• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Fingli

Fingli

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 08:49 PM

[en-US] Dudes, is there any way to test this translation? As I see you are almost ready, so do you test somehow the strings and phrases if they appear correctly? I tried to read here but obviously my French is not so good happy.gif laugh.gif I can't understand..

#2 Goofy

Goofy

Advanced Member

• Super Mod
  • 8437 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 09:01 PM

Citation (Fingli @ Jul 23 2007, 21:49) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[en-US] Dudes, is there any way to test this translation? As I see you are almost ready, so do you test somehow the strings and phrases if they appear correctly? I tried to read here but obviously my French is not so good happy.gif laugh.gif I can't understand..

well we cannot test really but we can see where the strings will be displayed : just hop on the site, register (it is free) and browse the pages... smile.gif
Think Global, Make Locales!

Sometimes I am on irc://moznet/BabelZilla
but you can also drop a word in the shoutbox

#3 Fingli

Fingli

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 10:45 AM

QUOTE(myahoo @ Jul 24 2007, 00:22) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ahmetalpbalkan: did we need to translate Average_Mark_for_%s and Averages_of_Lessons?!

QUOTE(ahmetalpbalkan @ Jul 24 2007, 00:28) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes you should translate them.

It means that: Student generates and downloads his success graphic as (jpg)image..

Those are filenames for this image.

Example : Average_Mark_for_Maths
Translation: %s_Ortalama_Notu

We put name of the lesson instead of %s in that sentence.
Translate it but don't use unique characters like î,é,á .. and put underline (_) please.

thanks.

If it's so then I'll have to leave these strings untranslated. We use different alphabet you know and this sometimes cause conflicts with certain operating systems. dry.gif

#4 Fingli

Fingli

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 09:37 AM

[fr-FR] Bonjour blush.gif

[en-US] Well. This tread, as I see, becomes official smile.gif
So I'll put my message here but you can move it at any time (towards French mods).

[GoofyEdit Moved here, but you are welcome in the French section if needed anyway smile.gif ]

I'm ready with Bulgarian translation. But it's not official release for now. I wish to see how it will looks on the real site. I'm afraid there will be some grammatical non-conformity because there was many linked-files (%s, %d .. etc.) some of these sentences I translated by guess rolleyes.gif

Also - I leaved untranslated 3 strings which are (as I read here) actually file names - Averages_of_Lessons, Average_Mark_for_%s, Average_Mark_for_%s_%s. In Bulgaria we use Cyrillic alphabet and such filenames may cause conflicts with certain operating systems.

Excuse me one again I'm writing here but I know ahmet reads this topic angel1.gif

Attached File  messages_BG.zip   15.43KB   1 downloads

#5 ahmetalpbalkan

ahmetalpbalkan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 01:55 PM

Got it smile.gif Works very well. I can get your personal info and photos on gtalk or msn smile.gif

Thanks again blush.gif blush.gif

#6 Fingli

Fingli

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 25 July 2007 - 04:24 PM

QUOTE(ahmetalpbalkan @ Jul 25 2007, 15:55) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Got it smile.gif Works very well. I can get your personal info and photos on gtalk or msn smile.gif

Thanks again blush.gif blush.gif

I'm glad I can help smile.gif smile.gif

But I still wish to look up how it will suite on the site.

About my personal info - I'll write it here in order not to wait me to log-on in messengers. Another good thing in this forum is that I can attach files, so, I'll attach my photo here (as a ZIP file).

Name: Yulian Yordanov
City: Targovishte, Bulgaria
Interests: Translations, Networking
Job: Economist; Bank clerk

Attached File  photo_fingli_BG.zip   48.2KB   5 downloads

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users