian translation of Thunderbird to Spicebird. Do you think these phrases do need to be translated, also if they do not belong to "collab", because they are missing also in Thunderbird?

#32 Goofy

Goofy

Advanced Member

• Super Mod
  • 8437 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 07:26 AM

QUOTE (sp_babel @ Jun 14 2008, 08:15) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi to everybody. As required in the Italian BabelZillian, I have translated all the files in the "collab" folder. wink.gif However, nearly 9% of the phrases are still missing. surprise.gif After a check, they are mainly related to files in the folder "messenger".
Goofy, you have transferred the existing Italian translation of Thunderbird to Spicebird. Do you think these phrases do need to be translated, also if they do not belong to "collab", because they are missing also in Thunderbird?

1. Congratulations for all your work rockon.gif up to now smile.gif

2. about
Do you think these phrases do need to be translated, also if they do not belong to "collab", because they are missing also in Thunderbird?

I think yes they need translation, but I am not sure, I will ask sunilmohan and report here asap (other translators may be interested)

#33 sunilmohan

sunilmohan

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 12:40 PM

QUOTE (sp_babel @ Jun 14 2008, 06:15) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Spicebird code for 0.7 is based on April 12th Mozilla code. By then Italian team did not update their translations leaving out this 9% gap. But I see that in the latest code, they have completed these translations.

Although a bit difficult, I will somehow get those finished translations to work for us. So, please don't bother with that 9% of strings. I will initiate the review process for Italian Spicebird now.

0) Please add yourself to this page http://wiki.spicebird.org/L10N:Teams
1) I will review the translations from code point view and give you comments on issues that need to be fixed.
2) Parallely, if there are not big issues, I will commit the translations to the code repository.
3) Automatic builds of Spicebird Italian 0.7pre and Italian language packs for 0.7pre will be build and uploaded to files.spicebird.org everynight. Please use them for testing and review work.
4) Please register and account at bugzilla.spicebird.org. I will create a component in the Bugzilla for Italian with default assignee as you so that Italian users/testers could report bugs.
5) If you want to manage Italian translations yourself directly to SVN code repository, please raise a bug in the Bugzilla asking for an SVN account.

Thank you,

--
Sunil Mohan

#34 fretchen

fretchen

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 05:06 PM

Now there are also windows nightly builds. if you want to test your localization you can do the following:
1.) Download the nightly build here: http://files.spicebird.org/pub/spicebird.o...cebird/nightly/
2.) Install it as described here: http://wiki.spicebird.org/Support:Installi...bird_On_Windows
3.) Download the localization from babelzilla and install it.

Good luck everyone.

#35 TLemur

TLemur

[ru-RU] Moderator

• BabelZillian Mods
  • 135 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 05:18 PM

Hey, what about Russian translation? I was told to wait till 30th of June. And today is nearly 11th July. Where can I grab it?

#36 sp_babel

sp_babel

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 August 2008 - 08:49 PM

QUOTE (sunilmohan @ Jun 20 2008, 13:40) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Spicebird code for 0.7 is based on April 12th Mozilla code. By then Italian team did not update their translations leaving out this 9% gap. But I see that in the latest code, they have completed these translations.

Although a bit difficult, I will somehow get those finished translations to work for us. So, please don't bother with that 9% of strings. I will initiate the review process for Italian Spicebird now.

Hi. More than one month ago, the Italian translation was ready for a first check. However, I got no feedback from sunilmohan. Are there problems? I also sent him a PM but I got no reply... sad.gif

#37 markh

markh

BZ Jungle Guide

• Admin
  • 4070 posts

Posted 06 August 2008 - 07:03 AM

QUOTE (sp_babel @ Aug 5 2008, 20:49) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi. More than one month ago, the Italian translation was ready for a first check. However, I got no feedback from sunilmohan. Are there problems? I also sent him a PM but I got no reply... sad.gif

He seems to have last logged in on July 26th, but since it is summer season he might be on holiday...
While the bankers all get their bonuses I’ll just get along with what I’ve got

#38 thomasjohansen

thomasjohansen

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 01:19 AM

Hi, im translating the da-DK locale, but i have messed up one thing. I wanted to upload a new dictionary and babelzilla failed with copy paste so i uploaded a da-DK.dic and when that didnt work a en-US.dic which didnt work either. Now status says 837 % complete. can one of you remove those two files?

I think our status should be between 99,3 % to 100% but downt know now.

Thomasjohansen

Solved, dont know how, but the next day it all was as it should be..

#39 sunilmohan

sunilmohan

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 01:37 PM

Dear Thomas,

Congratulations on completing the localization of Spicebird to Danish. I have started the process of initial commit to Spicebird repository and completed most of it. The progress is being tracked at http://bugzilla.spicebird.org/show_bug.cgi?id=689

There are one things that you need to do. Register an account at Spicebird Bugzilla so that I can create a pt-PT component. This will allow emails regarding bugs reported against pt-PT to reach you and CC yourself to the bug at the above URL. Then start testing once nightly builds are ready smile.gif

Thank you for the excellent work,

--
Sunil Mohan

#40 vick_thor

vick_thor

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 07:08 PM

Hi, folks. I'm kind of new on this forum, so please excuse my ignorance in Spicebird. I disovered Spicebird a few months ago and i'm using the portable version since then. I would like to translate Spicebird to romanian (as in Romania-not as rromanes or rroma a.k.a the gipsy language). So, i downloaded the language pack extension and installed (at least that was my intention) to Spicebird using Tools menu->Add-ons. Guess what, a message appears telling me that the extension is incompatible with Spicebird!?! Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated!
I see lots of people finishing various translation but i just don't know where and how to begin such task. Help please!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users